Rangers @ Blackhawks IGT 3/8 @ 6:30 p.m.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
It is Stan's fault -
Sharp has only 3 es goals
Hossa 18g this year....great. Except 7 were in a 3gm span. 11 the other 60
Toews has had droughts of 1g in 10 gms .....1g in 13gms

You'd think Capt Serious at some point of his career could be a ppg player. He's had Hossa on his wing since Marian got here. And this is the best production they can come up with?

Kane is the best player on this team....I'd take Capt Cab Beater over Capt Fall Down 10x a game any day of the week

Reactions: TCD

TCD

Liked Posts:
Hossa and Toews as linemates has becoming boring for me as a fan and frankly they have become easy to defend against by the looks of things. Blueprint has been out on those two for a while now. Q needs to bust em up for a little while in my opinion. Fantastuc that they know each other well on the ice but so do the other teams at this point. Give em a break and re-unite them down the road. Q is all about "spreading out the scoring" but I think that is just smoke and mirrors. I wonder how much Toews is coaching this team right now.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
It is Stan's fault -
Sharp has only 3 es goals
Hossa 18g this year....great. Except 7 were in a 3gm span. 11 the other 60
Toews has had droughts of 1g in 10 gms .....1g in 13gms

You'd think Capt Serious at some point of his career could be a ppg player. He's had Hossa on his wing since Marian got here. And this is the best production they can come up with?

Kane is the best player on this team....I'd take Capt Cab Beater over Capt Fall Down 10x a game any day of the week

...he has been a PPG player in points of his career and hasn't always had Hossa on his wing since Hossa arrived... that mainly didn't start so dynamically significant until the lockout year and since. Even starting 2011-2012 when Kane tried center Hossa mainly played besides Kane for that part and Toews often had Stalberg, Brouwer, or others rotating on the RW.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Coaching is a huge problem right now. How does Mike Kitchen still have a job? His job is to do the PP and he has all the talent in the world to work with. Q I think has Alzheimer's or perhaps suffered a stroke. Stan BLOWman is a fucking idiot. Inherits a Stanley Cup team and is slowly ruining the team. He tries to fix it with half ass solutions that don't work. Handzus, Richards, Rozy, all guys who Blowman brought in that have sucked. Oduya ain't so great as well. Sucks that Blowman gets all the credit for Dale Tallon's work. This entire organization had better get their shit together of we will not be a Cup Contender for years.

When the hell did we become the Sabres?

Holy overreaction Batman.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
how many years has toews finished at a ppg?

Lockout season had 48 points in 47 games. And in the 2010 Playoffs he had 29 points in 22 games. Last postseason he was damn close at 17 points in 19 games.

And Toews has been routinely used as the Hawks top defensive center in the last 3-4 years, which is why his offensive numbers have never taken off. With Kane on a separate line, he gets all the favorable offensive matchups and you were seeing the benefit of those tactics this season when Kane, finally skating with an actual center, was having the best year of his career.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lockout season had 48 points in 47 games. And in the 2010 Playoffs he had 29 points in 22 games. Last postseason he was damn close at 17 points in 19 games.

And Toews has been routinely used as the Hawks top defensive center in the last 3-4 years, which is why his offensive numbers have never taken off. With Kane on a separate line, he gets all the favorable offensive matchups and you were seeing the benefit of those tactics this season when Kane, finally skating with an actual center, was having the best year of his career.

I don't want to be that guy but the lockout season was 48 games not 47.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
The only game he didn't play in that lockout year was the Rockford IceHawks final regular season game.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
The only game he didn't play in that lockout year was the Rockford IceHawks final regular season game.

I remember when the IceHawks had a solid 2-3 minute stretch of possession against the Blues in that game. It was hilarious.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
So Toews has had 1 ppg season - when it was the lockout year.

Getzlaf, Crosby, Tavares, Stamkos, Malkin, Datsyuk...all get the other teams best matchups. None of them have "defensive lord" Hossa on their wing either. All those guy put up huge points/numbers.

Datsyuk manages to win several Selke's while putting up PPG numbers - including this year at 36yrs old

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
So Toews has had 1 ppg season - when it was the lockout year.

Getzlaf, Crosby, Tavares, Stamkos, Malkin, Datsyuk...all get the other teams best matchups. None of them have "defensive lord" Hossa on their wing either. All those guy put up huge points/numbers.

Datsyuk manages to win several Selke's while putting up PPG numbers - including this year at 36yrs old

Ya know what? You convinced me. He fucking sucks. Trade his ass.

There are FOUR fucking players in the entire league that are doing that right now. One of them being Toews' teammate.

I don't know why this is such a big deal.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Yeah those 2 points below or 4 points below PPG status makes those years shameful in terms of still being defensively strong and on a selkie high scale for not crossing the arbitrary threshold. You really need to look across the league to see actually not a lot of stronger comparables. Sure maybe he even will do better at putting up points and playing defensively strong like a Datz does in his 30s. Toews has a decade of time to be doing that.

It's not a relevant or point that matters. It's fan bickering desire for ppg or 100 pt regular season garbling. Putting up all around production in the post-season his team will easily be in without ppg seasons anyway will be what matters, and last year he did produce both sides of the ice strongly as well

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Yeah those 2 points below or 4 points below PPG status makes those years shameful in terms of still being defensively strong and on a selkie high scale for not crossing the arbitrary threshold. You really need to look across the league to see actually not a lot of stronger comparables. Sure maybe he even will do better at putting up points and playing defensively strong like a Datz does in his 30s. Toews has a decade of time to be doing that.

BREAKING NEWS: Pavel Datsyuk is more offensively-gifted than Jonathan Toews. More on this story as it develops.

Datsyuk is on a plane of existence that is beyond 99.9999999% of the rest of the NHL. Toews will never get there. And that's fine. That's not his game.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Well then don't cry and bitch about this team not scoring ....

Or better yet, lets blame Q, Brad Richards, or whoever.....and let Jesus Toews be a 50pt player because he "shuts down" other teams players.

Would have been nice if he picked up Brassard trailing the play the other night

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Although Toews did an amazing job shutting down Ryan Nugent Hopkins the other night....it was an impressive defensive showing.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Well then don't cry and bitch about this team not scoring ....

Or better yet, lets blame Q, Brad Richards, or whoever.....and let Jesus Toews be a 50pt player because he "shuts down" other teams players.

Would have been nice if he picked up Brassard trailing the play the other night

Toews has 3 goals and 2 assists in the six games since Kane got hurt. Anyone else picking up the scoring slack right now?

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Well, I know it's a team game, but the hawks are 2nd in the league in goals against, and 3rd in penalty kill percentage, both of which he is heavily involved in as a defensive player.