dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
i got to thinking about cam meredith...we seem to all like him, but is he really a lock to get re-signed? does he fit in nagy’s offense? with white already under contract, do you think nagy needs/wants 2 big possession receivers (both recovering from injury, mind you) when his offense would likely moreso value smaller, shiftier WRs?

Not all of the Chiefs WR's are small though. They have some guys that are 6+ foot tall and if Nagy can't find a way to use C.Meredith then that could be a problem. Would you consider K.White a possession WR? I know we haven't seen much of him to say what kind of WR he'd be but i don't think he'd be a possession WR. Either way this will be his last chance with the Bears to show he can not only stay healthy but produce on the field if he can stay healthy. I'm excited to see what K.White can do when healthy but i'm pretty sure i was excited at the beginning of each of the last 3 years to see what he can do...lol

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Meredith is the type of guy you expect Nagy to incorporate.

He is young, cheap, and talented.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Meredith is the type of guy you expect Nagy to incorporate.

He is young, cheap, and talented.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Meredith is good. I can't think of a reason why he wouldn't be on the team next year.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The need is already there. I don't know how much we can keep counting on Long anymore with all of the mounting injuries and he's been getting paid a lot of money to flop because of it. Sitton has earned his money but he's getting up there in age and is only under contract one more season. Getting younger at guard and picking up a stud as insurance against losing Long or Sitton is a fantastic move to me. So a situation where you see having 3 good guards can in the blink of an eye turn into having none. Not drafting Nelson, losing Long to injury and Sitton not being re-signed because Pace doesn't see it as representing value anymore.
I just don't think they go G at #8 unless there is zero other options at that talent tier. You are ignoring Grasu and Kush. Sure Grasu isn't great but he essentially covers 2 positions, if Whitehair goes down he fills in and if a guard goes down he allows Whitehair to slide over. So really the depth at guard is Long, Sitton, Whitehair, Kush and Whitehair and Grasu at center. So if Mincah Fitz is sitting there you don't even think about it for a minute you pair him with Fuller and the backend defense looks pretty damn good or a first tier OLB or maybe you trade down. Nelson is more a want than a need for a team with some serious needs.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I just don't think they go G at #8 unless there is zero other options at that talent tier. You are ignoring Grasu and Kush. Sure Grasu isn't great but he essentially covers 2 positions, if Whitehair goes down he fills in and if a guard goes down he allows Whitehair to slide over. So really the depth at guard is Long, Sitton, Whitehair, Kush and Whitehair and Grasu at center. So if Mincah Fitz is sitting there you don't even think about it for a minute you pair him with Fuller and the backend defense looks pretty damn good or a first tier OLB or maybe you trade down. Nelson is more a want than a need for a team with some serious needs.

Grasu is really terrible and he should be cut. He doesn't cover any positions because he is a massive liability when he is on the field. His play this season was beyond terrible and I worry that he is going to get Trubisky hurt. By later in the season the coaching staff refused to play him and we had Compton and Sowell, who are both bad, playing over him.

Kush I like, but I am worried about what we see from him. That is a nasty injury that he suffered.

I would take Fitzpatrick over Nelson every time.

Washington

Liked Posts:

Grasu is a center only and he's terrible at that. He has no chance at playing guard in the NFL. He really needs to be cut.

dawags

Liked Posts:

Grassu doesn't allow Whitehair to slide over to guard, he forces him to.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I thought Grasu was awful last year, a surefire cut, but then remembered that he played for Helfrich. Perhaps he'll be less terrible in the new system.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I thought Grasu was awful last year, a surefire cut, but then remembered that he played for Helfrich. Perhaps he'll be less terrible in the new system.

He was easily pushed around against OSU in the NCAA championship

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Nelson is prime Kyle Long on Steroids.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Funny how a former position of strength just became a giant question mark. Sitton gone. No one has a fucking clue what we have in Long or if he will be ready and we don't even know who our 2nd starting guard is much less who is the depth behind him and Long.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
I would love to have Nelson, but I also really want an impact pass rusher. So torn... Hell, a GM never picks who you want anyways so what's the point in worrying. :dunno:

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
Out of 3 players I want

Chubb
Fitzpatrick
Nelson

I take whatever one is there to take. All 3 fit a position of need, out of these 3 Nelson is most likely to be there at 8.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Funny how a former position of strength just became a giant question mark. Sitton gone. No one has a fucking clue what we have in Long or if he will be ready and we don't even know who our 2nd starting guard is much less who is the depth behind him and Long.

Every time I bring up the idea that we have not done enough in FA to fix the line, people assume that we only need to replace Sitton, and that is no big deal.

We need 2 guards, and I know Massie was acceptable last year, but if we really want this new system to take off we need a better RT.

Kush, Grasu, Morgan, Sowell, Pericak, Green or Lee. maybe one of them is a keeper?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

The bigger head scratcher is keeping Simms as a 3rd TE

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
The bigger head scratcher is keeping Simms as a 3rd TE

The ONLY reason that I can see for keeping him is that KC struggled when Kelce was injured, so maybe they think they must have some serious depth at the position.

Luke

Liked Posts:
Every time I bring up the idea that we have not done enough in FA to fix the line, people assume that we only need to replace Sitton, and that is no big deal.

We need 2 guards, and I know Massie was acceptable last year, but if we really want this new system to take off we need a better RT.

Kush, Grasu, Morgan, Sowell, Pericak, Green or Lee. maybe one of them is a keeper?

I kept expecting an ol signing myself. They must be putting a lot of stock in Harry Houdini turning nothing into something

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
If Chubb is on the board, and we take a G with a top 10 pick, I would literally cry.

Who the hell watched this team last yr and said, "we really need a G desperately..."

I know there are a lot of ND homers on here, but need matters. We can get a G later in the draft if need be. This defense needs pass rushers and younger DBs, period.

Mitchapalooza

If Chubb is on the board, and we take a G with a top 10 pick, I would literally cry.

Who the hell watched this team last yr and said, "we really need a G desperately..."

I know there are a lot of ND homers on here, but need matters. We can get a G later in the draft if need be. This defense needs pass rushers and younger DBs, period.

I don't think anyone would want Nelson > Chubb. There's no way Chubb is gonna be there though.