Roster cuts around the league + 53 man roster

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Has anyone considered that QB3 position is a borderline meaningless position? Probably less important than WR5/6. We went from cunting about that to cunting about QB3, it’s like between this and dbldildo ccs is trying to hit all time lows day after day
There are a lot of legitimate gripes with this roster, as we all know. But cunting about QB 3 and the 5th/6th WR’s & 3rd TE is peak meatball. Poles could have done many different decisions to build a better roster but those bottom feeder positions are non-issues.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
All of you, have forgotten the abomination that was Dave Krieg.. 1996. That dude was a whole new level of fucking awful.
I remember him having small hands and fumbling a lot, but I was young. I believe he was also a starter with the Cardinals before the Bears, so I'm still going with Burris.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
All of you, have forgotten the abomination that was Dave Krieg.. 1996. That dude was a whole new level of fucking awful.
Dude was a 3 time pro bowler, led the NFL in competition percentage one year, and threw for 3500 yards with the Bears I'm 1996. in not saying he was good, but there's been way worse.

Edit: sorry that was Arizona he threw for 3500 yards in 95.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dude was a 3 time pro bowler, led the NFL in competition percentage one year, and threw for 3500 yards with the Bears I'm 1996. I'm not saying he was good, but there's been way worse.
Sorry that was with Arizona the year before.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
There are a lot of legitimate gripes with this roster, as we all know. But cunting about QB 3 and the 5th/6th WR’s & 3rd TE is peak meatball. Poles could have done many different decisions to build a better roster but those bottom feeder positions are non-issues.
I've been plenty vocal about Justin Jones and the trainwreck along the front four.

Already went about Chase Claypool.

The Lucas Patrick signing was a joke.

He should have traded Robert Quinn before the draft when he was at peak value.

Braxton Jones is destined to be a backup and puts Justin Fields at risk on every snap. No no

He had the most cap space and bunch of draft capital and only managed to come out with one good player in DJ Moore.

He hired a defensive minded head coach when he should be trying to elevate the offense.

If you want me to full on gripe about how many mistakes Ryan Poles has made I'll be happy to.

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
I remember him having small hands and fumbling a lot, but I was young. I believe he was also a starter with the Cardinals before the Bears, so I'm still going with Burris.
The shit that got me, was he would fumble/throw a pick, and look at everyone else like it was their fault..

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Do you honestly believe that Peterman has enough experience in the NFL to serve as a mentor?
Do you honestly believe you are in any position to judge his relationship with Fields and Bagent for that matter or his knowledge of the game? How many convos about football have you had with Peterman?

There are plenty of former backup QBs who went on to become coaches. 6 years of experience in the NFL is plenty.

Fields has a dozen coaches, other teammates, previous coaches and personal trainers. Like f he needs Nathan Peterman or any other assclown in year three.

It is often beneficial getting perspective from another QB operating within the same offense. Hence why Bears are not the first team nor will they be the last to pair a young QB with a older less talented vet. If Bagent is No 2, it is likely even more beneficial to have Peterman around.

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I've been plenty vocal about Justin Jones and the trainwreck along the front four.

Braxton Jones is destined to be a backup and puts Justin Fields at risk on every snap. No no

He had the most cap space and bunch of draft capital and only managed to come out with one good player in DJ Moore.

He hired a defensive minded head coach when he should be trying to elevate the offense.

If you want me to full on gripe about how many mistakes Ryan Poles has made I'll be happy to.
It’s been reported that no team offered more than a 4th during the off-season for Quinn. There was apparently a conditional 3rd offered which wouldn’t have been met. I really don’t care to discuss anything with you anymore because you have become peak meatball and offer nothing of any value to any discussion. Have a good season.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Do you honestly believe that Peterman has enough experience in the NFL to serve as a mentor?
You do realize that more mediocre college and NFL QB's become QB coaches, OCs , and HC than any other position?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Nobody can argue that there's some very good points in this but certain ones will anyway.

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:

If captain check down/stat padder Kirk Cousins is "threatened" by a backup, that's all the more reason to keep him around. It forces the starter to work harder knowing he has to look over his shoulder. Cousins absolutely shouldn't be comfortable. He's had two of the best WRs in recent history, and did fuck all with them (Diggs and Jefferson).

Hell, Diggs saw him for what he was, and demanded a trade to Buffalo

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If captain check down/stat padder Kirk Cousins is "threatened" by a backup, that's all the more reason to keep him around. It forces the starter to work harder knowing he has to look over his shoulder. Cousins absolutely shouldn't be comfortable. He's had two of the best WRs in recent history, and did fuck all with them (Diggs and Jefferson).

Hell, Diggs saw him for what he was, and demanded a trade to Buffalo
He also had Theilen in his prime with Diggs and Cook. That’s some serious weapons. Now he has Jefferson and Hockenson.

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
He also had Theilen in his prime with Diggs and Cook. That’s some serious weapons. Now he has Jefferson and Hockenson.
I didn't mean to diminish Theilen in his prime.. He's wasted a lot of good offensive talent. Dude is a fraud. He'll do good enough to not cost you a game that often, maybe get you to the playoffs. But after that, he's toast. Year after fucking year.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Scott is likely heading for a VJJ type year. He needs more time to work on his hands and route running. The difference is we hace enough talent at WR when healthy that we dont need him this year.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Sorry, but a QB with over 38 thousand career yards cannot be in the same class as the rest. He may have sucked as a Bear (2278 yards 14 TDs and 12 Ints) but he is nowhere near as bad as the other ones mentioned.

Last edited: