Plot thickens Jimmy G to be pursued by Browns in trade

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
John Clayton was on ESPN radio and thought the Bears would be interested in Jimmy G and that it would likely cost their 2nd this season and 3rd next season.

If that gets me an upgrade at QB better than I am going to get in the draft and ALLOWS me to take Jonathan Allen I am in.

I'd be good with that. If Allen or Garrett are not there at 4/5 they could always recoup those picks with a trade down with someone slobbering over a QB/Fournette.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
John Clayton was on ESPN radio and thought the Bears would be interested in Jimmy G and that it would likely cost their 2nd this season and 3rd next season.

If that gets me an upgrade at QB better than I am going to get in the draft and ALLOWS me to take Jonathan Allen I am in.

I'd be good with that. If Allen or Garrett are not there at 4/5 they could always recoup those picks with a trade down with someone slobbering over a QB/Fournette.

So with a rare top 5 pick and a golden opportunity to draft a difference maker at QB (or at least try to - there are no guarantees), the Bears trade for a backup game manager and trade down in the draft for .... some guy, missing out not only on an impact QB but all impact players.

Great.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So with a rare top 5 pick and a golden opportunity to draft a difference maker at QB (or at least try to - there are no guarantees), the Bears trade for a backup game manager and trade down in the draft for .... some guy, missing out not only on an impact QB but all impact players.

Great.

You assume Jimmy G is only a game manager.

You assume the QBs in the draft are difference makers.

You may be right, but I think you are wrong on Jimmy and the draft class has some issues.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

You may be right, but I think you are wrong on Jimmy and the draft class has some issues.

As I said there are no guarantees, but I certainly think guys like Kizer and Watson have more game breaking ability than Jimmy. I still don't know what some people see in Jimmy that makes them rate him so highly. College opposition not that much higher than Juco and a game and a half of comfortably running Belichick's system (like every other warm body is able to do) before getting injured.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the price is a second this year and a third next year, I would do both, fuck it. Trade for Jimmy and draft Kizer.

Reactions: DC

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
As I said there are no guarantees, but I certainly think guys like Kizer and Watson have more game breaking ability than Jimmy. I still don't know what some people see in Jimmy that makes them rate him so highly. College opposition not that much higher than Juco and a game and a half of comfortably running Belichick's system (like every other warm body is able to do) before getting injured.

Athletic
Good Arm
Really accurate

And just spent 3 years learning from the very best in the business.

I think that Garoppollo and Trubisy profile very similarly as athletes. If you could give me Trubisky after spending 3 years shadowing Brady I would be very happy.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
I agree with windy, jimmy is the real deal. I think he has the stiff to be elite in this league.

He's physically very gifted and very bright too not to mention he's had arguably the best qb of all time to learn from!

I believe he is miles ahead of anything in this draft. He's definitely much further along as far as development is concerned

AussieBear

Athletic
Good Arm
Really accurate

And just spent 3 years learning from the very best in the business.

I think that Garoppollo and Trubisy profile very similarly as athletes. If you could give me Trubisky after spending 3 years shadowing Brady I would be very happy.

id take jimmy for a 5th.. but they gotta throw in a 7th too

AussieBear

Thank you for another riveting contribution.

Again Australia shows why it can never be first in the Commonwealth Power Rankings.

no worries mate.. giving up picks for jimmy isnt an original idea.. but im okay with a 5th.... if thats not enough contribution...dont worry...i got the Dropping the load on fa mock coming... plus hometown jimmys been on dudes nuts since middle school.. its been covered...

see.... again... canadian americans thinking you need to be first in something to be great....

549e054a8e517aa3cd92c188bea23259.jpg

dont be first... relax... throw some prawns in da boiling pot.. have a beer.... watch the people of the world kill each other

Monster

Liked Posts:

I tend to agree with this.
We trade then somehow Bill takes a Falk in the second with the Bear pick and makes him an all pro looking player.
Da Bears luck...

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:

You assume Jimmy G is more than a game manager.

You assume the QBs in the draft aren't difference makers.

You may be right, but I think you are wrong on Jimmy and the draft class.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
For me Jimmy has nothing on Barkley but if the price is right then get him. Draft a early QB too. Fight it out. Funny that everything being said about jimmy is true about Barkley also. Young, smart, accurate, and never got their shot because of big name QBs in front of them. Barkley costs a lot less but put that aside and go after getting a legit QB to start for us.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am seriously close to saying fuck it and getting on the Barkley bandwagon all the way.

It is Christmas time, maybe miracles can happen.

It seems like more fun than actually worrying about the future of the QB position.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
China produces double the CO2 that the US does. You should do some research before blindly posting memes as factual information.

LOL at the weak comeback!

Nice to see us Brits picking up a couple of silvers. I want to see the alcohol abuse stats, I reckon we can take anyone.

Thibetanus

Liked Posts:
China produces double the CO2 that the US does. You should do some research before blindly posting memes as factual information.

China also has 4 times US population, so per capita, US is #1.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I am seriously close to saying fuck it and getting on the Barkley bandwagon all the way.

It is Christmas time, maybe miracles can happen.

It seems like more fun than actually worrying about the future of the QB position.
The miracle is we have not tripped over a QB before now. We are so far over due that the odds are now on our side. Sure sounds crazy, but the numbers always come around eventually. We are past due for getting a top QB. We bucked the odds so long now that it would be mathematically impossible to continue on our path.