Predict Bears Record in 2024

DaBears3434

Liked Posts:
Alright, if you need something to pass the time for the next seven hours, and you're sick of mock drafts, predict the Bears record for the upcoming season. Feel free to go game by game, but since we don't have the exact schedule yet, it might be easier to predict how many wins from each of the following three groups:

Group 1 (6 divisional games): Lions, at Lions, Vikings, at Vikings, Packers, at Packers
Group 2 (6 non-divisional home games): Rams, Seahawks, Jaguars, Titans, Panthers, Patriots
Group 3 (5 non-divisional road games): Cardinals, 49ers, Texans, Colts, Commanders

I'll say 3 wins from Group 1, 4 wins from Group 2, and 2 wins from Group 3.

9-8 record, and a Wild Card spot.

Last edited:

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That is about right with the so many unknowns.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Upgrading the qb position alone generally nets at least 3 wins. Poles is doing more than that.
11-6

DaBears3434

Liked Posts:
10-7. Last year's team was a couple eyelashes away from 9-8 and this one is significantly better. I know it's not that simple but that feels about right.
This is actually what I was thinking at first, but I decided to go a little more conservative.

Bust

Liked Posts:
10-7. Last year's team was a couple eyelashes away from 9-8 and this one is significantly better. I know it's not that simple but that feels about right.

Defense carried. Can they get same ball bounces (doubtful)? Will the offense help out and win some shoot outs when the D doesn't have it?hmmmmmmmmm

86.4 Rushing yards allowed per game​

The Bears boasted the No. 1 rushing defense in the league in 2023, allowing a total of just 1,468 yards. The unit also ranked second in rushing touchdowns allowed (8) – the second fewest in the NFL – and fourth in yards per carry (3.8).

22 Interceptions by defense

The Bears tied San Francisco for a league-high in interceptions this season and tied for fifth in total takeaways with 28.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Defense carried. Can they get same ball bounces (doubtful)?

Holy Moly Guacamole! Speaking of ball bounces!

The 2024 team is going to need a guy or 2 to have a career season like one year wonder Kyle Fuller. He came out of nowhere to have his best season as a pro in 2018 which helped that team get to 12 wins. Who will that unknown be to step up this year on either side of the ball? hmmmm

CCS shits on the Bears personnel moves (rightly so) but here is another ex-bear, just 2 more seasons post chicago and out of the league, Got benched when he reunited with Fangio's Broncos, and played 1 game for the ravens and see ya! WOW!

Not much is being said about Fangio's defenses post bears either. WONDER WHY?????

alswank87

Liked Posts:
20-0. Caleb Williams won’t lose until year three when he gets injured.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
stats say defense carried like a mofo tho
...and the defense will arguably get better, especially if we add a high pick on the defensive line.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
16-1 seems reasonable.

:cool:

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Offseason isnt over yet and we dont know scheduling but the team as-is looks like it would need like perfect health at DL to get 9-10 wins, and im going to assume that doesnt happen so my guess is 8 wins. DE is 1 injury away from being worse than pre-Sweat trade last year, and DT might actually be worse than last year - if Billings and/or Dexter miss time it becomes a non-NFL level position group. I am of the popular belief that DL is one of the most important parts of a Defense so having it be both underwhelming and razor thin makes me think this is the weak link in the chain that if broken will fuck this team out of dominating an otherwise easy schedule. Hopefully there are more acquisitions there through the draft and/or preseason cuts.