Rapaport: Bears holding trade talks surrounding Teven Jenkins

Visionman

Liked Posts:
That is 100% speculation. You, nor does anyone else on this board know why Jenkins is not participating in camp. We don't know if he is pouting or if the staff told him to go home for a few days.
Use ur brane tho. Why would they tell him to go home for a few days wright at the start of camp? Why would he be practicing with the 2s in OTAs when late drafted rookies were with the 1s? It’s not rocket science…

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Just don't get why so many people are quick to speculate and move on from a 2nd round pick from just a year ago. Ohhhh wait, its because Ryan Pace selected him so everyone is eager to trash him to the side...we get it you all don't like Pace. Doesn't mean its good to lose a 2nd round pick to make some stupid point..
WE aren’t moving on. The BEARS have reportedly made that decision, or at least strongly considering it. WE are discussing why THEY may choose to do that…

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Use ur brane tho. Why would they tell him to go home for a few days wright at the start of camp? Why would he be practicing with the 2s in OTAs when late drafted rookies were with the 1s? It’s not rocket science…
I think they were planting a bug up his ass to get him fired up. He moped instead and they had their answer. He's plenty mobile enough, strong enough and skilled enough for this O. He's just a mope and there's no way a fan could know that about him when drafted.

Soup should have known and warned the staff and the area scout should have known and warned the staff. Who knows? Maybe they did and Pace blew them off. Could have been that the environment wasn't conducive to arguing with the GM. Reminds me how Pace didn't tell Fox about Mitch until draft day.

Liking or not liking players is one thing but you expect a pro organization to fully vet a high draft pick. While I expect Jenkins to eventually have a good career simply because he'll likely mature and has the chops, I can't imagine that Pace did his due diligence here. While I was fine with losing speed bump at the time, had I known that Jenkins back was still even a slight concern...

I mean, does anyone believe it as a different injury location than he had at the end of his college career once he took the knife? Add liar to Pace's resume.

Speaking of speed bump Charlie. Don't want him back but he's actually a better fit for this O than what Nagy was trying to do. Maybe the OL will stop kicking each other to IR too.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
So you vouched for maybe 3 things...and you didn't stick by any of them. Not even the potential only one year later of Jenkins whom you lauded after the draft.

Everyone knows you hate Pace. But they don't take that seriously since you hate everything. It doesn't make you smart. You hate every move, every decision, and essentially everything the Bears do. Not even sure why you follow this team.
He doesn't follow the team, he follows CCS so he can run his crew and troll people that disagree with him. He liked Jenkins and wanted to trade up for him but since it's not looking good he now talks about how he's not the GM or his job to know things but spends every day on here trolling people that were wrong about a player, coach or GM....Hahahaha.

@Anytime23

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Are you a grown man and if so how much estrogen is your doctor pumping into you? It literally has nothing to do with Ryan Pace and if it did, why isn't everyone hoping Fields gets traded?

Stop acting like such a whiny twat. Pace was trash. He's gone. Get over it or go cheer for the Falcons.
Someone who spends every single day trolling people on message boards is asking someone else if he's a grown man.
CautiousBlueBrahmanbull-size_restricted.gif

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
It has nothing to do with Pace drafting him or not. It has everything to do with the speculation of his current attitude and that Poles has no tie to him.
Poles does have ties to him, this kid is on the team that he's in charge of, was a high 2nd round pick last year, we don't know yet because we haven't seen but this kid was a big name thrown around in last years draft as a day one starter type player, this team is screaming for talent right now................but hey Poles didn't draft him so trade him for a 5th round pick or whatever you can get. The dumbest shit ever.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Poles does have ties to him, this kid is on the team that he's in charge of, was a high 2nd round pick last year, we don't know yet because we haven't seen but this kid was a big name thrown around in last years draft as a day one starter type player, this team is screaming for talent right now................but hey Poles didn't draft him so trade him for a 5th round pick or whatever you can get. The dumbest shit ever.
Nobody can even pretend to be this stupid

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
11/2019
11/2020
11/2021
Here is 3 different years of me wanting Greg Roman. You can shut the fuck up now, you sniveling cunt. Just because you don't remember something doesn't mean it didn't happen. See you tmw.
giphy.gif

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I got tricked by that lush Brett Kollman. He also got me to think of Justin Herbert as Mitch Trubisky despite the fact that I saw Herbert at Oregon and thought he had one of the arms I've seen. Or that Denzel Mims was the next Randy Moss. Kollman sounds so good and looks so sleek, but really he's just fat bottlehound who hoodwinks good football fans of the world between his whiskey benders.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
@vabearsfan15 do you know why this wouldn't be an issue if the previous regime were still with the team? it's because they have no standards and were playing pin the tail on the dickhead with the offensive line the whole time. as guys were getting hurt and they were pulling dudes from the practice squad they actually had marginal improvement somehow. addition by subtraction, they called it.

Pace's pick has nothing to do with Poles. it doesn't matter if he reached with the trade up or anything of the sort. Poles wasn't with the team when that selection was made. it has nothing to do with him. it isn't some kind of failure of Poles that Jenkins is a jackoff. I'm glad that accountability and discipline are a thing again for the Bears. it would be nice if they didn't get like 10 holding penalties a game.

if you still can't understand any of this then you're beyond helping.
So throw away a talented 2nd year player that was just drafted in the top of the 2nd round because you didn't draft him even though this is your team right now that you're trying to build? Got it.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
So throw away a talented 2nd year player that was just drafted in the top of the 2nd round because you didn't draft him even though this is your team right now that you're trying to build? Got it.
It sure sounds like Eberflus is going to cut him if Poles doesn't trade him.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
“There was talk”

Really? From whom? And how would they know?
1,000% there was and it was posted and talked about on here. I don't remember exactly who originally said it and am not gonna do the homework to go back and try to find it on here but if you would like to then i promise you it was talked about on here. I think, but don't know for sure, that it was someone from the Raiders that said they were never contacted about trading for Mack and would of been interested. They then went and signed Chandler Jones so seems to fit.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What happened to that guy? I thought he was gonna be a good WR but haven't heard shit from him. I guess he's been injured a lot.

Yes, he's been oft-injured

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
It sure sounds like Eberflus is going to cut him if Poles doesn't trade him.
Well i don't think Flus could cut him without Poles on his side but i get what you're saying and he could end up cut depending on what's really going on with this kid. I agree with someone other posters that the kid just doesn't love football enough or isn't buying into the weight cuts and what they want him to do and maybe didn't take the getting moved from 1st team to 2nd team didn't sit well with him. Who knows what it is but i think we can count out it's injury related.

I just can't see doing whatever you can to make it right with this kid before cutting him or trading him for peanuts because you didn't draft him. He's still a young talent on the team you now run and you don't just throw that away IMO.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

He was drafted by a different GM for a different coach for a different offense.

I think the point being made is when you draft a guy you tend to be more biased and may hold onto him for longer than his talent or effort warrants.

People are not saying dump him for shits and giggles. We are saying if Poles and Flus have determined he doesnt have the talent that people thought or doesnt fit the scheme or doesnt have the attitude they want, they are not going to hold onto him because they drafted him and dont want to admit they got it wrong so soon.