Liked Posts:
Lions
@Eagles
49ers
@Bengals
@Lions
Browns
@Vikings
Out of the remaining games when do you think we'll see Trubisky put together a full game of looking like a competent NFL QB?

smilebit

Liked Posts:
I thought he had an ok game yesterday, took to many sacks but he had 1TD, 297 passing yards, 0 turnovers. If you're expecting him to have a 350+ passing day and 4 TD's, it's not going to happen with Fox at the helm

Toast88

Liked Posts:
His first game was absolutely good, by NFL debut standards.

His game Sunday was probably his best yet. Did you see how he handled guys in his face and kept his eyes downfield. Resulted in some good first down passes and escapes from pressure. Sure, he had a few sacks, but who gives a shit.

Trubisky should absolutely strive to continue to get better, but it’s clear that if this coaching staff would do ANYTHING to tailor the offense to him, like other rookie QBs’ teams do, he’d have even better games than the one he had Sunday.

A crossing pattern worked?? Pull it out of the playbook!
A screen pass worked?? Pull it out of the playbook!
Tarik Cohen is one of our best receivers?? Keep him out of the game!

I honestly don’t know what the coaches would do differently if they were trying to halt his growth.

In any case, ask the QBs in this league if they’d take 300 yards, a TD and no interceptions. Would anyone say no?

koniu77

Liked Posts:
Out of the remaining games when do you think we'll see Trubisky put together a full game of looking like a competent NFL QB?
When this coaching staff gets jettisoned.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He han’t had bad ones. I’ll settle.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sunday was a good day for him in the ridiculous offensive scheme and players set....

60% completion percentage......a picture perfect bomb....a few dropped passes and no INTs........297 yards passing..........

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Now he doesn't look like a competent NFL QB... This fan base is astonishing.

He's a very inexperienced (college included) rookie with a current coaching staff trying to run the most vanilla and predictable offense in the last decade. He has limited weapons... and he just threw for 300 yards and a TD with no picks. Just made a #4 WR from another team look good with 2 weeks to learn the playbook and built raport.

The offensive line has been mediocre at best. The run game went nowhere yesterday.

We can't even be happy with the growth he showed despite the hindrances he is being bound to.

:enough:

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
I mean, he looks pretty competent for a bears quarterback. I'm not sure we will see many games where we can circle a handful of plays.

He may not look like a great quarterback until next year with new weapons and play calling, hopefully a healthy line(300+ Yards, 3+ TD's).

The offense is just not built for it.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
He played pretty damn well yesterday. If Inman catches the ball on the last drive, Trubisky is over 300 yards and looking at chance to lead a game tying drive. He was a yard from two TD passes and the one he threw was a beauty in bad weather. He's getting better. Keep in mind, Inman looks like the best receiver on the team and he was the Chargers number 4. He protected the football too. Some of this discourse is just painful.

JordanHoward24

Liked Posts:
Last Sunday he did, not sure what qualifies as a good game to you. he hasn't had an absolutely awful game yet, so that's good.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Now he doesn't look like a competent NFL QB...
Whoa wait what? I never said this. Please try to stay on topic.
I did stay on topic?

If you meant he can't string a whole game together, then that's a different story. Not how I took the bolded statement above.

He's a rookie, he's going to go up and down, and I mentioned some of my thoughts on his hindrances in my original post.

He's a very inexperienced (college included) rookie with a current coaching staff trying to run the most vanilla and predictable offense in the last decade. He has limited weapons... and he just threw for 300 yards and a TD with no picks. Just made a #4 WR from another team look good with 2 weeks to learn the playbook and built raport.

The offensive line has been mediocre at best. The run game went nowhere yesterday.

We can't even be happy with the growth he showed despite the hindrances he is being bound to..

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
When I sit down and think about it, its pretty amazing what he has done so far to date. He has very little to work with. The play calling is extremely limited. He is inexperienced himself. Every defense he faces throws exotic blitzes at him to confuse him. He plays against a stacked box all the time. The OL is performing average at best.

This experience he is getting is invaluable for his development even though it can be frustrating to watch at times.