Rozner article on Hawks' cap woes NEXT season...

Ton

Liked Posts:
How does this guy have a job? Go away! No one will miss you.

Perfect example of media sending false messages to the people, happens all the time and Rozner is full force in this propaganda. Hell this is just hockey, imagine how many members of the media send false messages about politics, religion, etc.. etc..

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Edit: Did he include the wayward French goalie in his numbers?

Ton

Liked Posts:
His numbers are WAY off.

$43.5M committed to 11 players, not $49M... how the hell do you screw up calculations by nearly $6M? Those are basic calculations, not rocket science.

$15.8M left to fill out the roster. Which is around $1.75M per player, obviously we won't be spending that much on 9 remaining players. Some will be 800K, some will be $5M (Seabrook).

Add to that that the cap will be going up anywhere between $2M-$4M and there are no problems to speak of unless Stan truly screws things up.

Rozner talks out of his ass, such a poor excuse for a reporter, especially throwing out false facts.

Sharp does not make $4.2M, he makes $3.9M, common knowledge for any Hawk fan. He suggests they trade him to get under the Cap -- thank God he isn't GM. Good luck finding a versatile player for $3.9M who can play center, wing, score 30-35 goals, play the PK, the PP, etc.. etc..

Apparently Bolland is a No. 3 center as well, what more does this guy have to do to prove he can play on the 2nd line? Hes on pace for 44 points to end the year in 75 games. 7 pts in the last 5 games, 27 pts in his last 31 games. The guy is playing almost at a PPG pace nearly half of the season. It was clear that at the beginning of the year he was hurt, only had 5 pts his first 27 games. Find me a No. 3 center that does what Bolland does, other than Jordan Staal, which in reality he can easily be a No. 2 guy.

This guy is stupid, I can keep going but its not worth my energy.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its funny this guy has stuck around for so long with some of the stuff he has written over the years.

Rozner is on my Chicago sports reporter DOOOshbag list along with David Dickhead Haugh, and even though he's not a writer how about WGN's Dan Roan.

Rozner is on the Score 670 right now and is saying the cap issues are all DT fault. A caller tried telling him some of the cap issues were Bowman (offer sheets) and McD. Rozner totally disagreed and said it was all Tallon.

Larmer83

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm surprised that Rozner wrote a Hawks article without blaming Tallon for every woe.

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nope, he clearly states:

Yeah, but he might have counted his salary in the total, but not the player.

There are several places to get salary numbers....He must have used a poor source for data.

For an article that depends so much on math, he really dropped the ball on this one.

I would not be surprised if there was a trade of a "core" player like Hammer or Hossa, but it seems as though that might not be necessary.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Yeah, but he might have counted his salary in the total, but not the player.

There are several places to get salary numbers....He must have used a poor source for data.

For an article that depends so much on math, he really dropped the ball on this one.

I would not be surprised if there was a trade of a "core" player like Hammer or Hossa, but it seems as though that might not be necessary.

I'll go with...he's just an idiot.

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
His numbers are WAY off.

$43.5M committed to 11 players, not $49M... how the hell do you screw up calculations by nearly $6M? Those are basic calculations, not rocket science.

$15.8M left to fill out the roster. Which is around $1.75M per player, obviously we won't be spending that much on 9 remaining players. Some will be 800K, some will be $5M (Seabrook).

Add to that that the cap will be going up anywhere between $2M-$4M and there are no problems to speak of unless Stan truly screws things up.

Rozner talks out of his ass, such a poor excuse for a reporter, especially throwing out false facts.

Sharp does not make $4.2M, he makes $3.9M, common knowledge for any Hawk fan. He suggests they trade him to get under the Cap -- thank God he isn't GM. Good luck finding a versatile player for $3.9M who can play center, wing, score 30-35 goals, play the PK, the PP, etc.. etc..

Apparently Bolland is a No. 3 center as well, what more does this guy have to do to prove he can play on the 2nd line? Hes on pace for 44 points to end the year in 75 games. 7 pts in the last 5 games, 27 pts in his last 31 games. The guy is playing almost at a PPG pace nearly half of the season. It was clear that at the beginning of the year he was hurt, only had 5 pts his first 27 games. Find me a No. 3 center that does what Bolland does, other than Jordan Staal, which in reality he can easily be a No. 2 guy.

