PSA: Nagy Press Conference at 1pm CST

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I really like the way he came off, as confident and down to earth.

I know it will be hard after a few losses to remain like this, but I think this will be how the players will see him.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
They basically implied that he wasn't a good communicator and was more like a snickering boy, and that that's probably why he and Trubisky connected so well. Said he sounded very "footbally", which is a term they use for guys they think are stupid meatballs.

The standard gray cloud you come to expect from these waste of spaces.
I think that description would fit Pace much better.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
I think that description would fit Pace much better.
Pace's press conferences come off way too scripted for my liking. I know he has more personality than he shows, but watching him speak publicly to the press is horrible.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It's not my fault. You shouldn't have acted like him, C'mon man.

So you were at fault but I'm to blame for you being mistaken.

No wonder we still have so much talk about victim blaming in society. You need to take responsibility for your errors.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Pace's press conferences come off way too scripted for my liking. I know he has more personality than he shows, but watching him speak publicly to the press is horrible.

I think a lot of times it has to do with these guys being very careful about how they answer a question cause they know how good the media is at baiting these guys into saying something they shouldn't of said.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He called every single play in the second half. Here come the pitchforks....

Yep though the whole giving Nagy time to prep for a job that was a done deal was bullshit and this confirms it.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I watched the 2nd half of that game 2 nights ago...the oline crapped the bed, their qb blew the game and wr alligator armed the 4th down pass that would have won the game, the players play the game and I hate to tell you but alex Smith is not a big game qb

Playcalling was still shit. They were up and Hunt didn't get enough carries. He knows he fucked up and said as much so no need to try and excuse it. It was a bad game. Shit happens.

I also love how when worse players on the Bears fuck up, it's all on Loggains but all of a sudden it's the players fault with Nagy.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I listened to Bernsetin & Goff too and did not perceive a negative attitude from them towards Nagy at all. The only bias i perceive is from people here about Bernstein & Goff.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
For those who missed it

[video=youtube_share;3DFcfN_BAgs]https://youtu.be/3DFcfN_BAgs[/video]

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
meh... the old bitching and moaning about not enough carries after a loss. and when a team loses after running a bunch, then they were to conservative, played not too lose, so on and so on.

shitting the bed in the playoffs is what reids chiefs do.

and speaking of play calling, the fact that the 2nd half was so different from the play calling early on only seems to back up the claim that nagy scripted the first 15 while reid called the rest. that second half had reids mo all over it and wasnt at all like nagys play calling up to that point.

what was nagy going to say? hell no i didnt call that shit, that was all andy?

Mitchapalooza

For those who missed it

"What's this guy going 2 do? Getting rid of Fox is all Pace's fault. Pace should've been fired not Fox or anyone else besides Loggains.. Now the whole coaching staff has 2 restart. Thxs a lot Pace. 4-12 record for Bears next season and Trubisky will be benched after there bye. Nobody can help that bust out. Watson>Trubisky Guess who chose the bust over a star"

I just had to look at the youtube comments. Yikes.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
If he called the plays or not he was there and saw what happened and saw that it cost the team the game. He acknowledged it and will learn from it, it is a teaching point in his life and glad he got it out of the way with another team.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
They basically implied that he wasn't a good communicator and was more like a snickering boy, and that that's probably why he and Trubisky connected so well. Said he sounded very "footbally", which is a term they use for guys they think are stupid meatballs.

The standard gray cloud you come to expect from these waste of spaces.

I'm close to done with these guys. As I'm so far away from US, I rely on a few podcasts to keep me up to date and they're one along with S&P, Hoge & Jahns and ESPN.

Bernstein never misses an opportunity to try and make himself look urbane and intelligent usually by belittling anyone who shifts of meatball. It's so old. I also think there is a shelf life for covering a team like the Bears. You can't help but become cynical after a while.

I honestly thought Nagy came off really well. The irony is these douchebags have been ripping Fox for 3 years lol.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
meh... the old bitching and moaning about not enough carries after a loss. and when a team loses after running a bunch, then they were to conservative, played not too lose, so on and so on.

shitting the bed in the playoffs is what reids chiefs do.

and speaking of play calling, the fact that the 2nd half was so different from the play calling early on only seems to back up the claim that nagy scripted the first 15 while reid called the rest. that second half had reids mo all over it and wasnt at all like nagys play calling up to that point.

what was nagy going to say? hell no i didnt call that shit, that was all andy?

Well yes, it is generally always a combination of play calling and execution but let's try to be consistent here. We all know what the reaction would have been if it was Loggains instead of Nagy we were talking about. It is also curious that when everyone thought it was Reid they were shitting on the play calling and now that Nagy admits to it, suddenly people want to bring up the players and execution. If your argument suddenly changes depending on who you think called the plays then you are being a meatball or a homer. Not speaking of you specifically but in general.

There is no excuse for Karem Hunt to have 11 carries in a game they were up a decent amount. They lost the time of possession battle precisely because they didn't run enough.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Playcalling was still shit. They were up and Hunt didn't get enough carries. He knows he fucked up and said as much so no need to try and excuse it. It was a bad game. Shit happens.

I also love how when worse players on the Bears fuck up, it's all on Loggains but all of a sudden it's the players fault with Nagy.

I think there's a difference w/ loggains trying to get too cute, the Chefs weren't running any cutesy stuff, they were dropping easy passes and the Titans btw are number 4 against the run...they couldn't run......

Antobears

Liked Posts:
For those who missed it

Thanks again xero,

It's going to be interesting to see. This guy is like the anti-McDaniels. Perfect fit for trubs and pace. Whatever else might happen it's a lot easier to hope Nagy succeeds than his patriots antithesis.

Bear down:bearbang::bearbang::bearbang:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think there's a difference w/ loggains trying to get too cute, the Chefs weren't running any cutesy stuff, they were dropping easy passes and the Titans btw are number 4 against the run...they couldn't run......

Chiefs averaged 4.3 yards per rush and Hunt in particular averaged 3.8. They could run fun. They just chose not to.

You know what I would do if players were dropping easy passes when I had a lead. I would run. There are more things that can go wrong throwing than running hence why teams run with a lead.

I don't know why you are making excuses for Nagy when he isn't even making excuses. He knows he fucked up. Thank god, he isn't like Bears fans trying to make excuses for poor performance. That is a sure way to continue to suck. The first step in getting better is admitting you fucked up. He knows he fucked up.