Rumor: Bears have massive offer on table for Watson

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
This is the second time the media has claimed the Bears have the highest offer on the table for a QB this off-season. Last time we found out the Bears didn't even make an offer.

True, but Watson and Wilson are legit game changers. It would make sense the bears are holding onto their ammo for one of them as opposed to trying to win a bidding war for Wentz, who may never repeat his past success.

That said, who knows? But with their jobs on the line, it’s hard to imagine pace and Nagy not willing to go all in for a franchise QB.

My best guess of a potential offer?

Roquan, JJ, 3 1sts, 2 2nds.

Not sure how they upgrade the OL and get the defense up to snuff, but I’d do it. My guess is they tag and trade Robinson and then hope desai/Pettine could keep the defense respectable

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This is the second time the media has claimed the Bears have the highest offer on the table for a QB this off-season. Last time we found out the Bears didn't even make an offer.

Did we find that out? I mean has Pace actually confirmed that? Or has one media outlet reported one thing and another reported another?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
True, but Watson and Wilson are legit game changers. It would make sense the bears are holding onto their ammo for one of them as opposed to trying to win a bidding war for Wentz, who may never repeat his past success.

That said, who knows? But with their jobs on the line, it’s hard to imagine pace and Nagy not willing to go all in for a franchise QB.

Not sure how they upgrade the OL and get the defense up to snuff, but I’d do it. My guess is they tag and trade Robinson and then hope desai/Pettine could keep the defense respectable

Holy shit that's a huge offer to give up. I've been on the whatever it takes to get Watson and now Wilson but damn that's a lot. I'm thinking we could get a better deal than that, not much better but better. Like instead of giving up two of our best young players instead take one out and have them take one of our young players that's getting paid a lot like E.Jackson, K.Fuller or E.Goldman and then not sure i'm giving two 2nd's with the three 1st's, i'm taking one 2nd out and throwing in a 4th or 5th instead.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Holy shit that's a huge offer to give up. I've been on the whatever it takes to get Watson and now Wilson but damn that's a lot. I'm thinking we could get a better deal than that, not much better but better. Like instead of giving up two of our best young players instead take one out and have them take one of our young players that's getting paid a lot like E.Jackson, K.Fuller or E.Goldman and then not sure i'm giving two 2nd's with the three 1st's and taking one out and throwing in a 4th or 5th instead.

Why would they want EJ who played like shit and is the highest paid safety? Bears have to give up good young players because their first round picks are going to be #20 and lower. Have to give to get a franchise QB just the name of the game

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

I think the Eagles leaked that false claim

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Gonna be hard to win giving up that much.

Of course it's hard to win with no QB too.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:

I’d do that in a heartbeat.

I’d try to avoid giving up Mooney though at all costs

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Gonna be hard to win giving up that much.

Not totally convinced of that. The defense held their own against the Saints without Roquan and JJ. They also did fine in 19 with KPL and Kwit. Long term, JJs shoulder scares me.

If they get a 2nd for Robinson they could draft best OL available with that pick
. Or WR. There will also be a lot of cuts in the NFL that would never have happened with the lower cap. Could potentially get some really good players on cheaper than normal deals. And of course, they would still have mid round picks and pace has been historically good there.

Offensive building blocks: Watson or Wilson, Mooney, Monty, Cody, Daniels, 2nd rounder, Kmet....Cohen lol

Defensive: wouldn’t be a lot of youth but pace could build a defense. Still would have Mack, hicks, fuller, EJ, bilal, DT, Goldman

Plenty of talent on both sides and most importantly, an actual franchise QB

GoBears

Liked Posts:
I heard it's all our first round draft choices for the rest of the franchise. Watson will play 1 year and then retire.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Not totally convinced of that. The defense held their own against the Saints without Roquan and JJ. They also did fine in 19 with KPL and Kwit. Long term, JJs shoulder scares me.

If they get a 2nd for Robinson they could draft best OL available with that pick
. Or WR. There will also be a lot of cuts in the NFL that would never have happened with the lower cap. Could potentially get some really good players on cheaper than normal deals. And of course, they would still have mid round picks and pace has been historically good there.

Offensive building blocks: Watson or Wilson, Mooney, Monty, Cody, Daniels, 2nd rounder, Kmet....Cohen lol

Defensive: wouldn’t be a lot of youth but pace could build a defense. Still would have Mack, hicks, fuller, EJ, bilal, DT, Goldman

Plenty of talent on both sides and most importantly, an actual franchise QB

You still have to cut Fuller or Hicks to get under the cap and add the QB.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does the NFL still do contingency deals?

I mean, say the Bears trade for Watson and give them every pick this year except #20-we need an OT. Then, the Texans "earn" the Bears first round pick each and every year Watson leads the Bears to the playoffs. So, if the Bears go to the playoffs the next ten years in a row then the Texans get 10 first round draft picks. I don't know about you all, but to be alive in the playoffs consistently with a top 5 QB gets my nips super hard. Fuck off with those late first round picks. Maybe a parameter is that Watson has to start or play in a certain # of games, perhaps 14.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
The perception around the league is that the Bears are the most desperate team for a QB. Our coach abd GM are on the hot seat and just had a press conference to reiterate that everything is on the table.

Its the benefit of teams like Houston and Eagles to tell the league, even if it is just made up, that we have the best offer to this drive up the price and see who wants to bid against a perceived desperate team. Truth is we actually don't have a lot of draft capital, tradable assets, or cap space. There are many teams that could outbid us.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Why would they want EJ who played like shit and is the highest paid safety? Bears have to give up good young players because their first round picks are going to be #20 and lower. Have to give to get a franchise QB just the name of the game

Can we please stop with the E.jackson played like shit last year? Yes he didn't play the way he played before we gave him his new contract but he didn't play like shit. He missed tackles and hasn't been getting turnovers but he's still far from being a shit player. I also don't think he's the highest paid safety anymore but not 100% on that, i think it might be Buddah Baker now.

Yes you have to give to get and that package of 3 1st round picks, 2 2nd round picks and two great young players is definitely giving but i don't think it should take that much but i also obviously have zero idea so it's just my opinion. I'd still give them either one of Roquan and JJ which i'm sure they'd want Roquan and i'd still give them 3 1st round picks and i'd still give them a couple other picks but not 2 2nd's.

3 -1st round picks
1 - 3rd round pick in 2021
1 - 4th round pick in 2022
R.Smith or JJ
E.Jackson or K.Fuller

That's a hell of a return