Predict when Trubisky will have his first good game

DanTown

Liked Posts:
It's one thing if Mitch is just a solid quarterback and you spent the #2 or #3 pick in a draft on him. That's fine, I would quibble with that type of belief in his game. But this is the NFL so when evaluating a draft pick, it matters if you trade up to get them. And the Bears traded two thirds + a fourth to get him. And then everyone says "well but the team has bad receivers so of course Mitch doesn't look good". But when you trade those three picks and you have the WR depth you have, you know you're going to be resigned to that fate. The reason you traded up is you said "he doesn't need those receivers, he'll be fine without them".

But I'll say this: he has no idea how to use this legs and athletic ability to create passing windows for himself and that's a requirement for any QB to succeed in this league. I don't know how you can argue the trade has been worth it or that Mitch has shown any sort of real progression. But a lot of that is maybe on Pace and the coaching staff and not so much Mitch because it's not Mitch's fault the Bears mortgaged a ton of help for him.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
It's one thing if Mitch is just a solid quarterback and you spent the #2 or #3 pick in a draft on him. That's fine, I would quibble with that type of belief in his game. But this is the NFL so when evaluating a draft pick, it matters if you trade up to get them. And the Bears traded two thirds + a fourth to get him. And then everyone says "well but the team has bad receivers so of course Mitch doesn't look good". But when you trade those three picks and you have the WR depth you have, you know you're going to be resigned to that fate. The reason you traded up is you said "he doesn't need those receivers, he'll be fine without them".

But I'll say this: he has no idea how to use this legs and athletic ability to create passing windows for himself and that's a requirement for any QB to succeed in this league. I don't know how you can argue the trade has been worth it or that Mitch has shown any sort of real progression. But a lot of that is maybe on Pace and the coaching staff and not so much Mitch because it's not Mitch's fault the Bears mortgaged a ton of help for him.

In hind sight you can't argue the trade was worth it. As I said before the draft we could've sat at 3 and taken whoever was there and been OK. But the key there is hind sight, nobody has perfect foresight.
In hind sight we really needed WRs because of injury. Again nobody has perfect foresight to know our WRs would be decimated before the season started.

Progression to what you expect doesn't necessarily in the rookie year, it doesn't necessarily happen by the third year. He has progressed, but for all we know we wasted the time before he hit the rookie wall on run run pass and now he's going to look really bad for the rest of the season. It would all have nothing to do with how his career would turn out.

Why don't you educate us on how he could use his legs to create passing lanes. I hope it includes kicking the Oline in the ass.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
wTdX82u.png

Someone here should make that his or her avatar.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Umm last time I checked our starting WRs were decimated with the injury bug and best TE is gone..he had to play with Gentry for crying out loud.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Instant gratification crowd. ADHD generation.

Reactions: Myk

Rise

Liked Posts:
The fleeced bowl is next. This game will tell a lot about Trubisky's character.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
A huge issue for Trubisky in the pocket is the interior pressure he is getting. Watch the laser to Inman. He was able to step into his throw and threw a beautiful ball.

He has not been able to do that, and has been unable to escape a pocket collapsing from the outside because there hasn't been anywhere to go.

As much as he is making the line look worse by holding the ball too long, he is also making them look better by throwing the ball away a shit ton.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The fleeced bowl is next. This game will tell a lot about Trubisky's character.

Ww will lose..they have been competitive in several games. Jimmy G should start too. Its ok though..we will get to see a Fox led team again. Sad that they wont fire him and let Fangio have a December run

DanTown

Liked Posts:
Umm last time I checked our starting WRs were decimated with the injury bug and best TE is gone..he had to play with Gentry for crying out loud.

None of what I really like or don't like from a guy like Mitch has to do with having elite or even good WR to throw to. I'm not saying he's not producing yards and TDs so he sucks. I think the problems he has are not personnel dependent issues.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
This is his third or fourth good game

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The funniest thing about all you geniuses that jump down his throat every time he makes a mistake...

He's here for the long-haul. You better hope like hell that Pace brings in a good staff next year. Because you're stuck with Trubisky for years to come.

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
The funniest thing about all you geniuses that jump down his throat every time he makes a mistake...

He's here for the long-haul. You better hope like hell that Pace brings in a good staff next year. Because you're stuck with Trubisky for years to come.
You are too, several. You are too....

Wildest5

Liked Posts:
A lot was put on trubiskys shoulders today. He made some mistakes and the pick in the red zone hurt the most but the bears weren’t a playoff team this year anyways so hopefully the kid learns from it

Monster

Liked Posts:
Week one 2018... then never look back.
Will be the greatest Bear QB when he’s done.
Which isn’t that high a goal really.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
We knew a 3-4 INT game was coming. He’s a rookie. Surprised it took this long.