Prospect Buzz

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
If Ray slides to the back end of the first round you trade back up and draft him there. My guess is he wouldn't make it past the Packers because Thompson wouldn't be so stupid as to let a gift like that get away.

The crazy thing is both Ray and Gregory could be sitting there say at 25. You trade back in and get Ray, and Thompson still could get Gregory.

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
Both of my least favorite teams (Cards and Pack) have genious GMs,����

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
" SiriusXM NFL Radio @SiriusXMNFL · 13h 13 hours ago
USC CB Josh Shaw is a busy guy, has worked out for: #Panthers #Bears #Raiders #Cowboys #Cardinals #Texans #Bengals #Patriots #Bucs #Chargers"

I like shaw, would fit nicely as a press corner or even a FS.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Looks like we can remove Shane Ray from our list

LanceZierlein says on http://sports790.com that Shane Ray will need surgery on foot, 5 months recovery. "Could drop out of first"

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout 21m21 minutes ago
Matt Miller retweeted Arif Hasan
Explains his low testing scores. I'd still draft him top 15 in this class...even with the injury.

So all of Windy's kvetching about Shane Ray's "numbers" was foolish based on an injured foot ruining the data. How surprising. It's almost as if he'd been told that repeatedly...

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
A lot of teams near the back end of the draft would take flyer on Ray despite the injury. Chargers, Cleveland, Phili, Pitt, Arizona, Balt, Indy, Pack, NO, NE.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
If Ray slides to the back end of the first round you trade back up and draft him there. My guess is he wouldn't make it past the Packers because Thompson wouldn't be so stupid as to let a gift like that get away.

I'd give up picks 2 & 3 or 2 & 4 to trade back in to the first round for Shane Ray.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:

Yeah, the problem with Ray sliding into the second is that there's so many good, deep 3-4 teams in the back of the first who can afford to take him and just wait out the injury healing with their depth.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
"Robert Klemko of the MMQB spoke to one scout who said Jameis Winston would be the No. 2 QB on that team's board since 2011 based on pre-draft grades.
The top 10 ranking went as follows: 1. Andrew Luck, 2. Jameis Winston, 3. Robert Griffin III, 4. Cam Newton, 5. Blaine Gabbert, 6. Marcus Mariota, 7. Ryan Tannehill, 8. Blake Bortles, 9. Jake Locker, 10. Teddy Bridgewater. This just shows how much variance there is among NFL teams' boards. Again, this is based on pre-draft grades and opinion. It is worth noting that teams who feel comfortable with their starting quarterback put far less work into evaluating the top quarterbacks in each draft. Klemko notes the scout does not work with the Bucs or Titans and is not in the hunt for a quarterback this year.
Source: The MMQB Apr 23 - 10:16 AM"

I am floored that teams had Jake Locker rated so highly. Locker was flat out garbage at Washington, he was easily rattled and was the ultimate of scatter shot QBs. Every time I read something like that I honestly feel like I could be an NFL general manager and do it well. Locker was a tremendous athlete and had all the physical tools, but he couldn't play the position.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I am floored that teams had Jake Locker rated so highly. Locker was flat out garbage at Washington, he was easily rattled and was the ultimate of scatter shot QBs. Every time I read something like that I honestly feel like I could be an NFL general manager and do it well. Locker was a tremendous athlete and had all the physical tools, but he couldn't play the position.

Look at the rating on Gabbert. Ouch!

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Yeah, the problem with Ray sliding into the second is that there's so many good, deep 3-4 teams in the back of the first who can afford to take him and just wait out the injury healing with their depth.

That type of luck, or taking advantage of other teams' stupidity is what good GMs do. Chandler Jones is a prime example, and the guy who never trades up (Belichick) moved up to grab him.

They're scenarios you have to be prepared for on draft day and have to move quickly to take advantage of and don't ever be that GM who panicky when there's a run on players I.e. Jerry Angelo over drafting Chris Williams.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
That type of luck, or taking advantage of other teams' stupidity is what good GMs do. Chandler Jones is a prime example, and the guy who never trades up (Belichick) moved up to grab him.

They're scenarios you have to be prepared for on draft day and have to move quickly to take advantage of and don't ever be that GM who panicky when there's a run on players I.e. Jerry Angelo over drafting Chris Williams.

When I heard Shea's name called with Jones on the board, I immediately said this guy is Jerry Krause. He's out to prove he's the smartest guy in the room. It reminded me so much of Krause taking Jason "Fucking" Caffey with Michael Finley on the board. Insane...

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The only reason I couldn't comment on Gabbert, I didn't see him play a lot in college. Who knows maybe, I would have rated him highly too.

He had happy feet in college too. Frightened of the rush...

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Shitty to here about Ray. The other top projected guys won't last very long now with he and Gregory no longer in the top 10 conversation.

Actually, its shitty for the bears. Beasley, Fowler and Williams could all be gone before 7.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 8m8 minutes ago
Navy long sanper Joe Cardona has also drawn strong interest from Kansas City Chiefs, Chicago Bears, Indianapolis Colts and Minnesota Vikings

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Watch him end up on the Seahawks, Packers, or Patriots.

That's what i said about R.Gregory. They always luck out in the draft for some reason.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

There is no way in hell that S.Ray will be around in the 2nd round. If he has the surgery asap then he could be back by September.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This Shane Ray news may be good news for the Bears.

If the Bears could get him in the 2nd or with a short trade up it would be a nice value for the Bears.

Injured is better than slow/athletic so in reality this may work out better for Ray.