Report: Chicago Bears violate NFL’s Collective Bargaining Agreement

Bust

Liked Posts:
I’ve read today that other teams do this and are fully aware and accepting of the consequences before they do it. Apparently John Harbaugh has done this several times with the Ravens. He’s basically sacrificing a practice a little later in the offseason to make the most out of other practices earlier on.

yep. we just debating on who snitched first.

it's 50/50 JJ and Bojack

discplayer

Liked Posts:
Lol. How do you eff that up?

"According to the league source, the Bears were warned for having practices featuring too much contact last month with requests made that they alter their practice activity to adjust. Eventually, when proper adjustments weren’t made, the NFL Players Association was asked to get involved and the NFL stepped in, deciding that the team was in violation of league rules."

Reading between the lines...did some players complain to the NFLPA?

Um, Duh. Eddie Jackson.

YoungPA

Liked Posts:
I think Eberflus mentioned in a press confrence that the league sends a rep to observe every practice. They probably had an issue with all the punch-out attempts and deemed it too physical. That'd be my guess. Petty by league office imo.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

"According to the league source, the Bears were warned for having practices featuring too much contact last month with requests made that they alter their practice activity to adjust. Eventually, when proper adjustments weren’t made, the NFL Players Association was asked to get involved and the NFL stepped in, deciding that the team was in violation of league rules."

Yes. That's exactly what habbened

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

This is actually a good thing. Sounds like Bears got multiple contact practices in and it cost them 1 OTA.

So which is better?

1. 5 non-contact practices and 5 OTAs

Or

2. 5 contact practices and 4 OTAs

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
I’m sure this happens more than gets reported.

I would assume the complaint came from a veteran that was used to Nagy’s vacation getaway training camps and OTAs.

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:

What a stupid league. What's next, ease up on the difficult playbook terminology, players are having issues digesting this info?
Pay millions of dollars to players and yet create these idiotic rules and punish teams. I get it, you want to minimize injuries and such, but injuries happen regardless.

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What a stupid league. What's next, ease up on the difficult playbook terminology, players are having issues digesting this info?
Pay millions of dollars to players and yet create these idiotic rules and punish teams. I get it, you want to minimize injuries and such, but injuries happen regardless.
Are you for management over labor?

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

55 Bears players aren’t making $1 million this year.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
The idea that the new regime didn't know any batter - I'm not buying that. These guys have all coached in this league for years, they know the rules. If they don't, there's a bigger problem.

Off to kind of a stupid start...Well, It's got to get better from here - I hope.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
It's Beta Male posting. I think it just might be Emery posting under an alt name.
Record. Players drafted. Pace hired two shitty coaches. Emery only hired one shitty coach. Emery also didn’t make a trade that is considered one of the worsts in nfl history.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Record. Players drafted. Pace hired two shitty coaches. Emery only hired one shitty coach. Emery also didn’t make a trade that is considered one of the worsts in nfl history.

Lmao. Trubisky's trade isn't anywhere near as bad as Rick Mirer's trade and that trade usually sits around #10 in most lists. Do us a favor and shut the fuck up

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Emery Better than Pace?? Whew! I think that's debatable.
Are you sure? Did emery ever make a move similar like trading up for trubisky over just drafting mahomes and watson

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:

Is this for real?

You have to be related to Emery.