PSA: Nagy Press Conference at 1pm CST

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
It still could have been. But Reid helps his coaches who go on to be HCs with their coaching staffs, and might be wiser to take that bullet for Andy so that he still is willing to be that resource.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Also pragmatically, Bears fan won’t care about it as much as Chiefs fan so he takes a little of the heat away from Reid at almost no cost to himself.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Surprisingly he didn't today. Him and the idiot next to him did, of course, immediately react to the press conference by saying how badly he came across, as you'd expect them to do. But they mercifully stfu during it for the most part.

What did they say?

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Surprisingly he didn't today. Him and the idiot next to him did, of course, immediately react to the press conference by saying how badly he came across, as you'd expect them to do. But they mercifully stfu during it for the most part.

Really? Intrigued by what they hated about the way he came across. Thought he came across as genuine, smart and loyal.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I have this weird feeling, and not sure how to react to.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
I watched the 2nd half of that game 2 nights ago...the oline crapped the bed, their qb blew the game and wr alligator armed the 4th down pass that would have won the game, the players play the game and I hate to tell you but alex Smith is not a big game qb

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Really? Intrigued by what they hated about the way he came across. Thought he came across as genuine, smart and loyal.
They probably hated his honesty and genuineness. Won't have phrased it like that, but at the core I bet thats what it is.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

billwade

Liked Posts:
I really liked his first answer about Trubisky. instead of gushing and obsessing over the position like Trestman did, he emphasized that it's a 53 man roster and every player is important while still managing to talk up his new QB. It was a great way to answer the question.

ob1force

Liked Posts:
I watched the 2nd half of that game 2 nights ago...the oline crapped the bed, their qb blew the game and wr alligator armed the 4th down pass that would have won the game, the players play the game and I hate to tell you but alex Smith is not a big game qb

And people forget the defense did them no favors either. Missing tackles left and right.

Just a total team meltdown.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What did they say?

They basically implied that he wasn't a good communicator and was more like a snickering boy, and that that's probably why he and Trubisky connected so well. Said he sounded very "footbally", which is a term they use for guys they think are stupid meatballs.

The standard gray cloud you come to expect from these waste of spaces.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I really liked his first answer about Trubisky. instead of gushing and obsessing over the position like Trestman did, he emphasized that it's a 53 man roster and every player is important while still managing to talk up his new QB. It was a great way to answer the question.

Yeah. I liked that too. He clearly knows the importance of the position but managed to strike a nice balance w/o minimizing anyone else. Kind of important in a team game. Creating that kind of culture would be a very good thing.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
They basically implied that he wasn't a good communicator and was more like a snickering boy, and that that's probably why he and Trubisky connected so well.

What a bunch of tools. I haven't listened to those idiots in years.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What a bunch of tools. I haven't listened to those idiots in years.

I used to like the afternoon show when Terry was on. Since it's changed to Bernstein and Goff it's been unbearable. Just Goff's endless racial bitterness and Bernstein being a relentless sycophant sidekick.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
No Glennon questions......i'm shocked.

BigTom

Liked Posts:
He was fairly non-committal about everyone. Which is really how he should be at this stage. Come in with an open mind, and make the best decisions based on a thorough evaluation.
Yup. He did a good job avoiding some of the traps the media could have set up. The one that stood out was when he was asked if he took the Bears job because it had the chance to win right away. He didn't confirm that's why and didn't say anything about winning right away. If he had you can guarantee it would have been held against him if he had a losing record his first year.

And being non committal to Fangio he went further and wasn't even committed to running a base 3-4 defense. He left everything open and didn't give the media anything to hold him to after this press conference.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:

Yup the wr and te dropped several passes that would have kept drives alive and of course the horrendous officiating in the game was also a factor but the haters will all say it was on Nagy

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
They basically implied that he wasn't a good communicator and was more like a snickering boy, and that that's probably why he and Trubisky connected so well. Said he sounded very "footbally", which is a term they use for guys they think are stupid meatballs.

For a while I thought you were D. Bernstein