Prospect Buzz

TheDane

Liked Posts:
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 9m9 minutes ago
Iowa tackle Brandon Scherrf drawing heavy interest from NFL teams drafting between fifth and ninth spots of first round, according to source

That's a tough one. It's one of those situations where I'd love the player to be a part of the franchise, but I'd hate the fact that we drafted a non LT-Olineman in the top 10.

TheDane

Liked Posts:
What's the go with Alvin Dupree to the Raiders? Is that in the 2nd round?

Considering the Raiders' history with reaching for physical freaks, It's not outside the realm of possbility for this to happen. I highly doubt it, though.

Putting the Bears-glasses on, I'd love for the Raiders to pick Dupree. It'd mean that one guy I'd rather have would slide one pick further.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@PriscoCBS: The Phillip Dorsett in the first-round talk is gaining steam. Just like I said last week.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
"JASON LA CANFORA
CBS Sports NFL Insider

More draft buzz

• Hearing a lot of buzz about Utah corner Eric Rowe. Teams like him a lot more than the media realizes. Maybe not enough to get him all the way into the top 32, but then again much crazier things have happened before.

• I still say UConn's Byron Jones goes Day 1. Too many teams think, at worst case, that he is an impact ranging free safety even if he isn't the cover corner (think Devin McCourty).

• Keep hearing from evaluators who know what they hell they are doing that DeVante Parker is the second-best receiver in the draft, and some think the gap between him and Amari Cooper isn't exactly massive. Not saying he is the second one taken -- Kevin White's measurables probably still make him second to Cooper, but could be more interesting than some think.

• Likewise, the gap between Trae Waynes and some other corners isn't all that great to many people I've talked to. In fact, plenty think Wake Forest's Kevin Johnson might be the best of the bunch. I see him in the top half of the first round as well.

• If you made me do a mock draft right now I don't believe I would have a safety, tight end or inside linebacker in it."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/25159221/nfl-draft-buzz-worries-over-edge-rushers-parker-second-best-wr

I normally think that LaConfora is a hack, but I agree with all of this.

I could easily see Denate Parker being someones choice over Kevin White. Parker is the middle ground between White and Cooper. Bigger than Cooper, but not as athletic as White.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
lets hope gurley falls to 7 and the bears take him..

I just can't justify taking Gurley with a top 10 pick. He's coming off knee surgery, and he's no AP. Ryan Pace needs to be thinking elite level talent. Amari Cooper, Leonard Williams, and Vic Beasley look to be the only elite prospects in this draft. If any of those 3 fall to the Bears, Ryan Pace better be sprinting to the podium.

AussieBear

I just can't justify taking Gurley with a top 10 pick. He's coming off knee surgery, and he's no AP. Ryan Pace needs to be thinking elite level talent. Amari Cooper, Leonard Williams, and Vic Beasley look to be the only elite prospects in this draft. If any of those 3 fall to the Bears, Ryan Pace better be sprinting to the podium.

hes closer to AP than beasley is to LT. ive been on the gurley wagon forever now.... you know before it was cool to mention him going top ten - im still on the wagon.

the bears have alshon, they dont need another possible #1 @7 for jay imo.. run more - less jay..

i wouldnt be mad at the williams pick if he did fall, i could understand it. id still take gurley though

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
hes closer to AP than beasley is to LT. ive been on the gurley wagon forever now.... you know before it was cool to mention him going top ten - im still on the wagon.

the bears have alshon, they dont need another possible #1 @7 for jay imo.. run more - less jay..

i wouldnt be mad at the williams pick if he did fall, i could understand it. id still take gurley though

In absolute value, especially in today's game, someone like LT would be worth WAY more than AP.

Run more is easy to say, but you have ?'s at 3 OL positions right now....are you going Gurley, OT, OC in the first few rounds?

Also, it isn't clear at all that Alshon is a dominant #1 without a running mate. I am not saying he can't be one, but it's 2015 and you need more than one receiver.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
In absolute value, especially in today's game, someone like LT would be worth WAY more than AP.

Run more is easy to say, but you have ?'s at 3 OL positions right now....are you going Gurley, OT, OC in the first few rounds?