This guy is stupid, I can keep going but its not worth my energy.

Why not challenge him by writing a letter to the editor, making a comment on the paper site, emailing him, etc?

I think your facts stand for themselves and would love to see his answer to them.

supraman

Liked Posts:
I won't lie I'm still nervous about the cap next year. we aren't leaving a lot of room to keep the up and coming talent around. I even question keeping Seabs, I'm really on the fence about it, I mean what if Morin develops into some thing big or Leddy are we going to have the room to keep him around. what if Leddy becomes better than Keith, RK suggested it, well now what, if he is better I want Leddy over Keith but we have Keith signed for a trillion years at a decent sized cap it. How do we keep Leddy?

That's my big concern.

Ton

Liked Posts:
Why not challenge him by writing a letter to the editor, making a comment on the paper site, emailing him, etc?

I think your facts stand for themselves and would love to see his answer to them.

There's no use in replying to the comment section, he would never respond. I think I will send him an email at some point in the day and also getting in contact with another representative of the Daily Herald to let them know.

There really is no excuse for such a poorly written article. I understand hockey isn't really that important, but if he can throw out false facts here what is stopping these reporters from throwing out false facts on political, religious, and other controversial topics? It makes the Daily Herald look bad. I don't really read the Herald so I don't know how accurate their writing is compared to these other topics but if this is any indication I'm glad I stay away.

Tim

Liked Posts:
I won't lie I'm still nervous about the cap next year. we aren't leaving a lot of room to keep the up and coming talent around. I even question keeping Seabs, I'm really on the fence about it, I mean what if Morin develops into some thing big or Leddy are we going to have the room to keep him around. what if Leddy becomes better than Keith, RK suggested it, well now what, if he is better I want Leddy over Keith but we have Keith signed for a trillion years at a decent sized cap it. How do we keep Leddy?

That's my big concern.

At what point is Campbell tradeable? There is the money for 2 good defensemen.

Or what point would a buyout be considered which could save approx 5 mill./ yr

Ton

Liked Posts:
He has 5 years remaining on his contract, hes in his third year with the Hawks.

I'm not sure how much value he has around the league, he isn't really as productive as a $7.1M defenseman should be, but I still think he provides more value than his statistics indicate.

I'm not really sure if they can find a fit for him elsewhere unless he has a monster year next year or finishes this year off extremely strong. His NTC will hamper a lot of deals, surely his 8 teams will consist of some of the top teams in the league, most of which wouldn't have the cap space anyway.

I'd say he has a few more years left here. Who knows though, maybe a team like Dallas (who probably won't re-sign Richards, even though they have the cap space) would take a chance on a guy like Campbell to acquire a big name player in place of what they will lose. It just depends on if Campbell would accept a trade to a team like that. Maybe Dale has some interest in him as well.

A buyout would be silly at this point, no way Rocky pays around $2M a year for the next 10 years.

R K

I did through face book and he blocked me. The guy is a fucking idiot. Hands down one of the worst columnists of the bunch. He writes half truths and flat out lies, just to get a rise out of people.

Hey Barry, you are a fucking hack.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I wish that the cap hit for a player was the average length of the contract for the current team, but if the player is traded then it would be the average of the remaining years on the contract. That would make things so awesome for everyone.

Ton

Liked Posts:
I wish that the cap hit for a player was the average length of the contract for the current team, but if the player is traded then it would be the average of the remaining years on the contract. That would make things so awesome for everyone.

Won't matter in Campbells case, his contract is consistent through out the remaining years. There is no drop off in salary.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Won't matter in Campbells case, his contract is consistent through out the remaining years. There is no drop off in salary.

I was just thinking about the game in general. Especially with the trend of frontloading contracts now. Would be a very nice work around for teams. And as players decline, you can trade them and they would still be at the cap value of their skills... Everyone wins.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just wish he'd understand the term cap hit is different than salary.