Quitting smoking

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I posted on another forum about this and got lots of good responses as well.
Today I bought a vape pen so I'll be giving that a shot. So far it's not too bad, haven't switched over completely yet but I'll work on it. I'd rather not take a med like Zyban or Chantix if I don't have to.

Have u done any research on the health effects of vaping?

5 Truths You Need to Know About Vaping - Johns Hopkins Medicine

What are u doing physically i.e. working out, cardio for the lungs?

Last edited:

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I posted on another forum about this and got lots of good responses as well.
Today I bought a vape pen so I'll be giving that a shot. So far it's not too bad, haven't switched over completely yet but I'll work on it. I'd rather not take a med like Zyban or Chantix if I don't have to.
You have to have a hard stop on cigarettes at some point. Smoking two or three a day is still smoking.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You have to have a hard stop on cigarettes at some point. Smoking two or three a day is still smoking.

He's right, Tater. You're not going to wheen yourself off of cigarettes. All that does is drag the process out....gotta jump in with both feet.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Burque and Diehardfan have u guys ever smoked cigs?

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's right, Tater. You're not going to wheen yourself off of cigarettes. All that does is drag the process out....gotta jump in with both feet.

You guys are probably right, but I'll try this for now I guess. I know of many people who were able to complete cigs completely by vaping, I hope I'm one of them. I've cut back by 2/3's already in one day. I know from the past, that once I stop completely I can't ever have even one or it's over.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Back at you! That an Aussie too?
His mom was aussie but don't know about dad. The other pups looked like cattle dogs but he was different and much bigger. Came from an amish farm where the dogs roam free. My buddy that breeds bloodhounds told me that there can be more than one sire per litter. He's very smart and very protective. Fucker will bite if you get too close.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
His mom was aussie but don't know about dad. The other pups looked like cattle dogs but he was different and much bigger. Came from an amish farm where the dogs roam free. My buddy that breeds bloodhounds told me that there can be more than one sire per litter. He's very smart and very protective. Fucker will bite if you get too close.
I should have enlarged the picture. Def Assuie mix, but can tell by the face has something else going on entirely. Aussies are extremely smart and protective of their families, but not huge biters that I know of. Guess it depends on the dog.

I got mine from an Amish family up in the Blue Ridge Mountains as well (Near JMU).

He's been the best dog I've ever had. He's a needy bastard, but an overall awesome dog. Will be 2 this June, so hoping he mellows a little more about some stuff. Pretty mellow to begin with though.

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think you are hanging around the wrong people if your buddy likes to bite you.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think you are hanging around the wrong people if your buddy likes to bite you.
Didn't say it right. He will bite any adult except my wife and me. How's it going Lou? Get that Camaro to its new home? How did the new truck do?

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Didn't say it right. He will bite any adult except my wife and me. How's it going Lou? Get that Camaro to its new home? How did the new truck do?
Life is good urblock. How are you doing my friend? The kids went to their Godmothers so it was just the wife and dog all the way to New York to deliver the Camaro. I was a little nervous pulling that Camaro with only 300 miles on truck and supercharger, but it all ended well. I hope i never have to take the tollway from Illinois to New York ever again. Illinois was not bad , but Indiana and the rest of the states sucked.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Life is good urblock. How are you doing my friend? The kids went to their Godmothers so it was just the wife and dog all the way to New York to deliver the Camaro. I was a little nervous pulling that Camaro with only 300 miles on truck and supercharger, but it all ended well. I hope i never have to take the tollway from Illinois to New York ever again. Illinois was not bad , but Indiana and the rest of the states sucked.

I've driven that many times. What was wrong in Indiana? Construction?

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've driven that many times. What was wrong in Indiana? Construction?
The cost to pull a trailer ( 4 axles) was like $ 45.00 at one toll booth in Indiana and the roads sucked, full of potholes. That part in New York through the Indian reservation land , you better not go through there fast, it was all potholes.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Counterpoint: Smoking is cool, and if you don't smoke, you're not cool.