Ross vs Counsell

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I realize Morel has to play because they did nothing to address 3b again. Hoyer is who I blame for most of the cubs issues.

I actually like counsell and liked Ross. I just hate when guys like canario, pca, Vazquez come up and either barely see the field at all or aren't playing everyday (pca) as they should be. It's mismanagement of the resources. If they aren't going to be utilized, they should be in the minors playing everyday and getting developmental reps

Vasquez holds value because the bat is not his main strength. His glove is. My issue is having Madrigal still on the team. Vazquez should be getting most of the reps at 3B. Who gives a damn if some one picks his dumb ass on wavers. Good riddance.

Canario I see as a trade chip. They have Davis also so they can afford to flip one.

PCA should come up. Just getting Suzuki out of the line up to tune his swing justifies the move. Long term he would have to out play Tauchman.

Last edited:

CSF77

Liked Posts:
As far as Jed is concerned. I'm not going to get into he should be fired. That is unlikely. What he needs to do is address catcher. Gomes is a FA next year and the production for the catcher sucks. Minor leagues best prospect is in AA and lacks catching skills. Bat is plus and most likely will change positions. Converting to 3B would be ideal if they got to it this year so he can adjust. That would solve 3B as his bat is one of the best in the system.

Austin Barnes (35) – $3.5MM club option
Tucker Barnhart (34)
Elias Diaz (34)
Yan Gomes (37)
Yasmani Grandal (36)
Austin Hedges (32)
Kyle Higashioka (35)
Danny Jansen (30)
Carson Kelly (30)
Luke Maile (34)
Martin Maldonado (38)
James McCann (35)
Omar Narvaez (33)
Tomas Nido (31)
Gary Sanchez (32)
Jacob Stallings (35)
Max Stassi (34) – $7.5MM club option with a $500K buyout

That is the catcher class. I'm seeing Danny Jackson. Rest are back up types.

So we are talking a over pay going in. They will have Hendricks and I doubt that Neris will get his opt picked. So the commitment will be 150M going in. 241M is the cap.

I would lock up some Arb cases. Steele is the only one who should get a offer and he should get a strong contract. He made 4M in Arb1 and I would think that he gets 12M next year via Arb. I would buy out the 3 years of control and add 5 more years. (8/150M) 18.75 AAV which is a great way to keep tax in check while paying for a ace.