My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Quote:
Dave Birkett @davebirkett · 5h 5 hours ago
Danny Shelton: #Lions said they'll draft me if I make it to 23rd pick

Shelton probably trying to make sure he goes higher so he can get more money. How do you do that, by getting other teams nervous?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I'm still hoping Williams falls to 7. If washington passes on him I cant see him going to the Jets.

Also even though I'm a big fan of Gurley I really hope we dont pick him at 7.

I can't imagine that is even a possibility.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Fox loves his running backs

He loves the run game, not drafting running backs in the first. And I believe the "not a possibility" part was about Leonard Williams falling to 7.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Quote:
Dave Birkett @davebirkett · 5h 5 hours ago
Danny Shelton: #Lions said they'll draft me if I make it to 23rd pick

Lets see, a top 10-15 talent drops to 23 and the Lions say they will grab him. How odd.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Looks like we can remove Shane Ray from our list

LanceZierlein says on http://sports790.com that Shane Ray will need surgery on foot, 5 months recovery. "Could drop out of first"

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout 21m21 minutes ago
Matt Miller retweeted Arif Hasan
Explains his low testing scores. I'd still draft him top 15 in this class...even with the injury.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
" SiriusXM NFL Radio @SiriusXMNFL · 13h 13 hours ago
USC CB Josh Shaw is a busy guy, has worked out for: #Panthers #Bears #Raiders #Cowboys #Cardinals #Texans #Bengals #Patriots #Bucs #Chargers"

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:

LanceZierlein says on http://sports790.com that Shane Ray will need surgery on foot, 5 months recovery. "Could drop out of first"

Wow, they waited until now to fix his foot? Or was this a recent injury? Too bad for the kid, bad timing.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Wow, they waited until now to fix his foot? Or was this a recent injury? Too bad for the kid, bad timing.

I believe they thought it would heal without the surgery. The 5 months timeframe would take him into the start of the season. That is not good.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:

Explains his low testing scores. I'd still draft him top 15 in this class...even with the injury.

Watch him end up on the Seahawks, Packers, or Patriots.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:

I didn't care for ray anyways in the first however if he is there at 39 I would be happy

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Wowwww

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
...sounds like he held off on surgery to see if it would heal on its own...and sounds like it hasnt... sucks for the kid like some said, terrible timing...

PER ROTOWORLD>

Missouri edge rusher Shane Ray will likely need foot surgery for the injury that kept him out of the Combine, according to Lance Zierlein.

Ray injured his toe during the school's bowl game and the Combine medicals kept him out of participating. PFT's Mike Ryan recently passed along word that Ray's toe showed up again on medical re-checks last weekend and it has not healed as much as hoped. "I'm hearing more and more concerns about his foot and I think he ends up sliding," Zierlein tweeted. An end of the first-round to second-round selection is absolutely possible.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
"Dorial Green-Beckham - WR - Sooners
Bob McGinn spoke with one NFL scout who noted the Oklahoma staff "vouches" for WR Dorial Green-Beckham.
"They loved the kid," the scout said regarding the members of the Oklahoma football program. "At Missouri, everybody that I talked to loves the kid. From a football standpoint, they'd bring him back 100%. But from a university standpoint he had too many issues." The off-field issues, as the scout put it, include weed, drugs and an altercation with a girlfriend. Teams do value schools' opinions of prospects, especially ones with question marks.
Source: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Apr 23 - 9:52 AM"

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
If Ray slides to the back end of the first round you trade back up and draft him there. My guess is he wouldn't make it past the Packers because Thompson wouldn't be so stupid as to let a gift like that get away.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
"Robert Klemko of the MMQB spoke to one scout who said Jameis Winston would be the No. 2 QB on that team's board since 2011 based on pre-draft grades.
The top 10 ranking went as follows: 1. Andrew Luck, 2. Jameis Winston, 3. Robert Griffin III, 4. Cam Newton, 5. Blaine Gabbert, 6. Marcus Mariota, 7. Ryan Tannehill, 8. Blake Bortles, 9. Jake Locker, 10. Teddy Bridgewater. This just shows how much variance there is among NFL teams' boards. Again, this is based on pre-draft grades and opinion. It is worth noting that teams who feel comfortable with their starting quarterback put far less work into evaluating the top quarterbacks in each draft. Klemko notes the scout does not work with the Bucs or Titans and is not in the hunt for a quarterback this year.
Source: The MMQB Apr 23 - 10:16 AM"