Positives about where we are

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
You reply with 100% nothing. BlackRainbow has taught you well.

I’ve adjusted expectations for this team for the next 2 years. I’ve seen a change of regime too much and another regression from this franchise to defense first, fuck the offense mentality but talk about how you want a good one/run the ball while ignoring the trenches. Over and over. It’s predictable to me at this point. Leave the fate of the guy who’s the reason you didn’t pick 7 overall a month and change ago in the hands of the worst OL in the Nfl last year that lost its best 2 blockers to Medicare and Pittsburgh and tell yourself a scheme change will help bad blockers somehow become competent.

You’re as blind as visionless. But hey, go nuts—feel great about a 5 win team as much as possible. I see a team that can fix the long-standing offensive problems with patience and a commitment to the least sexy thing—building the OL, but won’t.

Others look at a house that’s smoldering and on fire and are telling us be positive, it’s got a nice garden.

jazzmcfunk

Liked Posts:
I’ve adjusted expectations for this team for the next 2 years. I’ve seen a change of regime too much and another regression from this franchise to defense first, fuck the offense mentality but talk about how you want a good one/run the ball while ignoring the trenches. Over and over. It’s predictable to me at this point. Leave the fate of the guy who’s the reason you didn’t pick 7 overall a month and change ago in the hands of the worst OL in the Nfl last year that lost its best 2 blockers to Medicare and Pittsburgh and tell yourself a scheme change will help bad blockers somehow become competent.

You’re as blind as visionless. But hey, go nuts—feel great about a 5 win team as much as possible. I see a team that can fix the long-standing offensive problems with patience and a commitment to the least sexy thing—building the OL, but won’t.

Others look at a house that’s smoldering and on fire and are telling us be positive, it’s got a nice garden.

I absolutely agree the OL is the most important position for a football franchise. I will argue that until the end of days. Would I like to see a better OL? Yes, without hesitation. But frankly I would argue that even if we were 'ranked' top 5.

The point in the original post is that I have hope the team is going to start to turn things around, and for now I feel the positive vibes. I don't think next season is necessarily going to be playoff worthy, but I think that there has to be some level of patience with the new management and coaching staff. Coaches in football have the most impact than any other professional sport; we all know that. So a part of my positive thinking here is that maybe, just maybe, the team got it right this time. Why would anyone watch or even follow a team if they thought it was going to be a train wreck every week? I assume that most fans have some inkling of hope that we could win (Any Given Sunday, as one person put it). So until I have a solid reason to believe otherwise, I'm going be positive.

So yeah, maybe the house is a fixer-upper at this point, but smoldering and on fire will be a judgement I make during the season, just not yet.
I've been this way about the team every offseason for the last 23 years, so I guess I'm a creature of habit at this point.

@Zvbxrpl - Off topic, but I did want to comment on your avatar. Are you a fan of the show, or do you have another connection? I'm not a fan, but a few episodes have been filmed in my home town, as a couple of the actors are from here. Small world I guess.

Go Bears!

Probie2429

Liked Posts:

You claim the FO didn’t prioritize fixing OL, but they have only had one offseason to work. You said it yourself they will need patience and a commitment to building the OL. Where is there proof they haven’t done that? They were able to poach Patrick from the Packers and let’s be honest high quality OL FA are expensive (rarely live up to the contract they sign) and unlikely to want to play in Chicago when the FO has stated we are tearing it down. They have a bunch of young OL to develop which is unusual per franchise standards. Many late round OL flourish in NFL they just need time which goes back to the patience part. To me it seems the FO at least has a strategy for the OL unlike previous regimes.

PackerNation

Winning Is A Habit
Liked Posts:
They were able to poach Patrick from the Packers.
Didn't "poach" anything from the Packers. Lucas Patrick was mere OL depth that the Packers didn't want to keep and let go. He started at center last year only because starter Josh Myers got hurt early in the season. Lucas couldn't beat out two rookies for a starting job at C or G last year.

The Packers had great OL depth(It's even better now) and Lucas was expendable.

Of course Lucas is a superstar to Bears fans. That shows in the fact that part of the argument here is that the Bears did improve the OL because they signed a OL that wore Green and Gold at one time.

OneTeamOneNation

PackerNation!
5d71173ec4b8f.image_(1).jpg

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
honestly, the good part about this year to me is that the Bears still have all their draft picks. This means whether the season is good or bad, Bears can get an impact player. I don't expect the Bears to have a top 5 pick tho. If they do, it means Fields sucked and you might as well draft the next QB. If Fields stays healthy, I expect at least 7 wins from the Bears.

Bust

Liked Posts:
honestly, the good part about this year to me is that the Bears still have all their draft picks. This means whether the season is good or bad, Bears can get an impact player. I don't expect the Bears to have a top 5 pick tho. If they do, it means Fields sucked and you might as well draft the next QB. If Fields stays healthy, I expect at least 7 wins from the Bears.

Good points!

The nfl being the win now league. If justin fails the bears draft a project and go all in on Lamar Jackson. There only a handful of teams that will have the same cap room as the bears and can take on Jackson's 30+ million per season demands.

PackerNation

Winning Is A Habit
Liked Posts:
I expect at least 7 wins from the Bears.
Please name the "7" teams you "expect" the Bears to beat?

I know you will say the Lions twice...so, I guess name the 6 teams you will be beating. I only see one win from the Lions for the Bears, but not going to get into a who sucks worse between the Lions and Bears debate.

Just curious what 6 other teams you think the Bears are beating this season?