Also, it isn't clear at all that Alshon is a dominant #1 without a running mate. I am not saying he can't be one, but it's 2015 and you need more than one receiver.

well if you see anyone close to LT in this draft, let me know. i sure don't. not even close.

if i'm putting purely football grades on the players in this draft, gurley is #1. he's an elite talent. if he stays healthy, he's a top 3 running back in the NFL by maybe the end of his rookie year. honestly, he could be the best running back in football in 2016.

can that be said about any other prospect in this draft? i'd personally say no. but that's just me. i probably would not draft gurley not just because of the injury, but because his style of running is not likely to yield a long career. that said, if teams determine that he is at no greater risk of injury then any other running back, he's a top 10 pick for sure.

dabearsjjk

Liked Posts:
Lol @ taking a running back.

A hb with a knee issue. Sounds like a Jerry pick

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There is no RB in the league that I would trade a top 10 pick for.

It just isnt a premium position.

Teams can role out anyone and have success.

strobiwan

Liked Posts:
I would say the exact same thing to a wr

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
PER ROTOWORLD.........and hearing it here first.... BEARS WILL TRADE BACK WITH SAINTS IF BEASLEY IS ON THE BOARD AT #7.

Vic Beasley - LB - Player

An anonymous executive tells ESPN's John Keim that Clemson edge rusher Vic Beasley will likely go between Nos. 7 and 13.

A prolific pass rusher in the ACC, Beasley tore up the Combine, and is a fit for both 3-4 and 4-3 defenses. NFL draft insider Tony Pauline recently reported that the Saints will "consider trading up" for the Clemson product. The Saints choose No. 13 overall.

Source: John Keim on Twitter

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
There is no RB in the league that I would trade a top 10 pick for.

It just isnt a premium position.

Teams can role out anyone and have success.

there's a difference between having success and having a running back that alters how defenses play your team. those are rare, and gurely's one of them. is there another back who could do what marshawn lynch has done for the seahawks?

AussieBear

I was high on Garcia at center before the offseason really took off and now he may go in round 3-6. It seems like the bears need to address the Oline, but they basically get Slauson back and have upgraded at center. Plus, Ola showed some promise last year. Groy is practicing at center so idk if they draft a center this year as a backup; Id still look at a T/G somewhere in the draft. Maybe they get lucky with Vlad and tap into his potential.

Montgomery is a good run blocking center, the downside is thats hes 32 - so maybe you get 2-3 years out of him in a best case scenario.

Heres an old article on Montgomery

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_27128238/will-montgomery-has-aided-denver-broncos-running-game

If Jay werent Jay, id be all for adding a WR at 7. Can Jay ever reach his potential?? IDK, being an optimist i wont say he never will. However, at the end of the day if he's just Jay Jay; play to his strengths, limit the need to throw 50 times a game and throw off the run.

Can Alshon be that guy without beast across from him, we will see. I do know that with two top WRs, Jay was still Jay - that same Jay with the likes of Hester, Knox, Olsen and Earl.

When I look at the roster, BPA for every pick should probably be the approach this year. While there are tons of question marks on defense, there are a lot of bodies there that no one really knows how they'll transition to a 3-4 and better coaching?!?

I see a need for at DE for sure, NT idk, sure Rat is old, but how will they use Ego and Sutton? LBer is log jammed right now, but adding at least 1 edge rusher wouldnt be a bad thing. Cb could use another body, and safety could use another guy or two.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
PER ROTOWORLD.........and hearing it here first.... BEARS WILL TRADE BACK WITH SAINTS IF BEASLEY IS ON THE BOARD AT #7.

Vic Beasley - LB - Player

An anonymous executive tells ESPN's John Keim that Clemson edge rusher Vic Beasley will likely go between Nos. 7 and 13.

A prolific pass rusher in the ACC, Beasley tore up the Combine, and is a fit for both 3-4 and 4-3 defenses. NFL draft insider Tony Pauline recently reported that the Saints will "consider trading up" for the Clemson product. The Saints choose No. 13 overall.

Source: John Keim on Twitter

They would have to give up 13 and 31.