Liked Posts:
yay/nay?</p>

</p>

I like the kid but he needs to get some more seasoning in the A.</p>

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm surprised as I was with him in the preseason. To me he looked as good or better at times than Krueger did his 1st year.</p>

</p>

Pirri is having a good showing, so Nordstrom goes down, such is life for a young player trying to make it to the NHL.</p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Just don't understand why Smith didn't get sent down instead? Least Nordstrom wasn't a health scratch.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="211734" data-time="1382296684">
<div>

Just don't understand why Smith didn't get sent down instead? Least Nordstrom wasn't a health scratch.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Same here. I liked what I saw of Nordstrom.</p>

R K

Guess I'm one of the few that feels Smith is better rounded for that bottom six.</p>

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree that it was a bit maddening that Smith was not playing more as he is far, far, far more ready than Nordstrom.  My thought with the contract is the  9 games thing, and they were giving Nordstrom a look-see for as long as they could.  </p>

</p>

I expect Moring to be called up by\on Tuesday. </p>

R K

I don't think that has anything to do with it does it?  His contract clock is started either way.  Rockford or Chicago.  </p>

</p>

</p>

Unless they sent him back to Europe?   He skated 7 minutes Saturday night.</p>

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="211739" data-time="1382307842">
<div>

I don't think that has anything to do with it does it?  His contract clock is started either way.  Rockford or Chicago.  </p>

</p>

</p>

Unless they sent him back to Europe?   He skated 7 minutes Saturday night.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Yea, not sure what I was thinking with the contract thing other than the cap hit portion.   Anyway, I was not expecting him to stay up all season unless he was outstanding.    I have a feeling that there will be plenty of guys going up and down throughout the season unless the bubble up to the top and stay there.   The good news is that many of these guys are ready for the NHL, so it is a good competition to have.</p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
I'd like to see Morin come up and get some time on the 4th. He's an offensive guy who from what I remember is solid in his own zone and is aggressive. Bollig-Pirri-Morin would look pretty good. Maybe even bump him to 3rd line if Bickell keeps going MIA

R K

He's not a bottom 6 forward. I'd rather he play minutes in Rockford than sit on the bench in Chicago all but 8 minutes a game.</p>

</p>

5-1-2, one loss in regulation in 8 games, I'd just like them to put #37 at Center and gain some consistency.</p>

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Smith > Nordstrom IMO.   Agree Morin is next to come up.</p>

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am guessing Pirri making an impact lately made this move make sense and Nordström will be better off getting more minutes on the Hogs.

supraman

Liked Posts:
I didnt mind Nordstrom but his size worried me, so tall and so light, kid needs to put on about 30-40 Lbs.</p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not really surprised.  Officer Nordberg didn't look quite ready yet.</p>

BigPete

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="211737" data-time="1382305733">
<div>

Guess I'm one of the few that feels Smith is better rounded for that bottom six.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Count me in that few.  I thought Nordstrom left a LOT to be desired.  I have been non-stop calling Scooter telling him to get Frodo back!</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BigPete" data-cid="211947" data-time="1382467446">
<div>

Count me in that few.  I thought Nordstrom left a LOT to be desired.  I have been non-stop calling Scooter telling him to get Frodo back!</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Frodo was too expensive for what Frodo brought to the table.  Morin, Pirri, Smith should all be able to Kill penalties and pot the occassional goal.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="211987" data-time="1382476810">

Frodo was too expensive for what Frodo brought to the table.  Morin, Pirri, Smith should all be able to Kill penalties and pot the occassional goal.</p></blockquote>

And Pirri already has. Best shooting percentage on the team!!