Post Your Cooking/Food Tips Here

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cheezy tip, but since we don't have kids I'm usually just cooking for me and my wife.
When making "Cream of" soups, instead of going through the whole flour, butter, saute' routine, I've been using a couple cans of Cream of (Celery, Onion, Mushroom..) soup to make a smaller amounts. I add milk, nutmeg, onion and garlic powder, cheese and whatever veggie (Broccoli, Spinach...).

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Whose got the best Wing recipe that doesn't require a fryer?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whose got the best Wing recipe that doesn't require a fryer?

Pretty simple, either bake them or grill them. You are just looking to get the skin crispy without frying. Are you talking sauce wise? I mean there are a couple different ways to get it crispy from dredging it in some oil and a little flour and cornstarch. You can just leave them naked and try to get a crispy skin.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Pretty simple, either bake them or grill them. You are just looking to get the skin crispy without frying. Are you talking sauce wise? I mean there are a couple different ways to get it crispy from dredging it in some oil and a little flour and cornstarch. You can just leave them naked and try to get a crispy skin.

I usually put flour and oil on them with salt/pepper. Once floured, I'll leave them in the fridge for a while to let the flour dry up then I toss them with buffalo sauce. Bake at 400 for 30 minutes, take them out and sauce them bitches up some more and repeat while saucing them up a few times. My sauce is usually just Buffalo sauce and I melt some butter too. I was just curious if anyone did it another way. Seems like there is some real Bobby Flays on this board.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looking for different ways to do boneless skinless chicken breasts. Need to try and break the boredom.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube_share;NfG67EpUs_w]https://youtu.be/NfG67EpUs_w[/video]

I was dying and then he goes for the garnish. LMFAO

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Looking for different ways to do boneless skinless chicken breasts. Need to try and break the boredom.

We'll make chicken in the oven, shred, and place in the fridge.
When needed we will place a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan, add some chicken and about half way thru add in homemade pico de gallo. Eat on a bed of rice or with tortillas.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
We'll make chicken in the oven, shred, and place in the fridge.
When needed we will place a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan, add some chicken and about half way thru add in homemade pico de gallo. Eat on a bed of ice or with tortillas.

I love a good bed of ice. :hawked:

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Some simple simple stuff, you can bake it. Salt, pepper, and italian seasoning on the chicken. Bake till about half way. Add basil leaf, tomato, and mozz on top. Drizzle a little EVOO and Balsamic over it for a caprese chicken.

You can beat it flat. Give it a thin layer of flour. Pan sear top half hard. Pull chicken when golden brown. Add some onions and garlic. Sautee it down add some flour for roux and chicken stock until thickened. Add chicken back in and let smother. Nice over a pilaf where its not so heavy. Keep the calories down by not breading.

Doing different marinades like Thai chili and things like that can give different flavors where you wont tire. Chicken can do almost anything you want. Be creative.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't let your wife go on vacation for 2 weeks.....

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Doing pecan crusted pork chops topped with a creole mustard demi.

DC

Donator
Liked Posts:
I made rice krispie treats today. But, for a twist, I added some dark chocolate, ground flax seed, and unsalted slivered almonds to the marshmallow and butter while it melted. Great googly moogly it was awesome!

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I made rice krispie treats today. But, for a twist, I added some dark chocolate, ground flax seed, and unsalted slivered almonds to the marshmallow and butter while it melted. Great googly moogly it was awesome!

My mother will always make the greatest rice krispie treats to me. Her ratio of marshmallow to margerine is perfect.

DC

Donator
Liked Posts:
A throwback food for sure.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My mother will always make the greatest rice krispie treats to me. Her ratio of marshmallow to margerine is perfect.

Speaking of Rice Krispie Treats, my wife discovered the secret to those. Vegan marshmallows. They will cost double, but so worth the extra two dollars. Without all that gelatin...the cereal stays significantly crispier. It has a satisfying crunch instead of being overly chewy, but still moist enough to melt in your mouth. I have found this brand pretty easily at most major grocery chains...and their mascot is pretty dope.

product-vanilla.png

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Speaking of Rice Krispie Treats, my wife discovered the secret to those. Vegan marshmallows. They will cost double, but so worth the extra two dollars. Without all that gelatin...the cereal stays significantly crispier. It has a satisfying crunch instead of being overly chewy, but still moist enough to melt in your mouth. I have found this brand pretty easily at most major grocery chains...and their mascot is pretty dope.

product-vanilla.png

It must suck being vegan. Everything you eat has to be inspected before hand. Can't go to almost any restaurant either.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls

product-vanilla.png

I rarely eat marshmallows, but when I do, they are the real deal. So much better. And the real deal is vegan friendly non-gmo etc, because there really is no reason to put pesticides/herbicides on marshmallow plants and bone gelatin does nothing.

On your suggestion, I'll try these Dandies sometime.
We should call these things by what they are, and not make a commercial substitute take over the original name. IDGAF what anyone says, but a marshmallow in confectionary context, is made up of marshmallow root(who woulda thunk?) and sugar with a few minor ingredients added to keep consistency. The rest is just fluff.

And BTW, Rice Krispie Treats with home-made marshmallows. That's like a whole 'nother level. Margarine? GTFO. Kerrys Gold and virgin coconut oil.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I rarely eat marshmallows, but when I do, they are the real deal.

Word.

I always hated marshmallows growing up, but got to try my first "real" marshmallow in my late twenties and was impressed.

(hand whipped and everything)

Nothing in a bag will compare to that experience, but these are better than anything else you can buy in at a chain grocery store. Perfect for making your own Marshmallow Fluff at home without having to do all the extensive root work.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I have found this brand pretty easily at most major grocery chains...and their mascot is pretty dope.
product-vanilla.png

That mascot is a class act. Fun fact he used to be known as 'The Southern Dandy'.