Pump the brakes: It makes sense that Wilson stays in Seattle.

Liked Posts:
Bottom line is that there’s options available to resolve for the cap hit make a trade happen.

Instead of pumping the break, this gives us more reason to hit the accelerator.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Why don’t you check the last time I started a thread doofus.

Is this also you not engaging cause i'm a little lost on what your idea of not engaging is? Haha

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
this would make sense if russ hadn’t given a list of teams he would accept to, to adam schefter. there’s legit issues in seattle between Russ and the Carroll’s
The only time Russel Wilson has said anything is right after the Super Bowl where he said he was getting hit to much and wanted more input in the offensive playbook. Since that time Wilson has not said word one. It is not like Houston where Watson banging the table to be traded. Exactly what did Wilson's agent say.........Russell Wilson is happy in Seattle, he does not want to be traded, but should Seattle want to move on from him these are the four teams he would consider. All his agent is doing is throwing the ball into Seattle's court, fix the problem or move my client.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
The only time Russel Wilson has said anything is right after the Super Bowl where he said he was getting hit to much and wanted more input in the offensive playbook. Since that time Wilson has not said word one. It is not like Houston where Watson banging the table to be traded. Exactly what did Wilson's agent say.........Russell Wilson is happy in Seattle, he does not want to be traded, but should Seattle want to move on from him these are the four teams he would consider. All his agent is doing is throwing the ball into Seattle's court, fix the problem or move my client.
no since then the seahawks have basically told russel to shut up and don’t want his input on the offense. combine that with getting hit too much and that’s why we are where we are. he’s not happy in seattle and it’s fairly obvious.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Not 100% true.

Houston has made it clear they aren't trading Watson, vehemently.
Las Vegas did the same with Carr.

Wilson was kept off the season ticket holder letter and word got out Seattle is listening to offers.

Not saying Wilson is ultimately traded, but its not like its obvious as you make it.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The only time Russel Wilson has said anything is right after the Super Bowl where he said he was getting hit to much and wanted more input in the offensive playbook.
Multiple reports have come out saying Wilson is unhappy and willing to be moved. Just because he didn't say it to you doesn't mean it isn't real

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
like i get it, Nagy ain’t sean payton or billy b, but he’s still clearly regarded well in NFL circles. maybe QB is simply *that* important in the NFL.
Fact is that if no one wanted to QB for Matt Nagy, no one would be willing to get traded to play under Matt Nagy, like you said. It's crazy that it even needs to be mentioned. If they make a trade and the team fails, Nagy is gone. Something tells me potential NFL HCs would get over a couple years of no first round picks if it means landing with a team with a top QB. Or would they rather have Mitch Trubisky and a first round pick? hmmmmm

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Fact is that if no one wanted to QB for Matt Nagy, no one would be willing to get traded to play under Matt Nagy, like you said. It's crazy that it even needs to be mentioned. If they make a trade and the team fails, Nagy is gone. Something tells me potential NFL HCs would get over a couple years of no first round picks if it means landing with a team with a top QB. Or would they rather have Mitch Trubisky and a first round pick? hmmmmm
i will say this, if Nagy can’t get this offense to stop shitting down it’s leg, he needs to be coaching in the CFL. if this breaks the way it could, he’s got literally 0 excuses left.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well it seems pretty simple. If Wilson's contract gets restructured, they're not trading him.

Wilson's approval isn't necessary. The author seems to think it will happen this month. If not, then the trade rumors might be serious.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
i will say this, if Nagy can’t get this offense to stop shitting down it’s leg, he needs to be coaching in the CFL. if this breaks the way it could, he’s got literally 0 excuses left.
Agreed. I'd guess Reid would take him back though.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Some people on here get very sensitive when you bring this up.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
It’s 2021. If he wants to force his way out he can.

The only question with Wilson is how far he is willing to take this

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Some people on here get very sensitive when you bring this up.
Except it was already disproven with common sense. Wilson getting his contract restructured doesn't guarantee they'll get him a OL. Seattle has had multiple chances to help Russ and haven't and this is before his contact. I get your new gimmick is a 180 on your original 'I love everything the bears do" persona but chill. I don't expect Wilson to be here but it wouldn't shock me if it happened

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
"Thats not gonna happen"- The posters who usually spend 5 hours mocking up a Bears off-season that is 99% inaccurate and also terrible.

Our chances keep getting better and better.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Except it was already disproven with common sense. Wilson getting his contract restructured doesn't guarantee they'll get him a OL. Seattle has had multiple chances to help Russ and haven't and this is before his contact. I get your new gimmick is a 180 on your original 'I love everything the bears do" persona but chill. I don't expect Wilson to be here but it wouldn't shock me if it happened

It isn’t the restructure. It is the 39 million in dead cap space and no QB that is the issue.

That has always been the issue.

It will still be the issue tomorrow and next week.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It isn’t the restructure. It is the 39 million in dead cap space and no QB that is the issue.

There is truth in what the OP said, if the Hawks move to restructure RW, they have zero intention of trading him. Granted, that might only represent a change of .1%, it is however more proof (if they did restructure) of that.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers

you do realize russ can hold out right? like if he feels insulted by the Carrolls not taking his input on the offense seriously enough he doesn’t have to play right? This is not as simple as they don’t want to move him, they might not have a choice.