dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I’m more interested in why Quan was at the game but unable to play.

Personal reasons could mean a lot. Could be some kind of embarrassing injury or something that he just doesn't want out there but we'll see if it comes out in the next day or two what it really is/was.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I didn't say anything early in this thread, but I was very negative about Kwit in the pre-season. I was hoping we could find a trade partner and salvage something for him. But boy, did he play lights out today! I was very wrong! He made a huge impact on the game, on multiple occassions! Hats off!

Also, saw some good things from Pierre-Louis! Both these guys stepped up and did well!
Kwiat deserves NFC defensive player of the week for that performance.

It was pretty crazy cause he not only took over for Roquan but he was all over the place making all sorts of plays from stopping the run to sacking and creating fumbles to making good coverage tackles to everything else. He was a monster.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
Personal reasons could mean a lot. Could be some kind of embarrassing injury or something that he just doesn't want out there but we'll see if it comes out in the next day or two what it really is/was.
Nagy just said it was personal and will keep it at that. Wonder if maybe a discipline thing? Just seems odd. It hopefully he's back next week

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Nagy just said it was personal and will keep it at that. Wonder if maybe a discipline thing? Just seems odd. It hopefully he's back next week
Yeah, just said in the other thread that Nagy didn't seem very happy when talking about it. Makes me think it's a disciplinary thing.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If it was family related I’m assuming he wouldn’t be at the game. If it was an injury they’d just say it was an injury. Makes me wonder if it’s a disciplinary issue or some weird ass protest against the uniforms or something. (That’s just wild Twitter speculation). But whatever the reason it seems weird.

WookieOnRitalin

Liked Posts:
This is not good. Everyone can see the smoke. Maybe the team is hoping to put out the fire without the media or the fans getting more information, but I suspect that it will be difficult to keep it quiet for long.

I would hate to see there be a rift between a promising young talent and the team for whatever reason. Hopefully it is something relatively minor and not anything too detrimental to require more significant penalty.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Yeah that’s fucking weird. I wonder what happened here.

Sounds like Smith is a bit of a discontent.

greg23

Liked Posts:
The answer is pretty clear.

Smith got early word he's being traded to kc for mahomes....clearly disgruntled.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
He's been a bit of a disappointment this season, if I'm being honest. Hope he gets his shit together.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This is not good. Everyone can see the smoke. Maybe the team is hoping to put out the fire without the media or the fans getting more information, but I suspect that it will be difficult to keep it quiet for long.

I would hate to see there be a rift between a promising young talent and the team for whatever reason. Hopefully it is something relatively minor and not anything too detrimental to require more significant penalty.

He was quite difficult to keep out of the doghouse at UGA

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What do you mean?
He was always pissing off the coaching staff with minor things. Nothing as bad as Antonio Brown but he had a habit of pushing the envelope.