CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The voiding his contract idea is the best possible scenario here.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
For all the talk of "victim shaming", I see no one has a problem shaming the accused. "Not a model citizen", "power ego trip", "Kane put himself in a bad situation", "he drinks too much and is too loose". JFC, the lead reporter on the story for the Buffalo News had this to say about Kane on Chicago radio the day he broke the story:

"A person who, let's face it, also has a bit of a track record. If you were to ask me when I woke up this morning to name three people in sports....Uh, I'm gonna tell you today that somebody's going to be investigated for rape, how long would it take for you to get to Patrick Kane? I mean, this is a guy who is out there in public doing things in a sloppy manner for the course of his career. He's been in court before, he's had allegations levied at him before...uh, take a look at Deadspin, you know, all the different things...he lives his life in a very loose and carefree manner."

This is the inherent unfairness in the system - the accused will never get his good name back even if no charges are filed, and the accuser has her civil case built in the media for months if no charges are filed.

People like you shouldn't live

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
I am going to just sit back and watch people drag this young lady under the bus because of the possibility that she could have "allowed herself" to be raped by a star athlete and his friends. How dare her...

Sure, why not? Let's instead continue to drag Derrick "under the Bus" for a civil lawsuit from some 'ex girlfriend', on the last day of the statute of limitations for said crime, after several Attorney's already turned her down........

Yep, that's the ticket. :shrug:

italianbeef

Liked Posts:
People like you shouldn't live

Straight to veiled death threats? If you can't argue intelligently because your worldview was shattered, the game plan is to go straight to insults.

Go see Grimson for the playbook.

Sure, why not? Let's instead continue to drag Derrick "under the Bus" for a civil lawsuit from some 'ex girlfriend', on the last day of the statute of limitations for said crime, after several Attorney's already turned her down........

Both types of attacks are equally wrong, however one side only chooses to see what they want. There is a full on misandrist assault on Western society, and we're seeing the results of some of that brainwashing in these threads.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
one side only chooses to see what they want.

Sounds familiar. I made points on both sides without taking sides, both were objective. But a certain someone jumped into the post because of agenda about ONE of those two comments. :thinking:

Just a reminder. The topic is about one person, and the alleged actions of one person. It's not about society, not about Patrick Kane, not about your mommy and daddy. This is a Derrick Rose thread about an ex-girlfriend who claims she was drugged and raped. Try to stick to the topic and not a game of six degrees of separation.

Icculus

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Straight to veiled death threats? If you can't argue intelligently because your worldview was shattered, the game plan is to go straight to insults.

Unlike you, I'm not dumb enough to threaten violence or murder over the Internet. Also, you are not someone to fear since I'm a man. If I was a lady I'd be scared of how you would treat me if I met you. I hope you never have any children, especially daughters.

Icculus

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights

BP, while this specific case looks like a chick trying to make a cash grab (especially with the three attorneys and the fact that she didn't get a rape kit) like what happened to Michael Irvin, just remember a piece of garbage Jim Johnson type or Jim Johnson using an alt account thanked your post.

italianbeef

Liked Posts:
Unlike you, I'm not dumb enough to threaten violence or murder over the Internet. Also, you are not someone to fear since I'm a man. If I was a lady I'd be scared of how you would treat me if I met you. I hope you never have any children, especially daughters.

So now I'm a rapist because I don't take every rape accusation as fact? If your son was on the Duke Lacrosse team you probably would have disowned him after the initial report.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So now I'm a rapist because I don't take every rape accusation as fact? If your son was on the Duke Lacrosse team you probably would have disowned him after the initial report.
Guys don't make have to actually moderate this thread

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:

I thought you were against straw man arguments?

We're almost at page 8.
Look how far we've all come.