Edit: Since he won't answer, let's go thru the Bears schedule quick, just for shits 'n giggles.

It is a fairly easy schedule, even for the Bears.

San Fran: L
@Pack: L
Texans: W
@Giants-L
@Minny- L
Wash-W
@Pats-L
@Cowboys-L
Miami-L
Lions-W
@Atlanta-L
@Jets-W
Pack-L
Eagles-L
Bills-L
@Lions-W
Minny-L

I even gave the Bears 2 wins against Detroit, and still could only get to 5 wins. I also gave the Bears the win @ the Jets...I think that could very easily be a L. Wash same.

Last edited:

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Didn't "poach" anything from the Packers. Lucas Patrick was mere OL depth that the Packers didn't want to keep and let go. He started at center last year only because starter Josh Myers got hurt early in the season. Lucas couldn't beat out two rookies for a starting job at C or G last year.

The Packers had great OL depth(It's even better now) and Lucas was expendable.

Of course Lucas is a superstar to Bears fans. That shows in the fact that part of the argument here is that the Bears did improve the OL because they signed a OL that wore Green and Gold at one time.

OneTeamOneNation

PackerNation!
View attachment 20471
Packers would have kept Patrick if it weren’t for the cap problems they found themselves at the beginning of FA resigning Rodgers and tagging Adams.

PackerNation

Winning Is A Habit
Liked Posts:
Packers would have kept Patrick if it weren’t for the cap problems they found themselves at the beginning of FA resigning Rodgers and tagging Adams.
I'm glad you think you are the spokesman for Brian Gutekunst, and what the "Packers would have" done. Trust me when I tell you that I have more knowledge about the actual facts of the situation than you do. Thanks for trying though.

Had nothing to do with money, I know you want it not to be true, but Lucas Patrick never was a top 5 OL for the Packers. He was a UDFA who blossomed into being a part of quality depth in the OL room for the Packers. The games he did start at center or guard were because the starter was injured.

Lucas is a great dude, and is indeed a top 5 OL for the Bears. It doesn't mean he sucks to say he was merely depth when with the Pack. Every single player on the Packers OL depth chart could be a starter in Chicago.

brundleflyguy

Liked Posts:
You're right about the draft picks, but if the Bears do badly, doesn't tell you much about Fields (unless he spectacularly implodes) because they didn't fix the OL or WR core, and the TEs are iffy. The offense right now is Fields (who is basically a rookie in a new system) and two decent RBs.

Let's says they get a top 5 pick. Do you dump Fields and get another QB to stick behind a bad OL, or do you focus on the OL (which they should have done this year).

I think the Bears' greatest weakness is their scouting - they can find good defensive players most of the time, but they either ignore offense (especially o-line) and when they do take a shot, they make a terrible choice. I'm not sure what else it can be.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

This is simply not a well constructed roster. Mainly because of what Pace left and also the scheme changes don't fit some of the personnel. Talent-wise, this is a bottom 5 roster. This is looking to be a loooong year-- but at least it's considerably younger than year's past and we can watch actual player development

PackerNation

Winning Is A Habit
Liked Posts:
I doubt the Bears beat the Lions twice.
I agree, but that still means the person above would have to name six teams the Bears could beat to get to the "at least 7 wins" that they were claiming.

I do think the Bears will beat the Lions once. I was generous & gave the Bears 2 wins against the Lions, and still only came up with 5 wins for the Bears.

Point is, most would agree that the Bears winning "at least 7 games" is a bit of a pipe dream.

Beating the Jets and Wash is far from a guarantee either. Even the Texans game I would want at least 6 points to put money on the Bears.?

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
I agree, but that still means the person above would have to name six teams the Bears could beat to get to the "at least 7 wins" that they were claiming.

I do think the Bears will beat the Lions once. I was generous & gave the Bears 2 wins against the Lions, and still only came up with 5 wins for the Bears.

Point is, most would agree that the Bears winning "at least 7 games" is a bit of a pipe dream.

Beating the Jets and Wash is far from a guarantee either. Even the Texans game I would want at least 6 points to put money on the Bears.?
Thanks for the (worthless) input.

PackerNation

Winning Is A Habit
Liked Posts:
Not butthurt at all. Just expecting you to do better.
Perhaps tell your cohort to "do better" than going around claiming the Bears are going to win at least 7 games.

That way you wouldn't have to get triggered by me correctly stating that it is a bit of a pipe dream.

Have a nice day...

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:

What about NYG?

Dolphins, Falcons?

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
Perhaps tell your cohort to "do better" than going around claiming the Bears are going to win at least 7 games.

That way you wouldn't have to get triggered by me correctly stating that it is a bit of a pipe dream.

Have a nice day...
Once again, not triggered. Just do better.

Dr. Van Nostrand

B Horror Movie Enthusiast
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Charlotte Hornets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Liberty Flames
  2. North Carolina Tar Heels
Basically every media outlet or source I have read and/or looked at expects us to be total shit this upcoming season unless Fields becomes the Second Coming of Christ(Then may win 5 games even then lol). I think a lot are underrating us tbh. Will we challenge for the division? Probably not at the end of the day, but I don't foresee those pricks from GB or the Vikings exactly walking over us either.

Our D is going to be solid and yes Fields needs to up his game and quiet his naysayers. We are rebuiding no doubt, but I see the positives in the sense of how we are doing that. Never easy being a Bears fan and I expect this season to be no different. But hey hopefully at least at some points in the season it will be fun.