Pro Football Weekley Ranks the HC Jobs

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Ridiculous reasoning imo. The fact that this is the 4th place team in the division and the bar is so low can easily be seen as a positive for a new HC than a negative. The Detroit Lions ranked number 1? That team won 9 games this season. any HC coming into that situation is going to be forced to meet an already high bar.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ridiculous reasoning imo. The fact that this is the 4th place team in the division and the bar is so low can easily be seen as a positive for a new HC than a negative. The Detroit Lions ranked number 1? That team won 9 games this season. any HC coming into that situation is going to be forced to meet an already high bar.

Yeah but the Lions have Matt Stafford.... I mean what more can you ask for than ole sidearm.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers

Especially when BOTH of their coordinators were interviewing for HC positions just a year ago. I mean, if the players were that good, then why did the team suck so bad? I bet Jim Bob Cooter stays as the HC. Keep suckin Lions.

BearbaFett

Liked Posts:
sure, 5 out of 6 but that picture of pace makes him look super dreamy imo

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Love how they rank the Lions #1, and one of the key reasons is descried as "Stafford won't be 30 till next month.".

LOFL at how they twist word.

Anyone else would see his age as a negative and note that Stafford will be turning 30 in a month.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Agreed about the Lions. Any coach going there knows it's a deep playoff run or bust. Bears win 9 next season and we might extend the HC 5 more years. :)

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
Not sure why the Oakland job is ranked higher. Carr probably is Jay Cutler 9 years ago. He is what he is. Decent, but not a guy you can win a SB with. But his contract dictates you have to "deal with him".

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Love how thy rank the Lions #1, and one of the key reasons is descried as "Stafford won't be 30 till next month.".

LOFL at how they twist word.

Anyone else would see his age as a negative and note that Stafford will be turning 30 in a month.

Aaron Rodgers...........34
Drew Brees...............38
Tom Brady................40
Ben Roethlisberger.....35
Matt Ryan..................32

Sure there are negatives about the Lions, but Staffords age is not one of them.

smilebit

Liked Posts:
He contradicts himself a lot in the article with his reasoning in the beginning to when he's elaborating his reasons as to why for each team.

The raiders should be last on his list. The teams moving so how's the fan base actually going to be in Vegas. Carr despite one good season is still unknown. The biggest reason of all is that if your name isn't John Gruden, you know the owner is settling for you as a coach. That to me would be the worst job to take as a HC

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have always bee curious as to what budget the teams have for all the assistant coaches, is there anywhere to look at this? Be curious to see where each team ranks.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Aaron Rodgers...........34
Drew Brees...............38
Tom Brady................40
Ben Roethlisberger.....35
Matt Ryan..................32

Sure there are negatives about the Lions, but Staffords age is not one of them.

I love how you put all the elite QB's age when Stafford isn't remotely close to any of them talent wise.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I bet coaching hopefuls feel very different. Bears job is no.1 young and full of money with little expatiations.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He contradicts himself a lot in the article with his reasoning in the beginning to when he's elaborating his reasons as to why for each team.

The raiders should be last on his list. The teams moving so how's the fan base actually going to be in Vegas. Carr despite one good season is still unknown. The biggest reason of all is that if your name isn't John Gruden, you know the owner is settling for you as a coach. That to me would be the worst job to take as a HC

You see the Raiders moving to Vegas as a negative? I see it as a hug + (when comparing it Oakland).

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love how you put all the elite QB's age when Stafford isn't remotely close to any of them talent wise.

Stafford rated in the top 5-6 or every major statistical category this year. Was not number one in any of them, but was the only QB that was top 5-6 in every one. If he is not a top 5 QB moving forward, he is awfully dam close.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
you would think the Bears solid defense would have them higher, get everybody back healthy, have a good draft and get some guru to spike the offense instant 8 game or more winner, you can only look good