Rumor: Bears have massive offer on table for Watson

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wait, who is a middle tier QB? Watson and Wilson are both clearly better than that.

sorry, should have read more like this..

“My cynicism though thinks it’s a fools errand, other teams have more, and he will end up mortgaging our future for a middle tier qb.”

just meant that after he whiffs on both these qbs he’ll do something stupid..like trade too many picks for a different qb like Ryan, marriotta, etc

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I think after Watson and Wilson that A.Smith and S.Darnold would both be options in free agency or trade. I think the Jets either trade for Watson or draft Z.Wilson at #2 and trade Darnold.

I don't think we'll be able to outbid the multiple teams that will be calling teams like the Jets, Miami and anyone else in the top 10-15 that are willing to trade down and there's gotta be at least 5-7 teams that will be calling to move up for one of the top 4-5 QB's.

Looks like Ryan Fitzpatrick is gonna retire.

I just think the Bears are more desperate and Pace has an appetite to go big, rightly or wrongly, where others don’t. You don’t generally get a second shot at being a GM, so I can’t see him going down without a fight.

Wilson is the more likely that Watson, of course. He actually wants to be in Chicago. If it’s gone sour with Carroll & co then they’d probably take a cache of picks and rebuild.

I’m not saying the Bears are getting Watson or Wilson, but they’re throwing everything at it and their next move would be the draft. Just wouldn’t make sense to surrender your own job by trying to sell broken QBs to your already pissed off fan base.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I just think the Bears are more desperate and Pace has an appetite to go big, rightly or wrongly, where others don’t. You don’t generally get a second shot at being a GM, so I can’t see him going down without a fight.

Wilson is the more likely that Watson, of course. He actually wants to be in Chicago. If it’s gone sour with Carroll & co then they’d probably take a cache of picks and rebuild.

I’m not saying the Bears are getting Watson or Wilson, but they’re throwing everything at it and their next move would be the draft. Just wouldn’t make sense to surrender your own job by trying to sell broken QBs to your already pissed off fan base.

good points. IMO drafting and developing a Qb with mobilty needs to happen regardless.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
No you misunderstand. I am saying he wouldnt sit out. I am saying you would have a disgruntled QB leading your franchise which is a recipe for disaster.

The mistake is in thinking he has to sit out to become a problem. By virtute of playing the most important position on the field he is a problem even if he plays so long as he us unhappy.

Why the hell are you a bears fan?

I missed u in this thread above :unsure: ? Have a good weekend

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
The question no one answers is what do we have to offer Seattle and what would they want for Wilson.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Watson or Wilson. You’d still want to see them pick up a project at some point.

To be honest they ought to have been drafting one every year but Pace is a liar ?

right. And even if the young Qb doesn't become a starter, maybe ya trade him and get a pick for him. That's what N.E. and G.B. have been doing for years. G.B. has Rodgers, but the still went out and got Jordan Love.
Ya gotta "love" how they value the Qb position. :D

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
sorry, should have read more like this..

“My cynicism though thinks it’s a fools errand, other teams have more, and he will end up mortgaging our future for a middle tier qb.”

just meant that after he whiffs on both these qbs he’ll do something stupid..like trade too many picks for a different qb like Ryan, marriotta, etc

That could definitely happen. I'll give him credit for trying to get either Watson or Wilson, but if they fall through now, this is going to get really sad. :ROFLMAO:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
good points. IMO drafting and developing a Qb with mobilty needs to happen regardless.
Jones and Trask don’t really fit that mold. I’m not really a fan of them being mocked to us. This o-line wouldn’t do them any favors.

You're a smart man. Keep this in mind too, the last time we won a SB, the Qb had a certain degree of mobility.