Pump the brakes: It makes sense that Wilson stays in Seattle.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What does this even mean? Bears can take some of that money? Huh?
And please tell me how Seattle moves up in the draft, fuck, they don't even have a 1st round pick this year.
I'm not a cap guy and from seeing your post you sure as hell ain't one either

I guess if the bears trade 1st round picks and more to the hawks they can't use any of picks they got to move up in the draft.?

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We need a cap guru.

I think there's some confusion between dead cap and unused cap and the ability to roll it over or "buy another team's dead cap."

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So @halftime do you think that if the hawks decided to restructure Wilson's contract without approval, he'll be happy about it?

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So @halftime do you think that if the hawks decided to restructure Wilson's contract without approval, he'll be happy about it?

No.

ARob might not be happy with the Bears tagging him either. He seemed to want to move on. Shit happens. ARob is still going to play.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not a cap guy and from seeing your post you sure as hell ain't one either

I guess if the bears trade 1st round picks and more to the hawks they can't use any of picks they got to move up in the draft.?
Move up from where? The second round? If the Bears are going to make Seattle an offer good enough to accomplish that, why don't they just do it themselves?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No.

ARob might not be happy with the Bears tagging him either. He seemed to want to move on. Shit happens. ARob is still going to play.

Why would he be unhappy about it? The only thing the Hawks can do to restructure is to take this years base, and covert it into bonus money. That means he gets a 19m check right now. In turn Seattle gets to take his 19 mil base for 2021, and spread it out over three years at 6.33 mil a year. That results in a cap savings for Seattle of 13 mil this year. it doesn't change the terms of the contract.

I guess you can argue he might not be happy as it would mean no way in hell Seattle is considering trading him if this were to happen.

Why some might ask? Because Seattle will then have paid his entire base salary for the year 2021, and the trade partner would literally get RW for free the first year.

Restructure bonus's and signing bonus cannot be transferred to another team.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Arguing whether he will be traded is pointless. Nobody here knows dick. Whether he is traded or not will not vindicate shit. It is technical and financially possible. It may not be probable. But it would not be talked about so much unless there was a significant enough possibility that it could.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Yours is the argument that holds no water. Russel Wilson has very little to gain, and a lot of $$ to lose, if he holds out. Watson on the other hand is 10 years younger.
Wilson has very little to gain? he thinks he’s top 5 of all time, and wants to play in an offense that will let him prove it.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wilson has very little to gain? he thinks he’s top 5 of all time, and wants to play in an offense that will let him prove it.
He has very little to gain by sitting out. He has a stronger hand at getting traded next year.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He has very little to gain by sitting out. He has a stronger hand at getting traded next year.
He'll have a harder time getting traded next year. Older, probably gets hit more, teams who want him now probably just draft a QB, etc

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He'll have a harder time getting traded next year. Older, probably gets hit more, teams who want him now probably just draft a QB, etc
he will have one less year on his contract, Seattle will incur a much lesser cap hit, and more teams will be willing to make offers.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
no since then the seahawks have basically told russel to shut up and don’t want his input on the offense. combine that with getting hit too much and that’s why we are where we are. he’s not happy in seattle and it’s fairly obvious.
Not exactly right......according to Albert Breer Russell Wilson did have involvement in the hiring of new OC Shane Waldron. Now that the Seahawks have a new OC that better fits what Russ wants lets see what happens with the OL on the 17th. That should shed some light on this subject.

We as Bear fans may hope what you say is true......but we all also know hope is not a plan.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Multiple reports have come out saying Wilson is unhappy and willing to be moved. Just because he didn't say it to you doesn't mean it isn't real
Multiple reports.......in the last two weeks most if not all have the word RUMOR attached to them. Was Wilson unhappy with his OC last season, yes he was, so Schottenheimer was fired. Did Wilson want his input into the next OC.......yes and he was involved and did endorse Waldron. Seems like Wilson got what he wanted there and the next step for Seattle and Russ is fixing the middle of the OL in free agency and the draft.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
We heard all last year how Nagy is stubborn and cannot adjust to his player's strengths - has that changed?

This. Fuck this offseason. Feels like no matter what happens we stumbled off the blocks the first week after our playoff loss.