Roster cuts around the league + 53 man roster

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Oh and I'm no homer. I've NEVER predicted 10+ wins. I have them at 6 wins, 9 wins if everything goes well. I don't see us winning the division, but a wild card seems like a POSSIBLE long-shot, but not sure how deep we'd go. This thread is for the roster. So yes, while the 53-man roster is set, that's a fluid thing, and they'll keep making moves, I'm sure. So, it'd be nice if I came into the roster thread and read about roster-related things. Jeezus, who pissed in your Wheaties.
There just isn't much more to discuss with it. The roster discussion is beat to death at this point. If another move is made, I'm sure it'll be discussed whether consequential or not. These threads tend to get off topic once the main point of it has been wrapped up.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There just isn't much more to discuss with it. The roster discussion is beat to death at this point. If another move is made, I'm sure it'll be discussed whether consequential or not. These threads tend to get off topic once the main point of it has been wrapped up.
True.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Where does Duck Shelley rank?
Shelley just got signed again. For such a bad player it sure is odd how he's good enough for other teams to keep him employed.

Rise

Liked Posts:
nobody [s going to offer s 1st round pick for Mooney, even a 3rd rounder is unlikely

Obviously, which is why I wouldn’t trade him. He is worth more to the team this year than a future 4th. All my point was if an overpay came our way we should always listen.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Shelley just got signed again. For such a bad player it sure is odd how he's good enough for other teams to keep him employed.
He got signed after being cut and not re-signed by the Vikings, the same team people said he looked “amazing for.” There are literally a couple hundred of NFL players that bounce around like him year to year. Doesn’t make them good players.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He got signed after being cut and not re-signed by the Vikings, the same team people said he looked “amazing for.” There are literally a couple hundred of NFL players that bounce around like him year to year. Doesn’t make them good players.
It's not an easy thing to make any teams 53. I don't ever remember anyone saying he looked amazing but he's good enough to play in the NFL and that's a fact this far into his career.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It's not an easy thing to make any teams 53. I don't ever remember anyone saying he looked amazing but he's good enough to play in the NFL and that's a fact this far into his career.
Thanks boomer

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Obviously, which is why I wouldn’t trade him. He is worth more to the team this year than a future 4th. All my point was if an overpay came our way we should always listen.
TRUE

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You're welcome but it's really just common sense.
One of the CCS “journalists” wrote an article about how it was a mistake to cut Shelley since he was playing so well in Minnesota. Yes that really happened.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
By that standard no player in the NFL can be disparaged for their play. Next you'll tell us how Peterman... because he's on a roster.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Actually, he was cut by the Vikings and then the Raiders before clearing waivers again and signing with the Rams. He may not suck as a cover guy but 5'8" is an obstacle to goodness. These semantics are silly anyway. The comments about whether a player sucks or not are relative to others in the league, not some absolute. Everyone here understands that, well almost. Contrarian to be contrarian.