Pompei on the Score about HC

Luke

Liked Posts:
He was on this morning with Haugh and they both agreed on the following.

-McD is the #1 choice out there. His demand for control of the 53 man roster is way over blown. Just like a marriage, the two parties have to be in sync on the decisions for the relationship to succeed.

-Shurmur is next who will be a rock solid HC.

-It helps that both have prior HC experience.

-Then there is a big drop off after that.

-Flip is the flavor of the day, catch lightening in a bottle Mcvay reach for who is the exception, not the rule. He would be a very risky hire.

-no talk of Nagy after that.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I would puke if it's Mcasshole. How does riding Brady's coattail make him qualified? He failed miserably in every facet of being a HC. His team hated him, the front office hated him, he wasted every draft pick he made. I would take Tdog over him.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
McD is probably my least favorite potential hire at this point. I hope the Bears interview is just a formality and leave no stone unturned type of thing.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Hiring mcdaniels would restore my faith in blundering pace

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Looks like my tip top two picks are not only in the mix but are in-line with what the bears want which in my opinion aligns with what they need and not some strange fantasy like some meatball fans have where they are literally having "pipe dreams" that RYAN PACE is going to turn some young kid literally in my age demographic into the next Bill Belechick or that a special teams coach is going to literally "bootstrap" the new QB into the next Brady. Don't need to look for a diamond in the coal mines, boys!

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Sometimes I think the coaching thing is a crock....you guys all lamenting have provably don't realize trestman had cutler and forte in a top 5 offense...he got ran out of here for losing the locker room over his power struggle w cutler, that ownership enabled. Of course defillipo gets to take credit for a great qb performance as does McDaniel, when you're calling plays into a 1st ballot hof who has been running the same playbook for 15 years what do you expect? Matt Patricia is the gem of the whole thing and is going to create the correct staff and attitude

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Honestly....I hire Matt Patricia and I bring in Tony Romo as oc

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
they’re just speculating and pitching for guys just like we are. there’s no way they know pace’s #1 choice.

pace leaks nothing, so all the local media guys are left with playing guessing games.

Completely agree...

I bet there are a ton of Ex-Bronco player/management types out there laughing their asses off that these idiots think McDaniel is the #1 candidate out there.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
While I like the idea of bringing in a wiser guy who failed because he was given a shot too early, McDaniels scares the hell outta me. Even if he's learned every football lesson he could from failing hard in Denver, people so rarely change their personalities. By all accounts I'm aware of, his main problem is that he's an insufferable asshole.

Luke

Liked Posts:
I think the most interesting take is the "big drop off" after McD and Shurmur. Flip may end up being a great HC but its hard to believe that the Bears hire him now as his resume is awfully light. I thought Nagy might have been discussed some as next in line.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
No locker room cancer/ family friendly Bears organization =/= Immature, temper tantrum, talk down to everyone in the building, with venom McDaniels.
Those 2 things are as far apart as it gets.
If McDaniels can somehow proves to everyone at Bears HQ he has reformed then either the man calls into question that a leopard can't change it's spots. Or McCaskey/Ted/Pace are gullible.
The later is most likely.
So... the Bears are definitely gonna offer him the job if the Giants don't swipe him.
At least the offense will look good until Captain Furious pushes the wrong buttons.

BearDownZZ

Liked Posts:
My guess is McDaniels is way different in his next job, whether its with the Bears or not. Coaches can develop just like players do.

The one thing about it is that he was extremely young and he was coming off tremendous success, so being arrogant isn't the worst thing in the world. If you don't think Ditka was an arrogant jerk much of the time, then you didn't pay attention. I think having a bit of an edge isn't a bad thing for a coach.

So it depends on is his plan, how he interviews and what coaches he can bring. If he has a list of respected coordinators that are ready to pick up and move with him then that would be a good sign that he's developed better leadership.

For me its about developing an innovative offense for a young QB and winning football games. Not whether I'm afraid he might be a jerk now and then.

And it sure seems like teams are highly interested. He's already set to interview with the Bears, Giants and Colts. If anyone thought he wasn't capable, no one would be talking to him.

Luke

Liked Posts:
My guess is McDaniels is way different in his next job, whether its with the Bears or not. Coaches can develop just like players do.

The one thing about it is that he was extremely young and he was coming off tremendous success, so being arrogant isn't the worst thing in the world. If you don't think Ditka was an arrogant jerk much of the time, then you didn't pay attention. I think having a bit of an edge isn't a bad thing for a coach.

So it depends on is his plan, how he interviews and what coaches he can bring. If he has a list of respected coordinators that are ready to pick up and move with him then that would be a good sign that he's developed better leadership.

For me its about developing an innovative offense for a young QB and winning football games. Not whether I'm afraid he might be a jerk now and then.

And it sure seems like teams are highly interested. He's already set to interview with the Bears, Giants and Colts. If anyone thought he wasn't capable, no one would be talking to him.

this. So does this mean that the Bears are a top 3 landing spot when the supposed #1 HC candidate will talk to them?

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
The thing with the flip is he's out of contract once the Eagles are done.

His head coaching availability may be overblown. Some of these solicitations for head coach also be a way of getting a jump on hiring him as an offensive coordinator, if the head coach is on board.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
McD made Orton & Bradford look fantastic, it was not just Brady. The guy is creative as shit, give him credit for that. Learning to be a HC, that is the appropriate question.