Roster Projection: WR and TE

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Of course.

Why Newsome?
...I'll pass.

I'm not looking for a pissing match with you on a 6th round pick who's going to miss a bunch of time because of a broken collarbone that required surgery.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
That's just flat out untrue:

Career GamesRecYardsTDAVG ReceptionsAVG YardsAVG TD's
Miller
47​
134​
1564​
11​
Goodwin
75​
140​
2323​
13​
Byrd
44​
91​
1092​
4​
Combined3.955.80.26

It's also intellectually lazy...

Miller was a 2nd round pick and was instantly slotted in as a starter on the team. At best, he's been a disappointing but steady contributor. At worst, he's gotten less and less effective and has become a distraction at times.

Byrd was undrafted and kicked around the league... Spent 1 years on the panther practice squad, but has improved each year and last year broke out with the patriots (with very weak QB play). Byrd ran a 4.28 40-yard dash during a draft workout and was considered a project coming out of school.

Goodwin was a third round pick that ran a 4.27 40 at the combine.... His best season was 56 receptions for 962 yards (17 YPC)... A number that Miller has never come close to matching (his highest YPC is 12.8). Goodwin's biggest issue has been staying healthy and available.

To summarise: Miller is trending down / Byrd is trending up / Goodwin is better than both (when healthy).
Averages per season in the league, dumbbell, exactly what I wrote. Goodwin has played seven years, Byrd five. So try doing the 3rd grade math again and maybe you'll figure it out.

To summariZe: Learn to read. And don't read into my factually accurate statement.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Averages per season in the league, dumbbell, exactly what I wrote. Goodwin has played seven years, Byrd five. So try doing the 3rd grade math again and maybe you'll figure it out.

To summariZe: Learn to read. And don't read into my factually accurate statement.
Lol I like the other two better than Miller but was looking at the numbers he posted thinking they support exactly what you said

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
...I'll pass.

I'm not looking for a pissing match with you on a 6th round pick who's going to miss a bunch of time because of a broken collarbone that required surgery.
You know you could simply answer with your thoughts on Newsome instead of creating an argument when there wasn't one

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
...I'll pass.

No problem. I wasn't looking for a pissing match. I was just curious if you had any insight about Newsome to rule him out besides him being a 6th rounder.

Decatur Staley

CBMB Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:

So you’re counting Byrd’s 1 game season his rookie year as a comparable period to Miller’s 16 game season... Makes sense, nice work.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My point isn't that Ridley is some superstar in the making. Its More so that he deserves a true shot. Afterall we did invest a 4th round pick on him. . Why can't we give him a true opportunity to prove himself with consistent play time?

Some guys are just gamers and turn on a different level when the lights are on. Look no further than his performance on the biggest stage in the college football, the 2018 national championship against Alabama.

Why do we continue to give chances to Wims and Miller so much? They've had their shots and haven't done much. We should have already moved off Wims and traded Miller. We also should know more about Ridley at this point. I've quoted the stats somewhere on this board in the past, but Ridley has a higher catch percentage per snap than both Miller and Wims.

He doesn't deserve shit. This isn't Little League where everyone has to play at some point. His performance against Bama was meh. The dude never had 100 yards in 28 college games.

I cant think of any WR that was so pedestrian in college that had a good NFL career. Also, quoting catch % for a guy with 10 career catches is pretty pointless.

If the Bears want to give him a shot then fine. I am simply telling you all the evidence points to him not actually being any good.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No problem. I wasn't looking for a pissing match. I was just curious if you had any insight about Newsome to rule him out besides him being a 6th rounder.

No he doesn't. He has been hating on the Bears draft picks all offseason based largely or his hatred of Pace. That is all.

As for Newsome, if he is healthy he makes the team over Wims and Ridley. He simply offers more than either can as a WR and on STs. Only way I see Wims or Ridley making it is if Newsome goes on IR for the year which is a possibility.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
He doesn't deserve shit. This isn't Little League where everyone has to play at some point. His performance against Bama was meh. The dude never had 100 yards in 28 college games.
I do not watch much College football, didn't they have a ridiculous running game while he was there? Also, JF1 was there his junior year, which, coincidentally was his best (tongue in cheek).

Ridley has not shown in games, he doesn't belong. Wims has.

Last edited:

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
No he doesn't. He has been hating on the Bears draft picks all offseason based largely or his hatred of Pace. That is all.

As for Newsome, if he is healthy he makes the team over Wims and Ridley. He simply offers more than either can as a WR and on STs. Only way I see Wims or Ridley making it is if Newsome goes on IR for the year which is a possibility.
I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I agree with you. People seem to think that Newsome was a steal, so I was surprised that someone was already dumping him before training camp even started.

If there were too many receivers who were head and shoulders above him, I could see him not having a chance, but I don't think that Wims or Ridley has shown anything to make them locks on the team, or even close to locks.