Report: Some guy in New York says Derrick Rose wants no part of a rebuild

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I admit that you taught me something a few weeks ago. I was unaware that Rose made those quotes about not wanting to recruit. Hats off to you, bro. I just don't think that there was anyone for him to recruit these last couple of seasons. Other than the Miami 3 from 2010, there was no other superstar on the trade block. Dwight & Melo both wanted to go elsewhere. Melo wanted NY for his wife, while Dwight wanted out of Orlando but wanted to be the #1 option somewhere. That's why he couldn't co-exist with Kobe & Harden eventually gave up the crown to him in Houston.

Just wanted to throw it in there than when that big FA class hit, that was before Rose even broke out....that was a long way before he was considered one of the best in the game. Sure he could of tried to recruit but would anyone have actually listened to him? Since that class there hasn't been much out there to recruit, at a time when he's more likely to be able to talk guys into coming since he is more established and well respected than he was at that point in his career.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Just wanted to throw it in there than when that big FA class hit, that was before Rose even broke out....that was a long way before he was considered one of the best in the game. Sure he could of tried to recruit but would anyone have actually listened to him? Since that class there hasn't been much out there to recruit, at a time when he's more likely to be able to talk guys into coming since he is more established and well respected than he was at that point in his career.

You don't seem to understand....He ain't interested. Doesn't matter his status relative to other players in the league. Doesn't matter the awards or allstar game appearances. He doesn't want to do it. Period.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
You don't seem to understand....He ain't interested. Doesn't matter his status relative to other players in the league. Doesn't matter the awards or allstar game appearances. He doesn't want to do it. Period.

Obviously that isn't true because he did recruit Kirk Hinrich :troll:

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
i'll admit.....Rose has become frustrating with all the injuries and all the stuff with him not coming back, not recruiting, and rumors of how hes unhappy with this or that...but lets chill out here

put that frustration toward GarPax...those are the guys that need to be ran out

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:

And that is why the Buls fail.....The team leader is not a leader.....

I hope we get a leader in the draft, then Rose can becone the follower he is meant to be ...

Last edited:

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
i'll admit.....Rose has become frustrating with all the injuries and all the stuff with him not coming back, not recruiting, and rumors of how hes unhappy with this or that...but lets chill out here

put that frustration toward GarPax...those are the guys that need to be ran out

They need to go too......FUCK EM ALL......

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
I FEEL RIPPED OFF ON THIS FORUM.
EVERYTHING YOU GUYS ARE TALKING ABOUT HERE NOW A DAYS, I BEENT TOLD YALL OVER AND OVER AGAIN LAST YEAR....YOU GUYS DID NOT LISTEN TO SP94 THE PROPHET.....YOU GUYS JUST BASHED ME OVER AND OVER AGAIN FOR TELLING THE TRUTH........YOU DAMNED RIGHT I AM INSULTED BY EVERYTHING IM READING HERE THESE DAYS...NOW YALL WANNA FOLLOW SUIT....LOL, YOU ARE ALL LATE.
:andruw:

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I admit that you taught me something a few weeks ago. I was unaware that Rose made those quotes about not wanting to recruit. Hats off to you, bro. I just don't think that there was anyone for him to recruit these last couple of seasons. Other than the Miami 3 from 2010, there was no other superstar on the trade block. Dwight & Melo both wanted to go elsewhere. Melo wanted NY for his wife, while Dwight wanted out of Orlando but wanted to be the #1 option somewhere. That's why he couldn't co-exist with Kobe & Harden eventually gave up the crown to him in Houston.
That's kind of the idea behind recruiting...get guys to look at places they normally otherwise wouldn't and convince them to come there. Nice job missing the point.

Saluki

Liked Posts:
That's kind of the idea behind recruiting...get guys to look at places they normally otherwise wouldn't and convince them to come there. Nice job missing the point.

Rose did try to recruit those guys in 2010, but they were too busy having their Miami gangbang.

I know his ass better have his thumbs on the screen texting this summer though.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Still find it hilarious that we're building our team around a dumb illiterate cripple. Can't wait for Derrick to play two games next year before blowing out another ACL - only to have his goon brother talk about how GarPax sucks.

Derrick should spend his free time learning how to read so he can understand what all the zero's on his paychecks amount to.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Still find it hilarious that we're building our team around a dumb illiterate cripple. Can't wait for Derrick to play two games next year before blowing out another ACL - only to have his goon brother talk about how GarPax sucks.

Derrick should spend his free time learning how to read so he can understand what all the zero's on his paychecks amount to.
Best opinion ever

/thread

:elephant:

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Not sure why everyone gets all upset about Rose saying he isn't going to recruit anyone. That is what he is supposed to say. If he said he is trying to convince another player to come join the team also means he wants that player to take the roster spot of a current team mate which can cause locker room issues. If he is recruiting anyone he sure as hell isn't going to make it public and to think so is moronic. Same with is situation. Just like Wilbon said, he is going to stick up for those who backed him every step of the way last year. I am sure as shit that he is recruiting and I think the only player he doesn't want to see leave is Noah. Problem is no one wants to play for GarPax.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:

i lol'd

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
I think Bulls fans are beginning to see that Rose, one of the most liked and popular players in the world, is NOT a leader. He's just a very young, very humble kid with amazing athleticism and talent. I believe he would be even better without all the expectations and responsibilities of leadership he inherited as the best player on the team. You watch, if we get another star in here with the ability to accept that leadership role, Rose will prosper. If his knees aren't shot, that is.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Tell you what, taking it a step further: A guy signed to a $90+ million dollar contract who has only been able to play 12 regular season games in 2 years is in NO POSITION to be dictating what a franchise does. Don't want them to be in a rebuild? Too fucking bad. Window is closing Derrick.

If he weren't completely untradeable at this point, I'd entertain an offer for him.

I think people are just overreacting now. Of course a former MVP doesn't want to come back to a rebuilding situation. No star ever does. He's free to have his views and opinions. What people need to do is stop blaming Derrick for being injured again. It's something he has ZERO control over. Kobe just broke his leg after coming back from major surgery too. It just happens. Deng was injured almost every single season coming into the league, yet has come back to playing the most games and mpg the past several seasons. You don't give up on a talent like Rose just because of another injury. He's only 25 and modern science is pretty amazing these days. I think he will return to form in time.

And Rose is not untradeable. If by that you mean, he's untouchable because the FO says so, then yes. But if you mean it's because of the injuries, that's just ridiculous because any team in the league would kill to have a talent like Rose on it. Even the Heat.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
I think Bulls fans are beginning to see that Rose, one of the most liked and popular players in the world, is NOT a leader. He's just a very young, very humble kid with amazing athleticism and talent. I believe he would be even better without all the expectations and responsibilities of leadership he inherited as the best player on the team. You watch, if we get another star in here with the ability to accept that leadership role, Rose will prosper. If his knees aren't shot, that is.

WELL GUESS WHAT......HIS KNEES ARE SHOT.....AND SO IS 30% OF THE BULLS PAYROLL.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
Again, I will request something from the idiotic trolls in this thread.......

Provide the quotes from Rose where he gives his opinion about the direction of the team. Provide the quotes from Rose that shows him dictating to the FO what moves or non-moves they should make.

There are two separate threads on this subject & neither can provide quotes from Derrick Rose.