Report: Eagles tried trading Howard

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Dude they scored a TD with 6 seconds left in the game down by 12 points ??. I’m sure the Eagles were shitting bricks over there as they went up by 12 with 3 minutes left in the game after coming back down by 20.

How dumb can you be. They scored with 6 seconds left because Howard and the Eagles killed 8 minutes of clock. If Howard did not convert the first and 20, the Redskins get the ball back with 6-7 minutes left instead of just 3.

In any event scoring a TD is not being mentally defeated.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
How dumb can you be. They scored with 6 seconds left because Howard and the Eagles killed 8 minutes of clock. If Howard did not convert the first and 20, the Redskins get the ball back with 6-7 minutes left instead of just 3.

In any event scoring a TD is not being mentally defeated.
LOL. You think Jordan Howard was solely responsible for an 8 minute drive?? Even though he had a grand total of 6 fucking carries “Howard and the Eagles killed 8 minutes of clock”. Also. Yes the Redskins just saw a 20 point lead turn into a 12 point deficit. That’s mentally defeated. Maybe the Eagles knew the game was over and then didn’t really care about the last drive of the game?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You realize by then that the Skins were worried about the deep passes right? That the Safeties werent in the box correct?

My comments were before I checked and realized WCBF was lying about it being garbage time.

However I have game pass and checked. On 1st and 20, Eagles have 3 WRs so 6 guys on the line. Skins walk a safety down so have 7 defenders in box with the nickel just outside the box guarding the slot. So they have an extra defender. The S actually comes in unblocked and Howard just sidesteps him so no they were not guarding the pass. The S is free and misses.

On 2nd and 11, they bring a S down again just from the opposite side. The run just goes to the side away from safety. So on both plays, Skins had a S down and hence an extra man in box.

The larger point though is none of this is garbage time like the dude claimed.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
LOL. You think Jordan Howard was solely responsible for an 8 minute drive?? Even though he had a grand total of 6 fucking carries “Howard and the Eagles killed 8 minutes of clock”. Also. Yes the Redskins just saw a 20 point lead turn into a 12 point deficit. That’s mentally defeated. Maybe the Eagles knew the game was over and then didn’t really care about the last drive of the game?

No bozo the drive started at 12:05 and he got the ball at 8:51 so about 3 minutes was burned before he first carry. The point is this isnt garabage time and you know it.

If Howard does not convert 1 and 20 then Skins have more than enough time to try and get two scores. They would have scored a TD with about 3 or 4 minutes left instead of 6 seconds so would depend upon an onside kick or making Eagles go 3 and out.

So again stop lying.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
No bozo the drive started at 12:05 and he got the ball at 8:51 so about 3 minutes was burned before he first carry. The point is this isnt garabage time and you know it.

If Howard does not convert 1 and 20 then Skins have more than enough time to try and get two scores. They would have scored a TD with about 3 or 4 minutes left instead of 6 seconds so would depend upon an onside kick or making Eagles go 3 and out.

So again stop lying.
So you’re hyping him off one conversion? Seems a bit like WKing again. Maybe there’s a reason a rookie and a midget dinosaur had more carries than him. Also no way skins march down and get 2 scores. Sure they had time but they were already defeated.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So you’re hyping him off one conversion? Seems a bit like WKing again. Maybe there’s a reason a rookie and a midget dinosaur had more carries than him. Also no way skins march down and get 2 scores. Sure they had time but they were already defeated.

Not hyping him. Just saying you are lying to defend your dumb narrative. Skins would have needed a TD and a FG. Doable if Howard had not gotten the 1st.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Okay girls, quit bickering.

Howard was really good yesterday. He looked kinda explosive when given room and always got an extra 2 yards after contact. He had 6 carries for 44 yards (7.3 YPC) and had 2 catches for 11 yards. One of his catches was a difficult shoe string type catch where Wentz was off. Another item I'd add is that they ran 2 screens for him, so they are not playing into the 'he can't catch' narrative.

Finally, in pass protection he was a monster. Often he'd identify the blitzer and completely stone them at the LOS. This often goes overlooked, but it's one of his strengths.

For the season this might be the norm. He'll get around 10 touches. Like I mentioned a long time ago he'll fill The LaGarrette Blount type role. The only season Blount had with the Eagles he had 181 touches in 16 regular season games. That's what should be what is expected from Howard.

Now, is Gordon better than Howard? Absolutely. Would the Eagles have tried to make it happen? Sounds like something they would do. I could see them make the trade then promise Gordon they won't franchise him if he plays. That way they would be locking up a fairly high compensatory pick.