Question for my fellow Blackhawks fans.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Okay, perhaps that was a bit hyperbolic. I didn't mean to infer that he absolutely "never drops the gloves," as in EVER, I assumed people would be smart enough to realize that (which was my mistake, evidently). It was simply an aside to my main point that he is known, even around the league, as a fake tough guy. And he's known as that because he fights non-fighters more often than not (i.e. like a Bieksa). Hopefully that's spelled out better for you now.
Sounds like a smart thing to do 🤷‍♂️

Granada

Liked Posts:
Sounds like a smart thing to do 🤷‍♂️
You can call it smart. Players around the league though, would call it gutless. There is a code that hockey players abide by, like any sport. It's stupid -- sure -- but all sports in and of themselves are stupid. Entertaining, but stupid (and pointless).

For example, if a guy has a tendency to be a checker or an enforcer, he's expected to answer the bell against an opponent of his ilk. If that guy instead answers the bell against players that are more finesse/scoring/skill guys who rarely ever fight, they get a reputation (like Perry's).

It's really that simple.