Relax Cub Fans, Stewart is Out

Anno Catuli

World Series Dreaming
Liked Posts:
Stewart was DFAd and then resigned, because it was cheaper to do things that way. They wanted him back, but they did not want to give him a raise. In your arbitration years, if you are offered arbitration you are guaranteed a raise.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stewart was DFAd and then resigned, because it was cheaper to do things that way. They wanted him back, but they did not want to give him a raise. In your arbitration years, if you are offered arbitration you are guaranteed a raise.

He was non-tendered.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
I can't see Stewart not making the team out of spring training...

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can't see Stewart not making the team out of spring training...

The only reason he doesn't make it is if he isn't healthy. There has been a little chatter that the Cubs weren't happy with what Stewart not rehabbing with the team, when he strained a quad a coach was barking at him to hustle, and Sveum saying that he is going to have to cram in time. If he comes back in 10-14 days and is healthy he will be on the roster. But if he has any other setback than it becomes interesting.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree 100% with you Dab. If his wrist re-acts up or his Quad isn't healing, he'll be a free agent come the end of March.

Kleats

Liked Posts:
3rd base is a pain in the ass . Is Steve Ontiveros available ? how but Steve Buechele ? Mark Bellhorn , Jeff Blauser , Gary Gaetti , Bill Madlock , Luis Salazar ?????

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
3rd base is a pain in the ass . Is Steve Ontiveros available ? how but Steve Buechele ? Mark Bellhorn , Jeff Blauser , Gary Gaetti , Bill Madlock , Luis Salazar ?????

I liked Mark Bellhorn :(

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Remember when Cubs let go one of the best 3B in baseball??? A-ram would be nice right now :)

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, he would but he didn't want to play for a rebuilding team. So, it would have just been a waste of money.

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
Honestly, even though I love his defensive upside still, I think it's likely that Baez sticks at short and moves Castro off to either of the 5/4/8 spots.

What I've seen from Baez is fluid action at short combined with a better throwing motion. Castro has more range but Baez is more than serviceable at SS. Baez MUST hit for serious power, but man it's easy to dream on this kid.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't see Castro going to 2nd. CF is an option as he is great at tracking balls in the air. But if he does switch, my guess will be 3B.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pierce Johnson

So a guy that be in LOW A more value then a legit .290 25+ 100 RBI + 3B in the MLB??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

You think MIL would trade A-Ram for him? HELL NO!!!

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
So a guy that be in LOW A more value then a legit .290 25+ 100 RBI + 3B in the MLB??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Well that was a joke. Would I yake Aram back? Yes, but he didn't want to play for a rebuilding team and the contract wouldn't make sense for the Cubs to give.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:

I think that by not signing a declining player to a 3 year/30+ million dollar deal the Cubs got one of the most intriguing arms in their system. I love ARam, and have defended him countless times here, but when he wanted 3 years it was time to part ways for a stud pitching prospect.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
I do think Baez will be at 3B before Castro as well.

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
Baez/Castro will be very interesting to watch. Some of the lower body concerns on Baez haven't hindered him like people thought it would. He's kept good athleticism despite having a thick lower half. He is an ok defender there, and he can also flash the elite tools at short. The thing he has on Castro is that he looks more fluid and a better arm slot. Castro has the superior range.

This might be fun.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Baez/Castro will be very interesting to watch. Some of the lower body concerns on Baez haven't hindered him like people thought it would. He's kept good athleticism despite having a thick lower half. He is an ok defender there, and he can also flash the elite tools at short. The thing he has on Castro is that he looks more fluid and a better arm slot. Castro has the superior range.

This might be fun.
I think Baez is more likely to thicken as he gets older which forces him to 3rd. I am really hoping one of them can handle second and the other SS because that could possibly* be :fap: worthy double play combo offensively.

*:troll:s please note that qualifier there.