Predict when Trubisky will have his first good game

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But when will Trubisky become Aaron Rodgers? Like when does that happen doe? If he's not Aaron Rodgers before the end of the season, then he's a bust right?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
But when will Trubisky become Aaron Rodgers? Like when does that happen doe? If he's not Aaron Rodgers before the end of the season, then he's a bust right?

you already have people alarmed by the fact he isn't doing everything perfect......its like people in Chicago have never seen a high draft pick young QB develop........

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
300 yards and should have been 2tds isn't bad. He will clean up the sacks and poor decisions with the ball next season.

Midway Monsters

Liked Posts:
Trubisky was fine. He made some rookie mistakes and didn't get much help from Fox/Loggains with the play calling and too much run-run-pass. He needs some quick reads and screens on early downs so he can actually get into a rhythm. For the most part he was pretty accurate with the ball and no turnovers. What more can you ask for from a rookie making his fifth start? He will learn from his mistakes and will improve with better talent around him and a better scheme. It's not fair to judge him until he actually has a full offseason as the starter.

[video=youtube;FdG4075M4Fg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdG4075M4Fg&t=8s[/video]

Jawbreaker

Liked Posts:
I thought he had a decent game.... is showing some signs of improvement.... but I must admit, I am getting a little concerned about his lack of MAGIC.... not seeing the signs of him being a true leader and winner.

Some QB's just have that magic.... they are WINNERS and they make the impossible, possible.

Not seeing that out of Trubs right now. Hopefully he can turn some type of corner and start showing that soon.

smilebit

Liked Posts:
I thought he had a decent game.... is showing some signs of improvement.... but I must admit, I am getting a little concerned about his lack of MAGIC.... not seeing the signs of him being a true leader and winner.

Some QB's just have that magic.... they are WINNERS and they make the impossible, possible.

Not seeing that out of Trubs right now. Hopefully he can turn some type of corner and start showing that soon.

You're not seeing it because when they do get a big play they don't keep attacking, it goes right back to the run. It's like watching 2 people fight over the play calling. I would honestly be ok with Loggains calling the plays the rest of the season meaning that he or Fangio would be HC, I wouldn't mind Loggains over Fangio for the HC spot, either way I don't think they'd step in each other's toes. Release the Fox and unleash the Biscuit. At this point it doesn't matter, we're not going to make the playoffs so might as well go out and push Trubs as much as you can.

Midway Monsters

Liked Posts:

I know what you're saying, it's that clutch gene, and right now he doesn't have it but he can acquire that. Aaron Rodgers was not very clutch his first season either. Will he be a Brady or Rodgers? Who knows, but I think he has the tools to be elite. This offseason is going to be crucial because they need to acquire talent and possibly an entirely new coaching staff.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is amazing how the Bears fan base has such a lack of understanding with the QB position. And no patience, either.

Bad and overly conservative coaching, the worst WR corps in the league, and a recently mediocre and banged up o-line doesn’t offer many opportunities.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Disclaimer: I like Mitch. I do not think he has played a good game yet though.

Hopefully soon

I guess it depends on your standards. When is he going to have a Tom Brady game? Probably 2018. I feel like he's had a few good games already. And best of all, no BAD games.

I think most rational people see that he has a chance to be special. He just needs what all QBs need... an environment to thrive in. That's not happening with this organization this year. I think Pace knows that. John Fox is as good as gone. I'm assuming his focus will be bringing in a staff to turn Trubisky into a star, and surrounding him with a line and receivers to help that process along.

People need to understand that we drafted a seedling, not a fucking oak tree. Honestly, we did the same when we brought Cutler in. And we failed miserably there. So let's not make that mistake again. Get rid of Fox, bring in offense-minded coaches, and get the kid some receivers and new linemen.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

And yet another poster who thinks David Blaine is the poster boy for QBs. Go read David Copperfeild, then get back to me.

Mitchapalooza

magician-showing-trick-with-playing-cards.jpg

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
The guy has literally had a total of 18 competitive games in his career and people are whining about great games. You all need to shut up. He hasn't had a disastrous game like Glennon or Cutler or Clausen. Almost all his games have been decent, game-managing type performances which is what is being forced on him by the coaches. And he's come through many times already with clutch passes when called for. He has shown a steady improvement game to game.

WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU GUYS WANT?!? For him to turn into Tom Brady after 5 games?

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
Trubisky has been improving week by week with very little to work with around him (coaches included), so I'm not going to complain there.

That being said, he did make some bad decisions yesterday with taking the sack and not throwing the ball away. It's good that he's not forcing anything, but those 2nd/3rd and 15s can really mess up a drive. I think this issue will go away after he gets some more experience though.

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Sunday was a good day for him in the ridiculous offensive scheme and players set....

60% completion percentage......a picture perfect bomb....a few dropped passes and no INTs........297 yards passing..........

He has a lot to learn, but that was a good day for MT and the biggest reason why I'm not all that mad about yesterday's loss.

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
Trubisky has been improving week by week with very little to work with around him (coaches included), so I'm not going to complain there.

That being said, he did make some bad decisions yesterday with taking the sack and not throwing the ball away. It's good that he's not forcing anything, but those 2nd/3rd and 15s can really mess up a drive. I think this issue will go away after he gets some more experience though.

I think Fox has gotten into his head. It seems to me like Trub is so afraid to turn the ball over that he'd readily crawl into a ball and protect the ball than risk throwing it away and possibly turning into a sack-fumble.

But I do see improvement in the speed of his decision-making. In that last game, he threw several darts in the middle of the field.

The thing that excites me is what we're seeing now is the floor for Trubisky. He can't possibly get worse than this. He's got a suspect Oline (bad snaps, revolving guards, penalties, etc.), no wide receivers/TEs, no game experience, poor coaches, and yet he's not throwing 50 yards per game with 0 TDs, 4 INTs, and 2 fumbles. And that's after facing some of the best defenses in the league.

Some people on here want to be so right about the Watson call that they'd cheer for any instance of Trubisky failing. This is what this is really about.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Out of the remaining games when do you think we'll see Trubisky put together a full game of looking like a competent NFL QB?

Next year when Fox/Loggains are gone. Honestly, this looks like a clear Goff situation to me. Conservative coach holding back the QB. At least Trubisky has shown off some talent. Goff looked like absolute shit last year. Trubisky isn't going to do shit until they stop trying to hide him and put him in predictable situations.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love this place. Idea for next thread: Adriana Lima is the world's ugliest woman.

I googled her name, looked at her picture carefully, and I will have to disagree with you.