Rate the last movie you watched

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Looking back...not sure what really earned the R rating back in the day. A handful of F-bombs and brief shots of topless women is all I remember.

That said, the wife and I are going to give it a shot tonight too. Arsenio Hall is way underrated for his comedy chops.
Thats exactly why it was rated R lol. There was a bunch of cursing in it.

Today i think if you're allowed one f bomb and thats it.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Not that i need a movie to be rated R but it going away from the originals R rating just gives me a bad feeling.
I’m not too worried about that cause it’s a straight to streaming movie. Idk how that might change ratings. I’m more worried they waited too long for this shit. The main people are all old. Kind of like bad boys for life why couldn’t they do that movie over 10 years ago.

JPPT1974

May Day and Spring Fever!
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Cincinnati Reds
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Oklahoma City Thunder
  1. Tennessee Titans
  1. Washington Capitals
  1. Howard Bison
Don't laugh but have not seen a movie in the theater since March 6 2020. Before life as we know it changed. Can't wait to come on back! When all this is over. To go and do things.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't laugh but have not seen a movie in the theater since March 6 2020

Last one for me was going to see Joker the last week of October 2019.

Coming 2 America

6/10

Kind of your standard sequel. Not as good as the original with the best parts being throwbacks to the first movie.

Eddie Murphy & Arsenio Hall kind of take a back seat to the rest of the cast. A few cameos are done well. There are few musical/dance numbers that are better than most of the movie. The title is also kind of misleading as most of the flick takes place in Africa this time.

Not terrible, but not great. If you liked the first movie and already have Amazon Prime, it's worth watching. If not, it's not worth going out of your way to see.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I care a lot was okay...

I liked it a lot.

Reminded me of some of Hitchcock's better films and had a rather original story to tell...which is rare these days.

8/10
sound of metal

I finally watched this one last night after putting it off for weeks. Great movie! Being able to hear what the protagonist hears really hits you hard.

10/10

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Last one for me was going to see Joker the last week of October 2019.

Coming 2 America

6/10

Kind of your standard sequel. Not as good as the original with the best parts being throwbacks to the first movie.

Eddie Murphy & Arsenio Hall kind of take a back seat to the rest of the cast. A few cameos are done well. There are few musical/dance numbers that are better than most of the movie. The title is also kind of misleading as most of the flick takes place in Africa this time.

Not terrible, but not great. If you liked the first movie and already have Amazon Prime, it's worth watching. If not, it's not worth going out of your way to see.

I would probably say 5.5. It wasn't great but not as bad as some of the negative reviews IMO. The biggest flaws for me is that only a few minutes actual take in America and the casting of Akeem’s son. The guy brought nothing to the table. No charisma. No comedic value. No stage presence. But it definitely has nostalgic value and several funny scenes. Worth a watch but I probably wouldn't watch again.

Reactions: DC

Granada

Liked Posts:
I keep hearing mixed reviews on Coming 2 America. It reminds me of Zoolander in that way, where some people liked it right away, but others thought it was the biggest piece of shit they'd ever seen (at least initially). I didn't really like Zoolander until I watched it a second time, but anyways.

Marriage Story:
Really good, great acting, Sort of like a modern Kramer vs. Kramer. Will terrify you all the more of ever getting married.

A Very Murray Christmas:
I hate musicals, so I thought it was shit. Only watched it because I was bored and saw that Jenny Lewis was in it.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I keep hearing mixed reviews on Coming 2 America. It reminds me of Zoolander in that way, where some people liked it right away, but others thought it was the biggest piece of shit they'd ever seen (at least initially). I didn't really like Zoolander until I watched it a second time, but anyways.

Marriage Story:
Really good, great acting, Sort of like a modern Kramer vs. Kramer. Will terrify you all the more of ever getting married.

A Very Murray Christmas:
I hate musicals, so I thought it was shit. Only watched it because I was bored and saw that Jenny Lewis was in it.
Ol' Sam scared me off the whole premise of marriage over 30 years ago and I still thank him to this day......

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Jack Snyder’s justice league. Lots of filler. It was better but damn man 4 hours kiss my ass what a waste of a day lol
Been spending the past 37 hours watching it. So much unnecessary slow-no. The first 30 minutes felt like it was just watching people walk around. I was hoping this would be good to get the taste of shit out of my mouth that Pace left there but it’s only making it worse.

what a turd

Attachments

• 808102C9-6DA9-48DE-A5AF-92F5C2EE7223.jpeg
    808102C9-6DA9-48DE-A5AF-92F5C2EE7223.jpeg
    7.7 KB · Views: 1

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jack Snyder’s justice league. Lots of filler. It was better but damn man 4 hours kiss my ass what a waste of a day lol
OMG it was a long ass movie. It was ok. I'd say it was better than the first one because I finally got the background story of Cyborg, but other than that. It was ok.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
OMG it was a long ass movie. It was ok. I'd say it was better than the first one because I finally got the background story of Cyborg, but other than that. It was ok.
I do not think there is a single director in Hollywood that would not improve a horrible movie after having all of that time and the benefit of hindsight with hundreds of professional critic reviews to see where things went wrong. This movie better be better.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I do not think there is a single director in Hollywood that would not improve a horrible movie after having all of that time and the benefit of hindsight with hundreds of professional critic reviews to see where things went wrong. This movie better be better.

To be fair, whedon was the cause of the original abortion.
Snyders daughter died, he left, and he wasn't on board with much of what whedon wanted.

After watching the Snyder version with the whedon reshoots eliminated it is a far better flick.

Wb fucked it up though. They should have invested in movies for all of them to explain origin and focus more on steppenwolf and Darkseid.

Done over time with Snyder at the helm it would have been a far better universe than the avengers... but it was hurried and compressed.

It is a shame, because Darkseid vs superman would jave been epic.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Just finished Snyder Cut and really liked it. No more saving the stupid Russian family at the end! Yay!

Epilogue was whack though and Jared Leto SUCKS.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Just finished Snyder Cut and really liked it. No more saving the stupid Russian family at the end! Yay!

Epilogue was whack though and Jared Leto SUCKS.

I liked the alternate reality dream, it would lead to a "Flashpoint paradox" style sequel...

As much as I loved the premise, as much as I loved the exchange between bats and the joker, it would have been infinitely better with anyone other than leto. His joker sucks ass.

Big screen joker, ledger is the king.

...I would absolutely love to see Mark Hammel get a movie as the joker.
Luke fucking Skywalker... who would have thought his voice would set the bar for the joker laugh.
For many years he has been the animated voice of the joker and it is perfect.