Quintana Is NOT The Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think what Saber was saying is that he isn't that great of a pitcher.

But the reason why he's the answer is because Floyd and Humber are never going to have their actual ERA be the same as their xERA.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
136914950_display_image.jpg

:dealwithit:

Baseball Video Highlights & Clips | Dave Bolland throws the first pitch in Chicago - Video | MLB.com: Multimedia

:yeah:

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Btw, someone fix his damn name in the topic title.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Uh-Oh they used xFIP. Dews will flip.

The article is actually pretty similar to what Saber wrote to start this thread. It has a little more praise for Cooper and basically implies if he succeeds that it is another cap in the feather for Coop.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The article is actually pretty similar to what Saber wrote to start this thread. It has a little more praise for Cooper and basically implies if he succeeds that it is another cap in the feather for Coop.

I don't agree. Saber wrote this trying to prove that Floyd and Humber were better than they were showing and that Quintana wasn't that good.

And I think we all agree on the fact that Quintana is a pitch-to-contact pitcher and that's going to give him a high fly ball ratio obviously. The thing is that he gets quick outs. Probably a better reliever than starter, but need him to be a starter right now.

Agree that if he is successful Coop gets all the credit. Was nice to see them compliment Coop for being the best pitching coach in baseball.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
What I read from Saber was that Quintana was due to regress and used many of the same arguments that the Fangraph article did.

SaberSox

Ass Man
Liked Posts:
I think what Saber was saying is that he isn't that great of a pitcher.

But the reason why he's the answer is because Floyd and Humber are never going to have their actual ERA be the same as their xERA.

that rarely happens. But with such a huge discrepancy between the ERA & xERA, corrections should becoming...hopefully.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Quintana has gone 97 consecutive batters without issuing a walk, the longest active streak in the Majors.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I still say that. Floyd anyway. Humber will too, but he doesn't have Floyd's stuff. Humber walks too many people.

I agree. I think Floyd and Humber will get better. Humber because he won't get injured and Floyd because Coop will work with him and he'll be smarter about his pitches from now on.

But I still like Quintana. Despite what his xFIP says or whatever.

SaberSox

Ass Man
Liked Posts:
I don't agree. Saber wrote this trying to prove that Floyd and Humber were better than they were showing and that Quintana wasn't that good.

Not really, but that's how the thread evolved. I was pointing out that Quintana is not the long-term solution to the White Sox starting pitching problems and gave my reasons why I thought that. Then brett05 chirped about Humber & Floyd a few posts later, insinuating that Quintana is better than both of them. That's how Humber/Floyd came into and ended up dominating the thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.