Pompei on the Score about HC

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
I'm not kidding one bit...have you watched him do a broadcast, he correctly predicts the play nearly every time, this way you have the genius HC on D and a really smart former QB who can help the kid grow....but yeah...thank God I'm not the GM....from the apes here who want the flavor of the day who are mostly going to flame out within 3 years

wouldnt he be better as a DC play caller then?

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Orton had a slightly better rating over 12 games with Buffalo, 88 vs 87 rating at Denver and Bradford had his worst year by far with McD. Orton was what he was by that point and 87 isn't 'fantastic', it's Jay Cutler. There may be reasons beyond McD for this but your statement is patently false.

Orton was a terrible QB.. so McDanials developing him into a mid level QB is fantastic..

and Bradford was playing on a high ankle sprain for most of the year..

So if your saying if Trubisky gets a high ankle sprain and he wont play very well under McDanials system then I would agree.. but what system does a QB thrive with a high ankle sprain??

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Orton was a terrible QB.. so McDanials developing him into a mid level QB is fantastic..

So, did Adam Gase "develop" Cutler? You seem to be confused on the difference between development and making some minor corrections.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Hiring mcdaniels would restore my faith in blundering pace
If you mean restore your faith that he is blundering Pace and not shrewd drafting Pace, then I agree.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do we REALLY want to hire more "Bronco Trash"? They must be laughing their asses off at us up in Denver.
We have better things to do than worry about Broncos fans.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

BearbaFett

Liked Posts:
i'm sure for the past 2 seasons, pace has been talking/working with ben mcdaniels to see how it would play out with josh. by keeping ben around and now pursuing an interview with josh, it speaks volumes about what he thinks about the thought of josh coaching here.

pace and josh could be BFFs for all we know. i wouldn't think that pace would bring in an unassociated asshole that would threaten to push him around and be a major dick to everyone and everything he built the past 2 years. his future is riding on this hire, after all.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
So, did Adam Gase "develop" Cutler? You seem to be confused on the difference between development and making some minor corrections.

yes because playing 33 games before McDanials got Orton is the same as 119 games played before Gase got Cutler...

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
yes because playing 33 games before McDanials got Orton is the same as 119 games played before Gase got Cutler...

33 games and four years is far removed from a rookie, or near rookie with 8 games.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
33 games and four years is far removed from a rookie, or near rookie with 8 games.

I agree. The earlier a QB guru can get a hold of a QB to develop him the better. Which is why every person here that wants McDanials.. wants McDanials..

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:

emaugust

Sort of a big deal...
Liked Posts:

and Bradford was playing on a high ankle sprain for most of the year..

So if your saying if Trubisky gets a high ankle sprain and he wont play very well under McDanials system then I would agree.. but what system does a QB thrive with a high ankle sprain??

All Orton ever did was win.... until he got traded away from the Bears heh.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And Bradford has been lighting it up ever since! Give me a break. The guy had a sophomore slump and has been nothing special ever since.

So your saying he regressed under Mcdaniels, after a very good rookie season under Shurmur........

"Shurmur also made a tangible impact on Sam Bradford’s immediate success as a rookie in 2010. The first-overall pick out of the University of Oklahoma set NFL rookie records for most consecutive passes without an interception (169) and most completions (354). Under Shurmur’s tutelage, Bradford finished the season with a 60.0 completion percentage, 3,512 yards and 18 touchdown passes, winning the AP NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year Award."

He then worked miracles with Nick Foles, and then again with Case Keenum. And he is not a total douchebag.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
that makes the most sense to me.

The Eagles blocked QB coach John DeFilippo from interviewing for the New York Jets OC job earlier this month.
Jeff Kerr - Jan 28, 2017

Earlier in January, the Philadelphia Eagles blocked quarterbacks coach John DeFilippo from interviewing for the New York Jets offensive coordinator position.

Teams have been accustomed to do this over time, so the decision wasn't a shocking one.

According to a report from Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer, Eagles general manager Howie Roseman and head coach Doug Pederson promised DeFilippo if he had an offer to become an offensive coordinator the pair wouldn't stand in his way. Roseman and DeFilippo stayed true to their word, but owner Jeffrey Lurie vetoed the bill and denied the request.

Lurie is "obsessed" with the development of Carson Wentz, making sure the second-year quarterback has all the resources necessary to succeed in the NFL. That includes the retaining of DeFilippo.

The next step in Lurie's process? Acquiring multiple playmaking wide receivers to help take Wentz's game to the next level.

DeFilippo has one year left on his contract and could be a prime candidate for offensive coordinator jobs in 2018 should Wentz continue to show significant progress.

Get him while you can.. If he hits the open market for OC, the Bears probably aren’t in the running unless they’re willing to give an OC a boatload of cash. Yeah, it’s a risk. What isn’t? John Fox was “safe”.

Plus, dude’s probably got a chip on his shoulder from the Eagles breaking their promise to him. I like that—a driver to success.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
So your saying he regressed under Mcdaniels, after a very good rookie season under Shurmur........

"Shurmur also made a tangible impact on Sam Bradford’s immediate success as a rookie in 2010. The first-overall pick out of the University of Oklahoma set NFL rookie records for most consecutive passes without an interception (169) and most completions (354). Under Shurmur’s tutelage, Bradford finished the season with a 60.0 completion percentage, 3,512 yards and 18 touchdown passes, winning the AP NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year Award."

He then worked miracles with Nick Foles, and then again with Case Keenum. And he is not a total douchebag.

You’ll be hard pressed to find any negative quote from me about Shurmur. I like Shurmur, and I really like Pace’s list in general. I just find it ridiculous that everyone on here wants to write off a guy that the vast majority of the NFL considers to be a top HC candidate. I guess CCS has the true inside scoop.

dbldrew

Liked Posts: