Prospect Buzz

TheDane

Liked Posts:
Dawson still looks like that will be a good pick for whichever team lands him. The 40 time affected him but he shows up faster on tape.

Dawson's tape is unbelievable, and I agree with you that he looks faster on tape. But I still don't believe he'll be the 1st ILB off the board, and I don't believe I've seen him being the 1st off the board in mocks since before the combine. But hey, both I and the so-called experts could be wrong. Happens every damn year.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Charles Robinson ‏@CharlesRobinson 10m10 minutes ago
Charles Robinson retweeted Sigmund Bloom
The draft range for Todd Gurley? Supposedly 6 to 10 now. That's the word on the street.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Everyone needs to prepare themselves that Cooper or White will be easily the BPA when the Bears are on the clock.

Who knows if they pick them.

@ESPNChiBears: Kiper describes pass-rushers the #Bears might consider at No. 7 as "risky." Feels Kevin White/Amari Copper more of a sure thing.

They'll be the BPA on whose boards?? I don't think it will be any boards that any GM in the NFL will be going by.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@Cianaf: Listened to Kiper and McShay's podcast earlier with Schefter. Seems top five is leaning towards Winston-Mariota-Fowler-Cooper-Williams.

Charles Robinson also expects Gurley to go top 10 maybe as high as the Jets.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Really hope Gurley goes top 6. That would leave Beasley or White for us most likely, and piss off AussieBear.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Leonard Williams - DL - Trojans

USC DL Leonard Williams is visiting the Redskins on Wednesday.

You might be surprised by this, but we think it is in the realm of possibility that Williams is available at pick No. 5. Think about it: the two quarterbacks go first, then an edge rusher, then a wide receiver. The redskins recently signed Stephen Paea, but Jason Hatcher turns 33 soon and could be a post June 1st cut after next season in this scenario.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Marcus Mariota - QB - Ducks

Browns HC Mike Pettine replied "Sure, why not?" when asked if Cleveland was open to trading up for Oregon QB Marcus Mariota.

As opposed to offering a discourteous response to an obvious question, Pettine played it kawaii (cute), as the Japanese say. The Browns, according to TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline, are the frontrunners to trade up for Mariota. Cleveland owns the Nos. 12 and 19 overall picks. We'll kick it to Pauline for negotiation coverage: "I was told the asking price from the Tennessee Titans was both of the Browns first round picks as well as their choice in the second round, to which Cleveland replied no. Understandable Tennessee would have a high asking price at this point and even more understandable the Browns would say no. I’m told the Browns may be willing to part with both first round picks for Mariota but want to hold on to the second round choice to draft a much needed receiver."

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Leonard Williams - DL - Trojans

USC DL Leonard Williams is visiting the Redskins on Wednesday.

You might be surprised by this, but we think it is in the realm of possibility that Williams is available at pick No. 5. Think about it: the two quarterbacks go first, then an edge rusher, then a wide receiver. The redskins recently signed Stephen Paea, but Jason Hatcher turns 33 soon and could be a post June 1st cut after next season in this scenario.

I'm still hoping Williams falls to 7. If washington passes on him I cant see him going to the Jets.

Also even though I'm a big fan of Gurley I really hope we dont pick him at 7.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I'll post this here also. Williams said on ESPN yesterday he'd much rather play the 3-tech in a 4-3 vs the 5-tech in 3-4.

Obviously he'd play both positions in Chicago.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
I'll post this here also. Williams said on ESPN yesterday he'd much rather play the 3-tech in a 4-3 vs the 5-tech in 3-4.

Im assuming because he would be able to rush the passer more. But if we ended up with him Fangio is smart enough to move him around and I could see a JJ watt type roll for him.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Im assuming because he would be able to rush the passer more. But if we ended up with him Fangio is smart enough to move him around and I could see a JJ watt type roll for him.

Yeah, he basically addmited he liked the glamour of the 3-tech

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Williams will play what he's told. Plus, he would be able to play the 3-tech and 5 here.

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
@Cianaf: Listened to Kiper and McShay's podcast earlier with Schefter. Seems top five is leaning towards Winston-Mariota-Fowler-Cooper-Williams.

Charles Robinson also expects Gurley to go top 10 maybe as high as the Jets.

so it's safe to say it'll be a different top 5 then. these guys suck at predicting

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Here is a later rd guy that most have as a safety in the NFL

Alex Marvez - .@USC_Athletics CB Josh Shaw took pre-draft visits w/ #Panthers, #Bears, #Raiders, #Cowboys, #Cardinals, #Texans & #Bengals @SiriusXMNFL
8:05pm - 22 Apr 15

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Here is a later rd guy that most have as a safety in the NFL

Alex Marvez - .@USC_Athletics CB Josh Shaw took pre-draft visits w/ #Panthers, #Bears, #Raiders, #Cowboys, #Cardinals, #Texans & #Bengals @SiriusXMNFL
8:05pm - 22 Apr 15

Never even heard of Alex Marvez. Probably won't get drafted.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Would you really be surprised if Lovie takes him 1st overall?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Quote:
Dave Birkett @davebirkett · 5h 5 hours ago
Danny Shelton: #Lions said they'll draft me if I make it to 23rd pick

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Would you really be surprised if Lovie takes him 1st overall?

I'd be surprised for a few reasons....

Mariota walking into the league and playing good ball at any point next yr; is anyone expecting that really?

How long does Lovie have to go 3-13 and not have his NFL HC'ing career be over with permanently?