Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
TJ was a beast. He wasn't a flop in Arizona, he never started. He was behind Michael Pittman (which why Arizona never started TJ is idiotic, he's clearly light years better than Pittman ever could be)

Drafting Benson that year, actually should be on my list I think that was a turning point for the roster , I wanted the Bears to draft Rolle. I was so pissed.
Great running backs do rush for less than 1000 yards sometimes

Last edited:

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Fuck your rules, nerd
giphy.gif

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was going to mention the Rivera thing. He would have been gone in a year anyway but that year may have got us another SB.
There was a lot to like about Rivera, and one big wtf: his defense during the Bears Super Bowl gave up 191 yards rushing. Now was that his fault or Lovie's? I don't know the answer. But you're not going to win a lot of games giving up almost 200 yards of rushing.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There was a lot to like about Rivera, and one big wtf: his defense during the Bears Super Bowl gave up 191 yards rushing. Now was that his fault or Lovie's? I don't know the answer. But you're not going to win a lot of games giving up almost 200 yards of rushing.
I can't guarantee it but it sure looked a lot more like 2007 than 2006 to me.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
He sold out to stop manning.. which he did mostly (38 attempts 247 yards). Thomas Jones rushed for 113.. Rex lost that game, the pick six was the nail.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Wasn't their first time that season either. Look at them down the stretch, their D wasn't all that great. They had a few good games since playing the Cardinals but overall they were burdened with too much, especially when Brown and Harris got injured.

QB who loves giving the ball away + a STs returner who scored TDs and gives the ball right back(not saying its a bad thing but it is tough on the D to not rest). They spent a lot of time on that field.

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone remember when the Bears lost a compensatory pick because they failed to check a box on a league form? Not sure if that was before or after 2000 but it remains one of my favorite blunders.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone remember when the Bears lost a compensatory pick because they failed to check a box on a league form? Not sure if that was before or after 2000 but it remains one of my favorite blunders.
That was pre Angelo right?

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fozzie Land, Muppet City, The Former US of A
He sold out to stop manning.. which he did mostly (38 attempts 247 yards). Thomas Jones rushed for 113.. Rex lost that game, the pick six was the nail.
PTSD

His other pick and lost fumble didnt help for sure. Benson coughed up the rock too. Harris getting beat deep.. Fuck, the Bears gave that game away.

Liked Posts:
Kind of telling that people aren't really listing things that happen on the field.
One situation that grinds my gears to date was during the last drive of the 2010 NFCCG. They were in GB territory against a GB defense that was utterly gassed.

I might be wrong but I think it was second down and all of the momentum was on the Bears side. I cant remember if it was Chester Taylor or Forte. Either way it was a weakside counter run play with HUGE gap on the weakside and enough open space to land a plane to the weakside of the play, all the way to the endzone.

Just as the HB was about to shoot the HUGE gap the play goes dead. Turned out that JUST as the ball was being snapped it turned out that Mike Martz or Lovie had called a time out that only they and the reffs were aware of from the looks of it. Just so Martz could run one of his "greatest Special person on turf" gimmick reversals that was stuffed for a loss in the backfield.

That timout prevented what would have been damn near the tying TD, and gave a gassed GB defense a MUCH needed breath. How any coaching staff could have read that situation any worse would warrant a stadium blanket party.

I was so pissed, I wanted to blow my own dome off my Goddamn shoulders right there. Not out of sorrow or self pity but just pure rage. No dramatic notes to leave behind. No worlds tiniest fiddle and play this song at my funeral bullshit. Just FKN BOOM!

As for Lovie and Martz I wanted to RIP their fkn dicks off, then make them eat it. How were either allowed out of that place without getting bricked is astounding.

Those cocksuckers didnt win that game. The Bears lost it. It makes my blood boil even now just thinking about it.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Your list is good. The Mitch draft will be a historic black eye. No one will remember shitty draft grades. Mitch Trubisky will be the answer to a Mahomes trivia question in 15 years.
Trubisky is to Mahomes as Sam Bowie is to Michael Jordan. At least that's if Mahomes continues on his trajectory.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The D was fucked without Harris & Brown. Those 2 play, they win. Simpel as that.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
You're way more passionate than the 07 D. Filed position, turnovers and playing with a lead helped the 05 and 06 teams a lot. The 05 O was a bigger shit show (28th) but they contended. No one said they definitely would have returned to the SB in 07 with Rivera. I said they may have had another shot if he stayed.

No, they wouldn't have. They were not going to the SB with or without Rivera.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't know man. In 14 games he had 948 yards (4.0 ypc), 7 TDs, 56 receptions for another 427 yards. I know he was a flop in Arizona, but almost 1400 total yards in 14 games isn't too shabby especially considering that Anthony Thomas was still on the team.

At the end of the 2004 season the Bears knew Thomas > A-Train and they already had him locked up for the following 2 years. What did they do? Draft his replacement who ended up just being a bust for the Bears.

Were the Bears able to predict the future? 2004 could have been an outlier, nobody knew at the time. 1 decent season out of 6 is what they were going off of.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
I think so, much like the ship started to take on water after Vic left. Plus that 07 team had more talent in their prime than this one... but then again we lost Vasher (who I thought was overrated, but a solid corner) and Chris Harris (who I thought was overrated too, he was ok). Under Rivera they were 3rd in the league in scoring in 07 dropped to 16th. Bob Babich? He was an idiot.

That was a stacked team. Like I have said before, the 03-04 drafts were solid. Say what you want to about Rex he was 'good enough' with that defense to get them to multiple super bowls.

EDIT: note that I did NOT say *win*
:jonesy:

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
Go beat off to dvoa rankings , the team that scores more wins, dick.
Go beat off to Ron Rivera. Because you're stupid enough to believe that him alone brings the Bears back to the SB in 07.