Pump the brakes: It makes sense that Wilson stays in Seattle.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It isn’t the restructure. It is the 39 million in dead cap space and no QB that is the issue.

That has always been the issue.

It will still be the issue tomorrow and next week.

Yep. The Seahawks do not have to trade him. They can restructure his contract w/o his approval. Wilson has no say on if they get him better o-linemen, but I'd think they'd meet him half way because of the buyer's market for OL.

But of course he'd sit out the season and demand to be traded to the Bears...lol

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Of course it makes no sense for a team to trade it's franchise QB. But NFL teams sometimes do things that make no sense. Made no sense to trade DeAndre Hopkins. Made no sense for the Packers to draft Jordan Love. Made no sense for Pace to do almost 0 homework on Watson. That's basically the Bears' only hope right now, somebody does something that makes no sense.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
you do realize russ can hold out right? like if he feels insulted by the Carrolls not taking his input on the offense seriously enough he doesn’t have to play right? This is not as simple as they don’t want to move him, they might not have a choice.
This is what people keep forgetting. Wilson has all the power.

He might be trying to play this as friendly as possible right now for PR purposes but if they don't move him he holds all the cards.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
you do realize russ can hold out right? like if he feels insulted by the Carrolls not taking his input on the offense seriously enough he doesn’t have to play right? This is not as simple as they don’t want to move him, they might not have a choice.

The last person to hold out was Le'veon Bell, how did that work out? You do realize RW has yet to even ask for a trade, don't you?

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We heard all last year how Nagy is stubborn and cannot adjust to his player's strengths - has that changed?

Wasn't Nagy FORCED to stop calling plays that allowed changes to finally happen? Basically give it up or hot seat combusts completely? Of course he had to adjust to different stuff for Foles vs. Mitch, but key is, he didn't design to their strengths! Mitch said as much about liking more designed rollouts, play action (can't do with out running)

...*cough* HOU game anyone? DMonty runs 80 yards to the house in the 1st Qtr and gets only 10 more carries all game.
Nagy is stubborn as shit. Probably why he's still the coach. Pounded the table saying he wants to pick HIS QB.

I do think Russel would do night & day better with Nagy's scheme though. He actually goes through progressions well. I saw that over 70% of Mitch's attempts were to the first read. Maybe that's okay? Feels like a lot, esp. for a Nagy/KC type offense.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Seahawks would be taking a record setting dead cap hit and be left with no QB.

Why would they do all that to themselves?

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Seahawks would be taking a record setting dead cap hit and be left with no QB.

Why would they do all that to themselves?

Imagine a negotiation starting off like that...

Pace: We'd like you to take a 25% cap hit and trade us your elite QB for Nick Foles and draft picks.

Seattle: You have a top three draft pick this year, right?

Pace: No, it's 20th.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
The last person to hold out was Le'veon Bell, how did that work out? You do realize RW has yet to even ask for a trade, don't you?
are you actually dumb enough to think 1) a RB has as much power as a QB and 2) Russ will let himself fall off at 32. he’s still in his prime unlike Bell who was clearly getting up there in age for a RB, or are you being obtuse. Russ may not have officially asked for a trade, but if he was 110% committed to staying in seattle, he wouldn’t have given a list to Schefter about the teams he would accept a trade to.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Imagine a negotiation starting off like that...

Pace: We'd like you to take a 25% cap hit and trade us your elite QB for Nick Foles and draft picks.

Seattle: You have a top three draft pick this year, right?

Pace: No, it's 20th.
pace can give more than enough to trade into the top 3.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
plus for everybody talking about $39M dead cap, it rolls over to next year...

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
are you actually dumb enough to think 1) a RB has as much power as a QB and 2) Russ will let himself fall off at 32. he’s still in his prime unlike Bell who was clearly getting up there in age for a RB, or are you being obtuse. Russ may not have officially asked for a trade, but if he was 110% committed to staying in seattle, he wouldn’t have given a list to Schefter about the teams he would accept a trade to.

LOl, now your putting words into my mouth. The fact remains that L.Bell cost himself millions of dollars, and overplayed his hand. No matter how you slice it, RW will never get this year back.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
LOl, now your putting words into my mouth. The fact remains that L.Bell cost himself millions of dollars, and overplayed his hand. No matter how you slice it, RW will never get this year back.
Russel Wilson is not a running back in the final years of his prime.... you do see why this comparison holds no water right? One is one of the most 5 valuable players in football in his prime and the other plays the most expendable position in the game.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Russel Wilson is not a running back in the final years of his prime.... you do see why this comparison holds no water right? One is one of the most 5 valuable players in football in his prime and the other plays the most expendable position in the game.

Yours is the argument that holds no water. Russel Wilson has very little to gain, and a lot of $$ to lose, if he holds out. Watson on the other hand is 10 years younger.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It isn’t the restructure. It is the 39 million in dead cap space and no QB that is the issue.

That has always been the issue.

It will still be the issue tomorrow and next week.
And again during negotiations the bears can take in some of that money and offer Foles . Even if they don't want Foles, with the kings ransom the hawks will more than likely get they can move up in the draft. It isn't a hopeless situation for them otherwise they would just flat out state they're not trading Wilson

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Yep. The Seahawks do not have to trade him. They can restructure his contract w/o his approval. Wilson has no say on if they get him better o-linemen, but I'd think they'd meet him half way because of the buyer's market for OL.

But of course he'd sit out the season and demand to be traded to the Bears...lol

How can they restructure a contract w/o approval?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And again during negotiations the bears can take in some of that money and offer Foles . Even if they don't want Foles, with the kings ransom the hawks will more than likely get they can move up in the draft. It isn't a hopeless situation for them otherwise they would just flat out state they're not trading Wilson

What does this even mean? Bears can take in some of that money? Huh?
And please tell me how Seattle moves up in the draft, fuck, they don't even have a 1st round pick this year.