Rumor: Bears have massive offer on table for Watson

TL1961

Liked Posts:
If i had a nickel for every post that said “oh god oh suck, it’s the Bears they’ll fuck it up we’ll never be good oh poor me oh whoa is me” I’d be a rich man

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I would drink her bath water.
I would take a bath with her and eat a meal of food with her. Perhaps corn?

And all you other weirdos can drink her bath water and eat the corn out of her shit.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not sure that's a good analogy, Rem... because we're talking about Watson sitting out the year on the bench. He isn't going to leading anything. So he isn't going to have any more effect on the team than Bell was when he sat on the bench.

Your first point was spot on. If the Texans believe Watson will actually sit out the year, I believe they will trade him. It's also not impossible they're willing to bite that bullet (let him sit).

No you misunderstand. I am saying he wouldnt sit out. I am saying you would have a disgruntled QB leading your franchise which is a recipe for disaster.

The mistake is in thinking he has to sit out to become a problem. By virtute of playing the most important position on the field he is a problem even if he plays so long as he us unhappy.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So..if we go out and get Wilson over Watson, he’s gonna really hate Pace and the Bears...anyone think that If we get Wilson, in 6 years, Bears will be contemplating getting Watson again at an age that is younger than Wilson now.? Maybe an extra first rounder or so is worth it for that time?

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Based on what?

if they don’t get either Watson or Wilson then they’re drafting a QB in round 1, likely trading up.

They’d be firing themselves by not making a splash of some kind.
I’m joking of course but this goes to show that no one really knows anything. Do we have massive trace offers on the table for one or both or none like the case was with wentz. We actually have no idea what the understanding is between ownership andPace/Nagy. Maybe a huge
splash is not necessary for them to keep their jobs. Maybe enough of a splash to put butts in the seats and make us competitive is. That’s why a Matt Ryan, drew lock, Marcus Marriotta, J. Winston, trade or signing wouldn’t surprise me.

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I’m joking of course but this goes to show that no one really knows anything. Do we have massive trace offers on the table for one or both or none like the case was with wentz. We actually have no idea what the understanding is between ownership andPace/Nagy. Maybe a huge
splash is not necessary for them to keep their jobs. Maybe enough of a splash to put butts in the seats and make us competitive is. That’s why a Matt Ryan, drew lock, Marcus Marriotta, J. Winston, trade or signing wouldn’t surprise me.
I was expecting them to lock into someone underwhelming like Wentz, but they didn’t.

None of those names save you your job. You can’t do the ‘everything is fine’ end of season presser and roll it back with probably similar or worse QB than you had.

Watson or Wilson changes the narrative, drafting a QB might buy you time, it’s either or. It’s very hard to get a GM job and it’s even more unlikely to get a second go at it once you’ve been fired. I just can’t see someone like Pace, who doesn’t mind going big, going out quietly.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
I feel like when teams call a player's bluff, they're doing a disservice to themselves. I have no issues with the team doing what they can to work things out with a guy and turn him around, but if he's willing to sit out games, just get rid of him. At that point, he's not going to play for you again. Get what you can get, and wash your hands of that bullshit.

The Texans are going to need to rebuild. I'm sure they want to do it with Deshaun Watson, but if he's out, do it with another QB, and some extra draft picks and defensive players.
Well I'm sure that why Cal hired a cultish chaplan to be team president.

They are clearly planning on a rebuild and are pulling out the big guns and letting Jesus take over the draft.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was expecting them to lock into someone underwhelming like Wentz, but they didn’t.

None of those names save you your job. You can’t do the ‘everything is fine’ end of season presser and roll it back with probably similar or worse QB than you had.

Watson or Wilson changes the narrative, drafting a QB might buy you time, it’s either or. It’s very hard to get a GM job and it’s even more unlikely to get a second go at it once you’ve been fired. I just can’t see someone like Pace, who doesn’t mind going big, going out quietly.
I get it. We deserve a top qb that works out for once.. Watson, Wilson, move up in draft don’t really care.

It would be nice to think that we have a GM that is putting out this sort of info to lower the asking price from both sides. Pitting them against each other to get the windfall from “desperate Bears”. My cynicism though thinks it’s a fools errand, other teams have more, and he is mortgaging our future for a middle tier qb.

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I get it. We deserve a top qb that works out for once.. Watson, Wilson, move up in draft don’t really care.

It would be nice to think that we have a GM that is putting out this sort of info to lower the asking price from both sides. Pitting them against each other to get the windfall from “desperate Bears”. My cynicism though thinks it’s a fools errand, other teams have more, and he is mortgaging our future for a middle tier qb.
Out of the four teams Wilson is essentially telling you he is interested in, surely the only competition is Vegas and they have a Carr issue.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
I would give pace a lot more credit. I think he knows it's an unprecedented chance he's getting here and he can't screw it up with his qb evaluation because both are bona fide nfl top 10 starters.

Wilson has said he wants to be here if he's traded and the hawks are listening its now just up to pace

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
he is mortgaging our future for a middle tier qb.

Wait, who is a middle tier QB? Watson and Wilson are both clearly better than that.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Based on what?

if they don’t get either Watson or Wilson then they’re drafting a QB in round 1, likely trading up.

They’d be firing themselves by not making a splash of some kind.

I think after Watson and Wilson that A.Smith and S.Darnold would both be options in free agency or trade. I think the Jets either trade for Watson or draft Z.Wilson at #2 and trade Darnold.

I don't think we'll be able to outbid the multiple teams that will be calling teams like the Jets, Miami and anyone else in the top 10-15 that are willing to trade down and there's gotta be at least 5-7 teams that will be calling to move up for one of the top 4-5 QB's.

Looks like Ryan Fitzpatrick is gonna retire.