Relax Cub Fans, Stewart is Out

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
I think Baez is more likely to thicken as he gets older which forces him to 3rd. I am really hoping one of them can handle second and the other SS because that could possibly* be :fap: worthy double play combo offensively.

*:troll:s please note that qualifier there.

Just stick Lake there.

:troll:

Sent from up Mark Teixeira's butt.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think that by not signing a declining player to a 3 year/30+ million dollar deal the Cubs got one of the most intriguing arms in their system. I love ARam, and have defended him countless times here, but when he wanted 3 years it was time to part ways for a stud pitching prospect.

by no means is he a STUD pitching prospect. Hasnt cracked ANY top 100 list. Prolly wouldnt even crack top 200 list. I understand he made no sense for what Cubs going to be doing BUT after it took 30+ yrs to find a 3B like A-ram they let him go and now were back to 3B being a big black hole. Just saying Cubs MLB roster would be alot better with A-ram at 3B batting behind Rizzo and the minor league system would not take a hit by losing 1 pitching prospect from Low A that yes has upside but dont say he a STUD prospect cause he not. He an interesting arm. Again il ask you this question: WOULD MIL TRADE A-ram for Pierce Johnson???? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. They would get alot more back for a .290 25+ 100 RBI + 3B.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
by no means is he a STUD pitching prospect. Hasnt cracked ANY top 100 list. Prolly wouldnt even crack top 200 list. I understand he made no sense for what Cubs going to be doing BUT after it took 30+ yrs to find a 3B like A-ram they let him go and now were back to 3B being a big black hole. Just saying Cubs MLB roster would be alot better with A-ram at 3B batting behind Rizzo and the minor league system would not take a hit by losing 1 pitching prospect from Low A that yes has upside but dont say he a STUD prospect cause he not. He an interesting arm. Again il ask you this question: WOULD MIL TRADE A-ram for Pierce Johnson???? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. They would get alot more back for a .290 25+ 100 RBI + 3B.

This is out of context.

The Cubs are in a rebuild. The Brewers are not technically in a rebuild, but they should be. If one team is close to contention (the Brewers were within games of the second wild card spot last season before fading) then there's no way that trade takes place. If the Cubs are in contention rather than a rebuild there's a chance they would have kept Aramis. But if both were being equal, you're right, a straight up swap of a proven MLB 3B (albeit an aging player who is close to decline) for an unproven pitching prospect is not going to happen. However, if the Cubs decide that they wanted to contend and the Brewers decided they needed to rebuild, then the trade you suggested becomes more likely.

The problem is that you're looking at the situation in a vacuum, while the exercise of building/rebuilding a team is much more dynamic than what one does re: Aramis Ramirez.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I understand why Cubs let A-ram go. All i said was wouldnt be nice to have A-ram in lineup now. Then Dab brought Pierce Johnson and being a stud prospect. I thought that just funny.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I understand why Cubs let A-ram go. All i said was wouldnt be nice to have A-ram in lineup now. Then Dab brought Pierce Johnson and being a stud prospect. I thought that just funny.
Watch him this year. If his arm doesn't blow up he is going to move up lists fast this year.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watch him this year. If his arm doesn't blow up he is going to move up lists fast this year.

I hope your right but as now he not a stud prospect. he an intriguing arm

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope your right but as now he not a stud prospect. he an intriguing arm

If you want to quibble with words you can, but bottomline is he is consensus top 10 prospect in a top 10 system. Getting that for a guy whose contract demands and age don't match up to the current roster is a win.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
only so called "wins" that matter are MLB wins. Right now Cubs are horrible lol

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
only so called "wins" that matter are MLB wins. Right now Cubs are horrible lol
True but Aramis Ramirez does little to change that fact right now and a guy that has the potential to offer a lot more down the road is a move that the front office should make.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is how I see it ... I''ll take a coupls more years of sucking for a chance to have many manys years very good.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is how I see it ... I''ll take a coupls more years of sucking for a chance to have many manys years very good.

Keyword there. If someone could promise me to have many many years of good team i would say hell yes in moment BUT if someone said Cubs would win WS in 2013 but suck for next 20 yrs i take that over a chance they have many many good years for couple more years of suckiness.

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
Keyword there. If someone could promise me to have many many years of good team i would say hell yes in moment BUT if someone said Cubs would win WS in 2013 but suck for next 20 yrs i take that over a chance they have many many good years for couple more years of suckiness.

Baseball doesn't work like this.

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
Agreed