Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I have a job or multiple jobs I guess. I run a business....actually a few of them. I used to have to do it all myself for years until I was able to grow. I sit on here all day watch the stock market, check in with my drivers (semi drivers), and buying and selling cars off the auction (which has been brutal lately hence my crabbiness)
I thought it was because you didn't have your prune juice. :troll:<3

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Gotta let him try with reed warming

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Quintana is awesome but not sure who this Qunitana is. :troll:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
8IP 5 hits 0 walks 6 strikeouts.

xFIP and stuffz

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
and idiot Robin costs him a chance at a CG shut out.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Quintana pitched great again.

I think the biggest reason that people are worried and are shitting their pants about Quintana is that he pitches to contact. But he's getting the outs and it's working. So just let him stay.

On the game today: I agreed with Ventura putting the closer in to close. In hindsight, yeah maybe you shouldn't take a guy out that's pitching a good game and only has 77 pitches. But Ventura used his closer like he should have. It just sucks that Reed couldn't finish it out.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Quintana pitched great again.

I think the biggest reason that people are worried and are shitting their pants about Quintana is that he pitches to contact. But he's getting the outs and it's working. So just let him stay.

On the game today: I agreed with Ventura putting the closer in to close. In hindsight, yeah maybe you shouldn't take a guy out that's pitching a good game and only has 77 pitches. But Ventura used his closer like he should have. It just sucks that Reed couldn't finish it out.

there are some pitchers that have had good careers soft tossing and giving up contact.... buehrle.

Sent from my Asshole using Tapatalk

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love Reed but that was Quintana's game to win or lose.

Fuck the "he's a closer" BS. Once in awhile you need a CG especially after 77 fucking pitches!

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
not robins fault. you dont want him being seen again through the order. that is why you have a closer to close out close games and it didnt work. think joe

No, it's not his direct fault. But indirectly it totally is. You give him the chance to close the game out. If a runner hits second base or even first base you bring Reed in. That's the samrt move to make. That's the move a non ultra rookie manager needs to learn.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, it's not his direct fault. But indirectly it totally is. You give him the chance to close the game out. If a runner hits second base or even first base you bring Reed in. That's the samrt move to make. That's the move a non ultra rookie manager needs to learn.

if quintana was left in and gave a up a double or a run you guys would have been bitching that we didnt bring in addison reed. that is 100% fact.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Uh he threw 77 pitches & was breezing through their lineup. What part don't you get?

Stop covering up Robin's inexcusable managing.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
there are some pitchers that have had good careers soft tossing and giving up contact.... buehrle.

Exactly. People just see the pitchers that are strikeout guys and they want every pitcher to be like that and never give up hits or contact or anything.

But Quintana is actually a good pitcher. The thing is that he pitches to contact. Sometimes it might bite him in the ass, but that's why he's the 5th pitcher in the rotation and I'm fine with that.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
All you blaming Ventura for the loss: did you think that wouldn't happen at some point in this season?

Rookie manager, rookie SP, and rookie closer. Not really a good situation to win when faced with a tough decision like that.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
The decision is easy. Either coop isn't sharing or robin isn't listening

If Continuom blows it he blows it but earned the chance. Remember I'm old school for the most part

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The decision is easy. Either coop isn't sharing or robin isn't listening

If Continuom blows it he blows it but earned the chance. Remember I'm old school for the most part

we know you're old skool. you want josh fields back so we know

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
If Quintana isn't the answer, then who is?
136914950_display_image.jpg

:dealwithit:

Status
Not open for further replies.