Roster Projection: WR and TE

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I get you. Miller drives me mad, he’s shown some stunning flashes but all the signs point to him being an arrogant prick who’s mailing it in up to this point
Contract years and good QBs can have a way of changing some of that stuff.

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’m not a fan based on his Attitude/ lack of self control. He’s talented…and his yardage would have been better with a more accurate QB…but concerns over the playbook/knowing where to be and his juvenile lack of self control/pro mentality is a big concern
Don’t forget the constant running his mouth and talking about feeling disrespected, the only people being disrespected are his teammates by his dogshit effort

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Contract years and good QBs can have a way of changing some of that stuff.
Well if those are the necessary prerequisites to him being a pro then fuck any new contract

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Well if those are the necessary prerequisites to him being a pro then fuck any new contract
Well yea, that's the thing. If he comes into this year and balls out to the tune of something like 80 catches for 1,000+ yards and 6-8 TDs, what do you do? Do you still consider him a bum who benefitted from a good QB and put in extra effort in a contract year, or do you think he "figured it out" and extend him?

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well yea, that's the thing. If he comes into this year and balls out to the tune of something like 80 catches for 1,000+ yards and 6-8 TDs, what do you do? Do you still consider him a bum who benefitted from a good QB and put in extra effort in a contract year, or do you think he "figured it out" and extend him?
Personally I’d already have cut him. I hate him as a player, he makes me a meatball

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Personally I’d already have cut him. I hate him as a player, he makes me a meatball
He wouldn't be the first player to be something of a diva but really good with some good QB play (if he would happen to figure it out like I had noted). But hey, if you'd prefer to cut him loose then that's cool.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I hope Ridley can beat out Goodwin as he is still only soon to be 25 this July, while Goodwin is already 30. Speed players don't really perform well as they age an Pace's over 30 wide receiver signings usually flop.

Riley has also made some plays when given the opportunity, but the team keeps giving knuckleheads like Miller and Wims reps over him. Either Ridley really pissed off coaches, as is assumed, or is complete garbage which I don't think is the case.

4 catches on 41 snaps in 2020
6 catches on 108 snaps in 2019

on the other hand Javon Wims had

6 catches on 294 snaps in 2020
18 catches on 487 snaps in 2019

I just want Ridley to get 300+ snaps and see what he can do with it in his 3rd year. I think he was really hurt by a lack of a preseason last season and hope he gets the majority of the snaps in those warm up games. We really need to find out what we have in him in game situations, because 150 total snaps is not enough

To what end? Ridley offers nothing as a WR. He is Miller without the attitude or pedigree.

This is a guy that was never productive in college and hasnt been productive in the NFL. He simply sucks.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
If it clicks for Miller his ceiling is probably Earl Bennett. It's looking pretty unlikely at this point and he probably won't develop the sure hands, but the athletic profile seems similar.

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He wouldn't be the first player to be something of a diva but really good with some good QB play (if he would happen to figure it out like I had noted). But hey, if you'd prefer to cut him loose then that's cool.
I don’t think Miller is a typical NFL diva, he isn’t a good enough player.
I certainly understand the point you’re making regarding the decision if he improves but as I said he pushes my buttons so it’s a fuck him from me ?

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Of the backup band, Miller was the only one with hope, but he couldn't get his head or his hands together.

Going forward, its Mooney and Kmet and possibly Robinson, but likely somebody signed in his place.

I hope Dazz shows a little sizzle in his rookie year that would be a nice surprise.

The rest of the names are just that.. names.

Bears should be able to piece together a decent WR group when they replace Robinson next season and will need to fill out the back end of the roster.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I think Miller ends up throwing a tantrum because he doesn’t think he’s getting the ball enough in his contract year…

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
To what end? Ridley offers nothing as a WR. He is Miller without the attitude or pedigree.

This is a guy that was never productive in college and hasnt been productive in the NFL. He simply sucks.

My point isn't that Ridley is some superstar in the making. Its More so that he deserves a true shot. Afterall we did invest a 4th round pick on him. . Why can't we give him a true opportunity to prove himself with consistent play time?

Some guys are just gamers and turn on a different level when the lights are on. Look no further than his performance on the biggest stage in the college football, the 2018 national championship against Alabama.

Why do we continue to give chances to Wims and Miller so much? They've had their shots and haven't done much. We should have already moved off Wims and traded Miller. We also should know more about Ridley at this point. I've quoted the stats somewhere on this board in the past, but Ridley has a higher catch percentage per snap than both Miller and Wims.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I see Kmet having a big year. To me, he showed big time progress at the end of the season and looked like a top 10 TE in the league.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My point isn't that Ridley is some superstar in the making. Its More so that he deserves a true shot. Afterall we did invest a 4th round pick on him. . Why can't we give him a true opportunity to prove himself with consistent play time?

Some guys are just gamers and turn on a different level when the lights are on. Look no further than his performance on the biggest stage in the college football, the 2018 national championship against Alabama.

Why do we continue to give chances to Wims and Miller so much? They've had their shots and haven't done much. We should have already moved off Wims and traded Miller. We also should know more about Ridley at this point. I've quoted the stats somewhere on this board in the past, but Ridley has a higher catch percentage per snap than both Miller and Wims.
I am not sure why Ridley hasn’t gotten more of a chance. But it is unlikely that it is ever coming.

Miller has draft pedigree and a ton of talent on his side.

Goodwin and Byrd have an elite skill and have been productive NFL players.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It wouldn't surprise me if some of the guys we are expecting to step up don't because Fields just takes the ball himself in the red zone.

Like if he throws to Miller or Wims and they drop it - he might lose trust and start taking on more himself.
Why are people talking as if whims will be here? I know they didn't replace his height but certainly replaced him in terms of talent.

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why are people talking as if whims will be here? I know they didn't replace his height but certainly replaced him in terms of talent.
Probably worth questioning whether they replaced him in terms of run blocking and ST, that seems to be where the majority of his value lies

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Probably worth questioning whether they replaced him in terms of run blocking and ST, that seems to be where the majority of his value lies
He played 60 special teams snaps AKA 13% of them. Only 28% of the offensive snaps so his run blocking isn't anything worth keeping him for. He only played so much at the end of the year because Trubisky was so ineffective throwing down the field, Miller was ineffective in general, and Mooney got hurt. The Bears don't have enough offensive firepower to keep a skill player for run blocking and special teams.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I am not sure why Ridley hasn’t gotten more of a chance. But it is unlikely that it is ever coming.

Miller has draft pedigree and a ton of talent on his side.

Goodwin and Byrd have an elite skill and have been productive NFL players.
Miller's career averages per season in yards and TDs are higher than Byrd's and Goodwin's combined in both categories.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
so you're saying stay away from montgomery in fantasy, it's kind of like kyler murray stealing td's from my rb last year
I've already drafted Monty as my #2 RB in multiple mocks i've done. I have no issue with him as my #2 RB at all.