Regular Season Transactions 2013-2014

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I'm not sold on any of them, but it was baffling to me that he had such a sweet goal then immediately pretty much got sat the rest of the game. It's like he scored the goal and went to Q and told him where he could put his line juggling or something.</p>

Forklift

Liked Posts:
Nordstrom went down instead of Smith because Smith is on a one-way, and he'd never clear waivers.</p>

</p>

I actually like what Q is doing with Pirri, letting him get his feet under him bumslaying in the bottom 6. There's still 74 games left in the regular season, he'll get his shot as 2C before this is over.</p>

</p>

Morin will most likely see the UC once injuries start piling up. At some point you have to figure Hossa will be on the shelf.</p>

</p>

After last season, where every game had ramifications within the division, then 4 rounds of playoffs where every game was a must-win, it's a little hard adjusting to the mentality that sometimes getting one point, or letting the other team get one, isn't as big a deal as it was last season. The critical path of the project is longer.</p>

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Morin I understand, but Brad Mills?   Why?</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="winos5" data-cid="212250" data-time="1382737140">
<div>

Morin I understand, but Brad Mills?   Why?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

In 252 AHL games he has 415 PIMs.</p>

</p>

http://www.icehogs.com/news/icehogs/?article_id=3672</p>

</p>

</p>

More grit on the 4th line?  Is bollig hurt?  ???????</p>

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bollig will center the 2nd line, or something like that. Q.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
I assuming mills will be making the league minimum so it might be a cap issue. Plus, Hayes probably isn't going to get a call up as he isn't bringing anything to the table, at least this way he keeps developing an offensive game in Rockvegas.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mills injured per the O-board, won't make trip to Winnipeg.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="winos5" data-cid="212949" data-time="1383337202">
<div>

Mills injured per the O-board, won't make trip to Winnipeg.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I am so devastated...</p>

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd rather see Smith get ice time, but can't complain much aboot how Mills played.   He has some good speed.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="winos5" data-cid="212961" data-time="1383339637">
<div>

I'd rather see Smith get ice time, but can't complain much aboot how Mills played.   He has some good speed.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

I don't disagree with this.  Just don't think having Mills there has made a huge difference either way.  </p>

</p>

Smith will now get some ice time.  Sucks for him because they can't send him back without clearing waivers, which he'd never make it through.  So he must sit on the bench.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Spunky Porkstacker" data-cid="215923" data-time="1386179120">
<div>

Pirri down, Morin and Nordstrom up.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

They are juggling players like Q juggles lines.. .</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
It's just one big fat running joke this season.</p>

</p>

Lets give these kids 7-10 minutes a night, and when they don't produce, lets send them back to Rockford because <span style="color:#800080;">clearly they are being given an opportunity and can't take advantage of it</span>... with less minutes per night than Bollig.</p>

</p>

Meanwhile, lets give 14-15 minutes to Michal Dinosaur Handzus. Just like we did with Andrew Brunette, before him.</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
send versteeg down with pirri if its about lack of production the last handfull of games. i am completely against pirri being sent down for nordstrom. tcd mad he was really liking pirri even though he hasnt been great the last seven games or so.</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Canadian Dreamalchuk" data-cid="215942" data-time="1386186267">
<div>

send versteeg down with pirri if its about lack of production the last handfull of games. i am completely against pirri being sent down for nordstrom. tcd mad he was really liking pirri even though he hasnt been great the last seven games or so.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Not to mention, Versteeg has had 12-16 minutes per night, while Pirri was hovering around 8-10 minutes in the last 5 games.</p>

</p>

It's a joke that isn't funny anymore.</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Tony DeFrancesco" data-cid="215943" data-time="1386186598">
<div>

Not to mention, Versteeg has had 12-16 minutes per night, while Pirri was hovering around 8-10 minutes in the last 5 games.</p>

</p>

It's a joke that isn't funny anymore.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

its insulting to pirri the way he has been treated. i rarely see a team with a top nhl record play with the farm this much. im not a conspiracy guy but fuck q must have something totally against this kid. sure pirri needs work on defense i think we all can agree that most young kids do. there is nothing pirri can learn on the farm anymore..he put that time in. his game isnt going to get better unless he sees the best talent coming at him. and for q to say he wass ent down to work on his defensive game then to call up nordstrom of all people to replace him? there is a whole lot of bullshit being thrown around. nordstrom is no defensive forward and no offensive one either at this point. if anyone needs farm time and distance from the nhl game its nordstrom right now. good god man im not buying into qs propoganda on this one.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I keep hoping that it's some salary cap saving mastermind thing but then look at the pennies they are all making comparatively and just think... for fucks sake just let them play.</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Shaw apparently isnt playing against the Wild due to an injury sustained at the end of the Stars game. That sucks. Good thing they sent Pirri down the morin/nordstrom/versteeg line which we probably see will have the wild on the ropes.</p>