Plot thickens Jimmy G to be pursued by Browns in trade

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm with Bearmick ( let him go to da Browns).....I just want this discussion about jg to stop. The guy has played in 3 games and ppl. are proclaiming him a so-called "franchise Qb"
Point is not that he's played in 2 games and looked outstanding. Point is he has a much better skill set than any QB you can draft while also obviously being more NFL ready.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know you're not new so stop acting like it. Tis the lying season.

Lance Zierlein
Will sail some throws when cutting it loose. Far too many of his interceptions are due to bad throws, lack of vision or staring down targets. Watson was duped into interceptions twice by Florida State cornerbacks on Saturday. His deep-ball accuracy can be scatter-shot, as he'll badly overthrow targets at times. His accuracy on crossing routes and slant routes, which should be relatively easy throws, needs to improve. His field vision can be very hit or miss. Watson gets locked onto a target and fails to see the simple throw come open. Could have difficulty transitioning from his limited-read college scheme to an NFL scheme. His leanness in his lower body might create some concerns considering his success as a runner.

Deshaun Watson*, QB, Clemson
Height: 6-2. Weight: 205.
Projected 40 Time: 4.60.
Projected Round (2017): 2-4.
12/7/16: I surveyed teams around the league to see where their initial draft grades were for Watson. Two playoff teams told me they had third-round grades on Watson. One said it was on the low end as a third- to fourth-rounder. Another playoff team told Walt that they had a third-round grade on Watson. Two other teams said they had second-round grades on Watson. One team thought that Watson still could be a late first-round quarterback, similar to Teddy Bridgewater, because of the dire need at the position across the NFL.

In this draft analyst's opinion, I would grade Watson as a third-round pick for the 2017 NFL Draft. Watson has been off with his accuracy this year, displaying poor ball placement, especially when going downfield. He has missed a lot of potential touchdowns as a result. Watson's performance against Louisville confirmed the accuracy and ball-placement problems we've seen all season. He hasn't dominated, and his play is not that of a top quarterback prospect. All of this illustrates that Watson still has room for improvement with his field vision, ball placement, and accuracy.

Also, Watson is undersized compared to your average NFL starting quarterback. On top of that, he plays in a college spread offense that doesn't correlate well to the NFL. Thus, he's going to need to learn working under center, operating the huddle, footwork, and not being a running quarterback.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Point is not that he's played in 2 games and looked outstanding. Point is he has a much better skill set than any QB you can draft while also obviously being more NFL ready.

Spartan......that's YOUR opinion based on as u say 2 games and da fact he's been injured. So lets trade da farm

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Lance Zierlein
Will sail some throws when cutting it loose. Far too many of his interceptions are due to bad throws, lack of vision or staring down targets. Watson was duped into interceptions twice by Florida State cornerbacks on Saturday. His deep-ball accuracy can be scatter-shot, as he'll badly overthrow targets at times. His accuracy on crossing routes and slant routes, which should be relatively easy throws, needs to improve. His field vision can be very hit or miss. Watson gets locked onto a target and fails to see the simple throw come open. Could have difficulty transitioning from his limited-read college scheme to an NFL scheme. His leanness in his lower body might create some concerns considering his success as a runner.

12/7/16: I surveyed teams around the league to see where their initial draft grades were for Watson. Two playoff teams told me they had third-round grades on Watson. One said it was on the low end as a third- to fourth-rounder. Another playoff team told Walt that they had a third-round grade on Watson. Two other teams said they had second-round grades on Watson. One team thought that Watson still could be a late first-round quarterback, similar to Teddy Bridgewater, because of the dire need at the position across the NFL.

In this draft analyst's opinion, I would grade Watson as a third-round pick for the 2017 NFL Draft. Watson has been off with his accuracy this year, displaying poor ball placement, especially when going downfield. He has missed a lot of potential touchdowns as a result. Watson's performance against Louisville confirmed the accuracy and ball-placement problems we've seen all season. He hasn't dominated, and his play is not that of a top quarterback prospect. All of this illustrates that Watson still has room for improvement with his field vision, ball placement, and accuracy.

Also, Watson is undersized compared to your average NFL starting quarterback. On top of that, he plays in a college spread offense that doesn't correlate well to the NFL. Thus, he's going to need to learn working under center, operating the huddle, footwork, and not being a running quarterback.

If you actually believe this rhetoric I feel sorry for you. He's also nowhere near 205 lbs. That was his freshman weight.

I'm none to concerned with QBs and thier lack of snaps under center coming out of college. Winston was the only QB in the last two drafts to have "experience" under center coming out. The Shotgun is also Wildly popular in today's NFL.

At the end of the day all three of the aforementioned will be top 10 picks. Don't let the smoke and mirrors cloud your judgment.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you actually believe this rhetoric I feel sorry for you. He's also nowhere near 205 lbs. That was his freshman weight.

I'm none to concerned with QBs and thier lack of snaps under center coming out of college. Winston was the only QB in the last two drafts to have "experience" under center coming out. The Shotgun is also Wildly popular in today's NFL.
Oh yes, experts = rhetoric
You are better than experts and NFL scouts. C'mon, man!!!!

Ruff Ruff

Liked Posts:
Griffin looks healthy as a mofo. Hes about to tear it up. Watch..

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Lance Zierlein

Has Lance Zierlein ever played football?????

Drew Brees played in a "spread", Orton ....so did Alex Smith. So did Dak Prescott ( and many others). Do I like...NO BUT.... They made they made da transition.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Quote Originally Posted by run and shoot View Post
Spartan......that's YOUR opinion based on as u say 2 games and da fact he's been injured. So lets trade da farm

I'm gonna have to give you an F- for reading comprehension.

Whats there 2 comprehend. YOU LOVE jg........nothing else matters

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whats there 2 comprehend. YOU LOVE jg........nothing else matters
Comprehend it's not just about what he's done in 2 games but the overwhelming fact he just has a better skill set than any QB who can be drafted next year and is obviously more NFL ready than any rookie would be and that is most important for a team starting over at the starting QB position.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Barkley showed more in 3 games than JG in two. Barkley should have great numbers if not for
Bellamy.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lance Zeurline has already changed his stance.

Walterfootball is a hack site.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Barkley showed more in 3 games than JG in two. Barkley should have great numbers if not for
Bellamy.

Not really.

The real problem is that Barkley has shown very limited physical tools. When he doesn't get pressure and can step into every throw he is okay.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Point is not whether he can or can't play the position.

Point is making post after post about it in December won't change anything.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Not really.

The real problem is that Barkley has shown very limited physical tools. When he doesn't get pressure and can step into every throw he is okay.

And Jimmy has shown what exactly in his NFL career?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lance Zeurline has already changed his stance.

Walterfootball is a hack site.

Editor's note:
I've scouted Deshaun Watson twice in person and had two very different thoughts about him after both games. The first time I watched him live was against Oklahoma in a College Football Playoff semifinal last season, and I came away extremely impressed with his play. My belief was that if he continued to build off of the performance I witnessed that night at the Orange Bowl, he would cement himself as a franchise-caliber QB in the eyes of scouts.

This past weekend, I watched Clemson take on Florida State, and once again, Watson got the win. However, I haven't seen the growth I was hoping (and expecting) to see from Watson as a passer and now my opinion of him as a pro quarterback prospect isn't as bullish as it used to be. Here's a look at his strengths, weaknesses and comparison.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Not really.

That's my favorite part. He does not force things and turn the ball over. Stays in the pocket where it's safe and he can play a full season.