Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Those rankings are all about QBs. Everything else is just dressing.
I am willing to bet candidates are weighing other things more heavily than those rankings give credit.
Like how much power will they be allowed.
Are the owners/CEOs hands off or fingers in every pie.
GM situations.
And some candidates would take anything just to be a HC.

And Payton Manning would still be without a ring without a monsoon and Denver's awesome D. Winning is a about lot more than QBs. We do need a plan to develop Trubs but losing sight of the bigger picture would be a huge mistake.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
No shit. Its even more of a joke because isn't that Del Rio's first losing season with the Raiders? I felt bad he was fired when it was his childhood team and his dream job. He bled Raider silver and black. But he gets to rub millions in that pain and wipe away the tears with hunnits.
All the way to the bank....

cry-crying-Dumb-and-Dumber-emotional-feels-Jeff-Daniels-jim-carrey-money-rich-tears-GIF.gif

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Especially when BOTH of their coordinators were interviewing for HC positions just a year ago. I mean, if the players were that good, then why did the team suck so bad? I bet Jim Bob Cooter stays as the HC. Keep suckin Lions.

From where I sit I think the ole Cooter would stink up DeTwat worse than it already is.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Aaron Rodgers...........34
Drew Brees...............38
Tom Brady................40
Ben Roethlisberger.....35
Matt Ryan..................32

Sure there are negatives about the Lions, but Staffords age is not one of them.

It sure as fuck isn't a positive, as he has spun it.

Try again.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It sure as fuck isn't a positive, as he has spun it.

Try again.

So a QB, in his prime, isn't a positive? For the record, I only stated his age wasn't a factor, plus or minus. But, if I had to pick one or the other, I would lean positive. Having a QB for 4-7+ years in his prime isn't a bad thing, provided you like that QB.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
So a QB, in his prime, isn't a positive? For the record, I only stated his age wasn't a factor, plus or minus. But, if I had to pick one or the other, I would lean positive. Having a QB for 4-7+ years in his prime isn't a bad thing, provided you like that QB.

LOL "in his prime"..

LOFL

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL "in his prime"..

LOFL

Are you high? Take a look around the league. Franchise level quarterbacks are playing longer and longer the more and more these NFL rules keep protecting them. I may not have the same confidence in Stafford nc0gnet0 has but there is no doubt he's in his prime.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Are you high? Take a look around the league. Franchise level quarterbacks are playing longer and longer the more and more these NFL rules keep protecting them. I may not have the same confidence in Stafford nc0gnet0 has but there is no doubt he's in his prime.

In all fairness I did say "provided you like the QB". I guess QB's are on a downhill slope now, once they hit 30(according to Mongo). So, how many QB's past the age of 30 are in the post season this year? ;)

Brady-40
Brees-39
Big Ben-35
Rodgers-34
Alex Smith-33
Ryan-32
Stafford 29
Keenum-29
Wilson-29
Taylor-28
Newton-28
Foles-28
Luck-28
Goff 23
Mariotta 24
Bortles-24

cobra302

Liked Posts:
Am surprised the Bears aren't ranked 6th. The writer hits the nail on the head: Bears' management is a train wreck & that spills over onto the field. Look for them to hire another on the job training head coach. Followed by several more seasons of futility, followed by the hire of another under qualified HC. Throw in several more bad draft picks and there you have it...

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The Lions gig is probably a desirable job. Maybe whoever they hire should think about adding a running game to that offense.

It's like they lose Barry Sanders, and to honor their favorite Lion of all-time they've vowed to never run the ball again. Balanced attack, motherfuckers. You want to actually win in this league if you're not the Patriots? Balanced attack...

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Lions gig is probably a desirable job. Maybe whoever they hire should think about adding a running game to that offense.

It's like they lose Barry Sanders, and to honor their favorite Lion of all-time they've vowed to never run the ball again. Balanced attack, motherfuckers. You want to actually win in this league if you're not the Patriots? Balanced attack...

You will get no arguments from me, but actually James Stewart was a really good RB, Reggie Bush ok. But yeah, what you said. Lions O-line was a trian wreck this year, I think I saw that the five starters only amassed 11 snaps together as a group due to injuries. They need a right guard, and a legit running back, and hope the line stays healthy and the Offense is set. There biggest needs are on Defense, they face a similar situation with Ansah as the Bears do Fuller, need to replace Haloti Ngata, and pick up a linebacker to go with their youth. I wouldn't be surprised if they take a flyer on Freeman.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
Outside of Schurmer it seems the Lions are looking at complete opposite list(more defensive minded) than the Bears are..so that is good.

It makes sense for the Lions, Stafford can probably be put on auto-pilot the rest of the way, they really could benefit from a nasty/mashing defense.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Outside of Schurmer it seems the Lions are looking at complete opposite list(more defensive minded) than the Bears are..so that is good.

It makes sense for the Lions, Stafford can probably be put on auto-pilot the rest of the way, they really could benefit from a nasty/mashing defense.

Add Demarcus Lawrence, let Ansah go, add Sheldon Richardson, take a flyer on Freeman. The funny thing is, the Lions defense was ranked pretty well until they lost Haloti, and I never thought that much of the guy, but he was a decent run stuffer.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Not sure why the Oakland job is ranked higher. Carr probably is Jay Cutler 9 years ago. He is what he is. Decent, but not a guy you can win a SB with. But his contract dictates you have to "deal with him".

no.

what carr is is a damn good qb who had a rough year.