Positives about where we are

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I didn’t realize the coaching staff was in charge of FA spending decisions. Man, that Poles has a cushy job…gets paid and doesn’t have to work!

also, just because Nagy is gone, doesn’t mean we will be able to fairly judge the QB position now
There was no way to judge a QB in Nagy's system and the coaches are a big part in which players are sought after. Is this your first season of football?

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
There was no way to judge a QB in Nagy's system and the coaches are a big part in which players are sought after. Is this your first season of football?
You’re assuming the new coaching staff knows wtf they are doing. This your first season as a bears fan?!

Visionman

Liked Posts:
You’re assuming the new coaching staff knows wtf they are doing. This your first season as a bears fan?!
Yeah, better just to think they’re crap, even though everything so far speaks to the opposite…

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
You’re doing a bit and it sucks
I don't think it's a bit, he is just that much of a rube. He and dongbears could be blood brothers and he just sucks.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I don't think it's a bit, he is just that much of a rube. He and dongbears could be blood brothers and he just sucks.
He’s definitely big time dumb and sucks but I think this whole “everyone else is an idiot” thing is fake. He knows he’s a moron.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Agree with you, OP. And I think the team will be a lot better this year than much of these clueless fans think…

I've noticed you go by VisionMan but you don't seen to have any correct Vision, whether it's future or past tense. Why is that?

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I didn’t realize the coaching staff was in charge of FA spending decisions. Man, that Poles has a cushy job…gets paid and doesn’t have to work!

also, just because Nagy is gone, doesn’t mean we will be able to fairly judge the QB position now

To your last paragraph.. yeah, we can begin judging fields- we could last year.
His turnovers are unacceptable.

Beyond that, he is at best as big an unknown as a rookie.

I am not going to spend my time bagging on the guy, but my current feeling is that this current rebuild might wind up including another 1st round quarterback.

Until I see a qb click game after game without stupid mistakes, I give him the same odds as any other draft pick coming in to the league, and those odds are not good for franchise level guys.

Dude has a ton of mental improvement needed before he earns any sort of second contract, and there are about 34 games to undo the first season that wasn't near good enough.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
To your last paragraph.. yeah, we can begin judging fields- we could last year.
His turnovers are unacceptable.

Beyond that, he is at best as big an unknown as a rookie.

I am not going to spend my time bagging on the guy, but my current feeling is that this current rebuild might wind up including another 1st round quarterback.

Until I see a qb click game after game without stupid mistakes, I give him the same odds as any other draft pick coming in to the league, and those odds are not good for franchise level guys.

Dude has a ton of mental improvement needed before he earns any sort of second contract, and there are about 34 games to undo the first season that wasn't near good enough.
I agree with what you said. I believe between being a rookie and Nagy asking him to fit into Nagy's scheme instead of adjusting to what Fields does best made it a bad year. I'm not sold either way on Fields yet. But I don't believe anyone can do well with Nagy at the helm.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Because the blind don’t understand when someone shows them truth…
ahhh yes, like you picking and choosing when to pretend to have people on ignore so you can dodge questions and never have to respond to them when they call you out when you're wrong. You're one of the biggest truth denying tards this board has ever seen.

"Watson was never good" lmaaaoooo

jazzmcfunk

Liked Posts:
They’ve done the “hard” parts of closing the previous competitive window so they can rebuild - and found the “QB of the present” who has a good chance to also be the “QB of the future”. Cap looks great after this year as well, and they have almost all of their draft capital going forward. If you look at a rebuild as 2 parts - p1 tearing down the old and p2 build up new - the Bears have done a decent job at completing p1.
I agree, and am hopeful that the Part 2 goes well! It might take a couple years for us to make the playoffs, but I am excited to see where things go. It will be awesome if they do for those of us us have stuck it out. It will be an interesting few years to say the least.

Regardless, if they win or lose, I will still have to get up and go to work the next day. Haha

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
You start off the bat with this word salad of nothing. Your first point is usually your strongest, what you can fall back on when people try to poke holes in your argument and your starting point is not about the team--who you want to express optimism for, but the fans.

People aren't going to put their money into a shitty product. Simple as that. Call them fair weather all you want, it's not a positive about the team or even a "half full" situation. The team's been nosediving since 2018 and are a couple months fresh off a house cleaning staff/players wise. And its funny how some are surprised that others will find things to do on Sunday afternoons in fall that don't involve investing their time in a shitty product.

Not looking good.

Again, word salad of nothing. John Fox was a "rough and tough, character forging challenge and obstacles" guy who got rid of bad characters and guys whose hearts weren't "warriors for the team" like Alshon Jeffery. He gave very similar drivel to this.

How'd he do after 3 years? Hell I'll put Fox ahead of Flus even knowing he bombed as a HC here. He at least brought Vic Fangio. Flus is the defensive guru who won't call the defense.

LOL didn't we say the same things about Pace and Emery clearing out their predecessors?

Pace had young guys with potential. But a lot of things stay the same. Like drafting your plan for LT in the 5th round.

This is the "feel good" time post-draft and pre-season. "Potential" is all a bottom-feeding team has to cling onto. You don't know who sucks or not. We wont know until the pads are on and the players are playing. The smart fans are reserving judgement for seeing the guys on the field. Smart fans also know this team didn't have much talent on it to begin with when Poles took over, much of it is gone, and it hasn't can't be replaced instantly--which Poles things given his reservedness on the FA market.

The coaches haven't called a single play for this team? No shit, sherlock. We base our opinion on observing them calling plays for other teams which got them promotions. So did George, Sweaty Ted, and the board of directors when they did their research/made the decision to hire guys.

I don't share the same optimism you do. Not being a negative nancy, I hope Getsy is the man and makes chicken salad out of the heaping piles of chicken shit masquerading as offense--even if it means he's gone in a year because a good OC/lucky guy with the OC title on a good offense becomes someone else's head coach.

But Alan Williams? LOL. Look up this guy's resume calling plays for Minnesota and tell me with a straight face you're confident he'll make good decisions.

Gotta give you props for being half-full. At least you acknowledge we don't know.

But you haven't given us any positives or explanation (nor the visionless idiot) about how this team wins more than 4 games this fall? The fair weather fans you scoff at aren't playing the games.
You reply with 100% nothing. BlackRainbow has taught you well.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Yeah, better just to think they’re crap, even though everything so far speaks to the opposite…
I didn’t say to do that. I simply said to wait and see. Reading comprehension isn’t your thing, is it?!

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
”All the pieces are in place”. There is good reason to be optimistic. Draft picks, cap,space, new front office and coaching staff. Unfortunately, some of us have been here before and we have seen the organization screw things up time after time after time. We‘ve watched rebuild after rebuild.

Maybe this is the time that things work out. I am cautiously optimistic but I think this year is going to be really rough.