CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Every example you have given either had great talent on offense or won largely due to a league best or near that defense. With the proposed trade cost in players and picks the Bears will have neither for years.
And as for your examples:
Fucking Eli Manning won a SB in a season in which he had a passer rating of 73.9, 25th in the league, and threw 20 INT's.

Phillip Rivers has won what exactly?

Russel Wilson is 3-5 in playoffs and hasn't been able to get back to even the NFC Championship game without the league #1 ranked defense since 2014.

The only modern QB's to win with marginal talent are Brady, though he won with marginal talent and great coaching, and Rodgers,who has has only been able to do it once in 13 years as a starter. And once again, citing either of those as to what a franchise QB like Watson could do with the Bears roster and Nagy is preposterous.

I'm sure whatever answer you have would lead to mediocrity as well.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just to recap (and to puke)

In 2017 Pace could have:

picked watson @ #3

In 2021 this offer suggests that to get Watson 4 years later pace would have given up

2017 #1
2017 #3
2017 #4
2018 #3
2021 #1
2021 #2
2022 #1
2022 #2
2023 #1
Roquan Smith (2018 #1 pick)
Jayln Johnson (2020 #2 pick)

Oh....and he missed out on 4 years of a rookie qb deal (while having a young and aggressive d at the time) and is inheriting his 160 mil contract

#collaborating

Yeah, this is why any deal like this for Watson should lead to the immediate dismissal of Pace.

Personally, I don't think it's worth it. I'd rather roll with a vet and a rookie who are similar in what they can do on the field. Seems from what coaches said we are looking at a more mobile style of qb, so perhaps Fields or Lance. Even though we will have to give up quite a bit to move up, I doubt it would cost all that...Plus you pay the rookie contract for 4-5 years,

Jets seem like they are resigned to keeping Darnold so offer them what you can to move up and take second pick of QB, maybe Pace will get it right this time.

SD Bears

Liked Posts:
Exactly the opposite of that. The fact that they made the mistake four years ago should not be a factor In their decision making now.

Shouldn't be a factor? The fact it will ultimately take 4 1sts, multiple 2nds and later rounds, some of our young 1st & 2nd round defensive talent to finally get the guy we should have had with none of this expenditure makes it a definite factor. The optics are horrible, and it will solidify Pace and the Bears as the dumbest GM / organization in the NFL.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Sure, how about instead we bring up the bulk of the careers of Eli Manning, Ben roethlisberger, Phillip Rivers, Russell Wilson no really I can go on and on and on.

Because the point is whatever you personally think about Watson, he is a better quarterback than anything we have seen on the Bears in our lifetime including the great Jay Cutler who ended up being an average quarterback statistically, and yet records wise is the best quarterback in Bears history.

DeShaun Watson is better than that, and would be someone a team who is smart can build around.

Anyone who has watched Houston knows that team is not smart. And I know Bears fans would argue that neither are the Bears.

But I would rather take the chance then not because at least if you take the chance, you are trying for the damn quarterback.

You know, instead of being a pussy and never actually trying because you're afraid they get the wrong guy, and therefore just want the Bears to spend on defense...
You miss the point. Even if he is the right guy, he will still need a quality team around him. And you would have eliminated the chance to have that by giving up what it takes to get him.

End result is the same. We suck. Just maybe be a little more exciting doing it.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
out of that list of 5, Tyrod or Jacoby, with the intent to draft a rookie. From that previous video clip, Mariotta might be ok, but a hard no on Matt Ryan.

I'd have Jameis #1 and would also put A.Smith on that list and be good with him or R.Fitzpatrick and drafting a QB to sit behind either of the two.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I like how the Bears' desperation is somehow framed as a positive thing.

Like other teams are just going to want to give us their franchise QB or flip us a top 5 pick because we really need a QB.

1. The Bears cannot offer the most.

2. The Texans are not trading him.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I like how the Bears' desperation is somehow framed as a positive thing.

Like other teams are just going to want to give us their franchise QB or flip us a top 5 pick because we really need a QB.

1. The Bears cannot offer the most.

2. The Texans are not trading him.
Bears have a better shot at Wilson over Watson. And yes, if Chicago is Wilson’s desired destination then the Seahawks will have to give us their franchise QB and the Bears will be able to offer the most.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
Stafford’s career passer rating is around 89.9. I’m not sure why he’s being quoted as just having good stats, in the modern era that qualifies as decent to good and no more. Watson is over 104 so far, he’s one of the best QBs in history statistically. There is absolutely no comparison on paper.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Stafford’s career passer rating is around 89.9. I’m not sure why he’s being quoted as just having good stats, in the modern era that qualifies as decent to good and no more. Watson is over 104 so far, he’s one of the best QBs in history statistically. There is absolutely no comparison on paper.
Game aint played on paper.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You miss the point. Even if he is the right guy, he will still need a quality team around him. And you would have eliminated the chance to have that by giving up what it takes to get him.

End result is the same. We suck. Just maybe be a little more exciting doing it.

Oh no I do get it. I get your point. I just think your point sucks. Fatalism does not get you a franchise quarterback.

And I laugh at people who nitpick other quarterbacks who would, if they were to put on a bears uniform, instantly be the best quarterback the Bears have ever fielded.

I'm not even talking the superstars. I'm talking about just above average guys like Matt Ryan.

That is the point none of you guys get:

Until you get a quarterback that is above average at a bare minimum, NOTHING ELSE MATTERS.

And the cost to get that quarterback is never too great.

Because even if you have to tear up your current team to do it, you now have the quarterback. And everyone else can be replaced as you build around your quarterback.

Anyone who doesn't understand that bit of logic has no business even arguing the point.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Oh no I do get it. I get your point. I just think your point sucks. Fatalism does not get you a franchise quarterback.

And I laugh at people who nitpick other quarterbacks who would, if they were to put on a bears uniform, instantly be the best quarterback the Bears have ever fielded.

I'm not even talking the superstars. I'm talking about just above average guys like Matt Ryan.

That is the point none of you guys get:

Until you get a quarterback that is above average at a bare minimum, NOTHING ELSE MATTERS.

And the cost to get that quarterback is never too great.

Because even if you have to tear up your current team to do it, you now have the quarterback. And everyone else can be replaced as you build around your quarterback.

Anyone who doesn't understand that bit of logic has no business even arguing the point.
These meatballs saying u have to get a great ol b4 getting a gr8 qb are morons. Bears ol isn't even that bad. They seemed to be getting going at the end of the season just fine. Meatballs wanna spend 2 or 3 years rebuilding the ol now for any qb, not just a rookie. It's like bears fans are literally terrified of having a gr8 qb getting sacked lol. Insane